Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The interest clearly wasn't / isn't bullshit.

"Clearly"  :lol:

The only thing clear here is the club will not be sold.

Yep. I think I've lost track now but I don't think we've heard indisputable evidence from anyone completely trustworthy that this takeover was a thing.

From what I recall, there was one story in the Wall Street Journal then all of a sudden, everyone claimed to know what was going on.

I'm in the 'it was all bollocks' camp.

What's your explanation for the Wall Street Journal story and no denials from both parties? Please don't say Keith Bishop.

Not disputing your 2nd point mind....

Well this ‘takeover’ sure went quiet. :lol:

The next thing we'll hear is that they're waiting for PL safety to be guaranteed before definitely 100% buying us for real.

Save us, Space Muslims, you're our only hope.

I was expecting to see something like this in the Sunday papers, but I imagine it won't be long until it is written.

Well this ‘takeover’ sure went quiet. :lol:

The next thing we'll hear is that they're waiting for PL safety to be guaranteed before definitely 100% buying us for real.

Save us, Space Muslims, you're our only hope.

I was expecting to see something like this in the Sunday papers, but I imagine it won't be long until it is written.

The Daily Star today have released an article with a title saying the deal could fall apart because of a disagreement between the Saudi’s and Staveley. They article literally has nothing in it relating to the title. It pretty much just gives a statement that since the rumours of the takeover started there has been no new info and very briefly mentions and article in the Gazette but does not expand on it.

It's like the Daily Star have employed Lee Ryder’s restarted brother to write an article.

It will do the job though because everyone desperate to hear something about a takeover on a boring Sunday after a poor defeat will click on the link and give the Daily Star revenue. It’s not even like the Daily Star even pretend to have a solid reputation to uphold.

The Wall Street journal piece has basically disintegrated. First they said advanced talks and a deal could be completed within weeks. Then the celeb friend is brought into the story and the latest is that she brought the deal to the Saudis after meeting Staveley and she couldn’t answer any questions about returns that they asked.

And that’s where it was left.

Those journalists need to be called out on that. It’s not the daily mail they write for.

So you actually believe that none of the reported interested parties have ever been actually interested in purchasing the club? Come on, man. BZG was a hoax, but Staveley clearly isn't. She just hasn't got the funds that Ashley wants.

The Wall Street journal piece has basically disintegrated. First they said advanced talks and a deal could be completed within weeks. Then the celeb friend is brought into the story and the latest is that she brought the deal to the Saudis after meeting Staveley and she couldn’t answer any questions about returns that they asked.

And that’s where it was left.

Those journalists need to be called out on that. It’s not the daily mail they write for.

Talks and deals can take a while. Just because we have heard fuck all, it does not mean something isn’t happening. For example the buyers could be waiting to see if we are safe to buy us. They could be waiting in Premier League approval etc. There will likely be a fucking web of deals and attachments Ashley has got the club in to sort out before any sale can be finalised etc.

Deals like this don’t happen overnight, even if £350m does happen to be loose change to you.

So you actually believe that none of the reported interested parties have ever been actually interested in purchasing the club? Come on, man. BZG was a hoax, but Staveley clearly isn't. She just hasn't got the funds that Ashley wants.

Staveley has funds the last time, but not as much as now. That’s why her bids depended on a lot of circumstances and were a bit lower than the current one.

That was never going to fly with Ashley, he threw a hissy fit then Staveley’s backers wanted to put their money elsewhere, where they would get a return, instead of sitting in a pot waiting for Ashley to pick up.

I think now she’s in a much better position. With the Saudi’s she’s pretty much always going to have access to £350m whenever she needs it.

As ever, the only stumbling block is if that fat cunt decides his time is up.

Talks and desks can take a while. Just because we have heard fuck all, it does not mean something isn’t happening. For example the buyers could be waiting to see if we are safe to buy us. They could be waiting in Premier League approval etc. There will likely be a fucking web of deals and attachments Ashley has got the club in to sort out before any sale can be finalised etc.

Deals like this don’t happen overnight, even if £350m does happen to be loose change to you.

Exactly the same thing was said the previous times so you'll have to forgive me if I don't see this latest silence as a sign that something is happening.

Whatever led to the WSJ piece being written, I cannot say, but there has been nothing since to suggest it was credible.

Talks and desks can take a while. Just because we have heard fuck all, it does not mean something isn’t happening. For example the buyers could be waiting to see if we are safe to buy us. They could be waiting in Premier League approval etc. There will likely be a fucking web of deals and attachments Ashley has got the club in to sort out before any sale can be finalised etc.

Exactly the same thing was said the previous times so you'll have to forgive me if I don't see this latest silence as a sign that something is happening.

Whatever led to the WSJ piece being written, I cannot say, but there has been nothing since to suggest it was credible.

I think the lack of denials from any of the rumoured parties suggests some credibility. They gain nothing from being linked and if anything it harms Staveleys reputation after the original failed bids.

More likely there was interest and Ashleys demands have kiboshed it.

Edit - or the slump may have had an impact. You'd be nuts to pay nearly 1/2 billion at this stage.

That Portsmouth home game made me feel physically sick at the time. 3-0 down after 10 mins, with 3 goals conceded in 3 minutes  :tickedoff:

Remember that day well. Last or second last season I had a season ticket in the middle of the Gallowgate. Seen the goals flying in perfectly well and I found it hilarious. Think Cacapa was subbed just after the third. Can probably pin point that day to when I started to not give a f*** about the club.

Guest The Little Waster

Same mo as last time , big story in a Murdoch newspaper , its almost done , followed by mindless speculation . Caulkin says its a legit attempt though and George is more trustworthy than the rest of the hacks put together

You see, theres so much smoke and mirrors and outright bollocks flying around that I am beginning to doubt Staveley, yes.

She hasn't got the funds? Come on man, we're being told one of the wealthiest people in the world is behind her.

She's been on the scene for 2 and a half years now. Is she just waiting for Mike to play nice?  :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

Same mo as last time , big story in a Murdoch newspaper , its almost done , followed by mindless speculation . Caulkin says its a legit attempt though and George is more trustworthy than the rest of the hacks put together

Please explain why??

read the rest of the hacks :  )