Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Chronicle and Simon Bird peddling the "better the devil you know" line in regards to Ashley.  :rolleyes:

you're in an induced coma on life support for 12 years, given the choice would you

(a) take a new drug and come off the life support as will allow you to live, not gonna lie it'll be hard going and there will be some tough times but ultimately with some hard work and luck you'll be in a better place eventually

or

(b) stay in a coma on life support because being alive again might be shite

better the devil you know!

12 years of Ashley and his total fuck up of the club including two relegation's and the local press spouting 'better the devil you know'. Fucking idotic clueless cunts they must be on the payroll. Which cunt from the Chronicle said that?

This.

It’s unashamed, naked propaganda. Chronicle has been bought and paid for.

"They were probably more patient with Rafa than anybody else. I have to say Rafa's PR was brilliant because he managed the fans as well as the team.

"They just stayed in the Premier League and when I was at Newcastle and thinking what the fans would accept, just staying in the Premier League was an absolute no."

Those quotes are so all over the place you don't really know where to begin. :lol: His understanding of the situation is basically just nil.

Mind you, he's perhaps accidentally right about the fans. They're obviously extremely accepting these days. Arseholes.

"It was a bit more demanding. I was working behind the legends of Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan and that is a difficult thing to manage."

:lol: Like it has anything to do with that. We were getting twatted at Derby and at home to Portsmouth. Keegan's fault, though; the guy who'd left eleven years prior.

Home v Liverpool was the one which got to me the most. From memory, for the first 70 minutes we didn't have a single shot on or off target, or force a corner. I've never before or since seen a team set up to offer that little going forward.

That Portsmouth home game made me feel physically sick at the time. 3-0 down after 10 mins, with 3 goals conceded in 3 minutes  :tickedoff:

Aston Villa at home, 2nd game of the season if I remember right, was quite possibly the most excruciating 90 minutes of football I think I've ever seen.

That Portsmouth home game made me feel physically sick at the time. 3-0 down after 10 mins, with 3 goals conceded in 3 minutes  :tickedoff:

Complete shambles, even the Ronnie got in on the act. Sam would have taken us down, we’d fluked a load of points at the very start of the season. His team selection at times looked like it’d been put together by pulling numbers out of a hat.