Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

We should all club together and buy that curry house he loves and goes to every week and ban him until he sells the club.

Or reduce the menu to a really basic ‘curry’, stop serving alcohol and refuse to clean it but still charge the same price for what he’s getting. Telling him things won’t improve until the restaurant is able to ‘wipe its own nose’ then refuse to sell it to anyone despite putting it on the market twice a year just to get his hopes up.

And bring in Joe Kinnear as manager.

i mean ashley going to the saudi lads hoose is surely the best case scenario

"look mike, before we finalise this thing let me show you my home cinema/man cave area i've just had done out in the basement"

"sorry no i don't have any carling"

"no fosters either"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Considering what they do in embassies, isn’t Ashley getting invited to a home absolutely fabulous news? I hope they use a giant SlapChop™️

When this latest horseshit disappears into the ether, I’m betting the next one is a Chinese trillionaire with links to Rafa who’s been at the data room stage for 6 months but no price agreed yet. It’ll come out in June just in time to drag on through the summer.

He must at least be due a knighthood soon, for saving the high street, and all that.

John Hall got one for building a big shopping centre. He never put his hand in his pocket and bought one shop, never mind how many 'Sir Mike' has.

One of the things that has really pissed me off in these takeover sagas over the past couple of years is it’s always us as fans that’s strung on and has the piss taken out of us for a certain extent. We hear snippets of info and then papers like the chronicle rehash any slight bit of info for clicks. We get told nothing from the club. Nothing from the bidders and then it just fizzles out without actually finding out what the reason is. Same with the Dubai based group, Stavely, Kenyon and now this Saudi group. Some of them even using the fan base as a sort of pawn.

One of the things that has really pissed me off in these takeover sagas over the past couple of years is it’s always us as fans that’s strung on and has the piss taken out of us for a certain extent. We hear snippets of info and then papers like the chronicle rehash any slight bit of info for clicks. We get told nothing from the club. Nothing from the bidders and then it just fizzles out without actually finding out what the reason is. Same with the Dubai based group, Stavely, Kenyon and now this Saudi group. Some of them even using the fan base as a sort of pawn.

Let me tell you why they all failed. Mike Ashley.

Next ask me one on Sport.

Why would the Saudi government and the two richest men in the UK need to arrange financing?

Am I reading this wrong?  I'd think they could lay their hands on the required cash in pretty short order.

I think it's meant to mean arranging to pay, rather than arranging getting money.