Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Same mo as last time , big story in a Murdoch newspaper , its almost done , followed by mindless speculation . Caulkin says its a legit attempt though and George is more trustworthy than the rest of the hacks put together

Caulkin himself said after interviewing Staveley, that he believed she was for real, but he wasn't able to guarantee that at all: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/is-amanda-staveley-a-time-waster-i-dont-know-but-mike-ashley-is-wpqzwj8xk

IF she isn't genuine, then this 2 1/2 years starts to make more sense.

She's also got no real signs of having much of a legitimate business either FWIW: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-mike-ashley-unusual-case

It's a mystery, but there's literally no reliable proof she's genuine.

Guest The Little Waster

Same mo as last time , big story in a Murdoch newspaper , its almost done , followed by mindless speculation . Caulkin says its a legit attempt though and George is more trustworthy than the rest of the hacks put together

Caulkin himself said after interviewing Staveley, that he believed she was for real, but he wasn't able to guarantee that at all: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/is-amanda-staveley-a-time-waster-i-dont-know-but-mike-ashley-is-wpqzwj8xk

Indeed , in fact that possibility is about the only thing that does make sense

Please explain why??

read the rest of the hacks :  )

So he's more trustworthy because he hasn't said anything? Well, nothing since he said he wouldn't say anything because it would spoil it.

If you trust him then you shouldn't be alarmed when things take time. It obviously takes two fucking years to even get close, and hat's with the press respecting Ashley's wishes that it is kept secret.

She's also got no real signs of having much of a legitimate business either FWIW: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-mike-ashley-unusual-case

It's a mystery, but there's literally no reliable proof she's genuine.

Her business is mostly based in the UAE where they don’t need to public ally release accounts.

If she is a time waster then how come the Saudi’s or Reuben brothers haven’t just outed her? You could argue the Reuben’s could be involved with Ashley, but the Saudi’s? Nah.

How was she able to facilitate the sale of Man City?

How was she able to facilitate getting Barclays external credit from the Middle East?

All signs point to Ashley just taking the piss as usual. I'm sure there are offers being put to him but he just won't entertain them because he's the waster.

But Staveley has had 2 and a half fucking years to put offers to him. She's had a lovely sit down curry with him, she's been called a tmewaster. She must be the most gullible woman on the planet if she keeps repeating the same actions expecting a different outcome. I don't think she is that gullible personally.

I think he see's Newcastle as part of his empire and will never let us go, the day he sells Sports Direct is the day he will sell us.

All signs point to Ashley just taking the piss as usual. I'm sure there are offers being put to him but he just won't entertain them because he's the waster.

But Staveley has had 2 and a half fucking years to put offers to him. She's had a lovely sit down curry with him, she's been called a tmewaster. She must be the most gullible woman on the planet if she keeps repeating the same actions expecting a different outcome. I don't think she is that gullible personally.

I'd believe her side of the story over Ashley's, any day of the week. Who's to say the offers she talked about weren't genuine the first time? The ones that were talked about in that interview after talks ended.

For all we know they could have agreed to start new talks and then Ashley is moving the goal posts again, because it's what he does.

I'd believe her side of the story over Ashley's, any day of the week. Who's to say the offers she talked about weren't genuine the first time? The ones that were talked about in that interview after talks ended.

For all we know they could have agreed to start new talks and then Ashley is moving the goal posts again, because it's what he does.

What's an extra £10m here or there to a billionaire?

What's an extra £10m here or there to a billionaire?

In all seriousness when he says £10m he probably actually means £100m.

It's not believing Ashley's story as opposed to hers. It's the possibility that they're in cahoots with each other.

It's not believing Ashley's story as opposed to hers. It's the possibility that they're in cahoots with each other.

For what though? Publicity? Doesn't seem like there would be enough gain for her from a convoluted plan like that. That would be a waste of time.

Given everything we've heard/read over the years about the way Ashley operates, and treats his own employees, I'd be inclined to think it's simply him moving the goal posts and testing the waters to see what he can get away with until they get fed up and back out of any deal.

I feel sorry for the lads who thought this could happen in the first place. Honestly lads if yous fall for this s*** again in the summer you deserve the disappointment.

We've got a lot of scope for expansion mind you Decky.

The Chinese still haven't been used. Americans only referenced in passing so they could be resurrected. Venezuela have a lot of money and we could play the "didn't want to sell to Communists" angle.

The world is our oyster.

When the first of these takeover stories emerged years ago, I thought that maybe those who said the club need to be in the Premier League for Ashley to ever sell were right. You can call that naïve of me, I don't care really maybe I bought into the idea that Benitez being manager increased the chances of a takeover happening.

However after 5 takeover sagas and the dozens of other reportedly interested parties who all coincidently never have the money according to suspicious leaks the club hasn't come close to being sold. I can't buy into the theory that Premier League status is the only chance Ashley will sell, he is just not motivated enough to sell when the Premier League money is rolling in.

I'm prepared to roll the dice to see what happens if Newcastle stayed in the Championship for a prolonged period of time and see if it forces Ashley's hand. No guarantees of course, but its the nuclear option and the only option which hasn't been explored yet. Remember the club said it would have been a disaster finacially if Newcastle didn't get promoted the last time, lets see how this disaster scenario would unfold if it reaches that point in a few years time.

She had a relationship of sorts with Rafa Benitez - that's really the main thing for me that Staveley is/was genuine. I don't think she'd be in cahoots with Ashley and toy with Rafa if that were the case.

Other than publicity and not good publicity I just cant see what would be in it for her but that can be said of BZG too. Its strange that these people would allow themselves to be used and made to look stupid, even if it is just a front, by Ashley. Even if they were in on it getting slaughtered by cretins like Martin Samuel and talked about as incompetent by football fans generally and as scammers in cahoots with an percieved pig like Ashley. I can see that with Kenyon mind.

Say the takeover is ‘legit’. Which new owner is going to pay £350million for a club that’s on the verge of a relegation scrap?

Another ‘reason’ for Ashley to pull the plug again after another 4months of misleading supporters.

I believe he will only be forced to sell, with a relegation and a sustained spell in the Championship. He won’t be able to give away 10000 season tickets then!

I think we’d (well I’d) prefer to cling on to some hope and that this pain and misery just sort of resolves itself in one dramatic financial transaction that heralds a new day for the club. Except I’ve been wishing this for a significant chunk of my life now.

Without hope all that’s left is the reality that our already well fed parasite will continue to feed off the comatosed body that is our club for another decade or more.

Some of you might be young enough to wait this one out, others may never see another iteration of this team that you can be proud of. That’s the saddest part of it.

It’s ridiculous that we’ve allowed this to happen for so long, where is our backbone?

She had a relationship of sorts with Rafa Benitez - that's really the main thing for me that Staveley is/was genuine. I don't think she'd be in cahoots with Ashley and toy with Rafa if that were the case.

Other than publicity and not good publicity I just cant see what would be in it for her but that can be said of BZG too. Its strange that these people would allow themselves to be used and made to look stupid, even if it is just a front, by Ashley. Even if they were in on it getting slaughtered by cretins like Martin Samuel and talked about as incompetent by football fans generally and as scammers in cahoots with an percieved pig like Ashley. I can see that with Kenyon mind.

Do we know the origins of that relationship, though? Maybe she was tasked by Ashley to convince Rafa it was worth staying, because the club was about to be bought.

Guest godzilla

Do we know the origins of that relationship, though? Maybe she was tasked by Ashley to convince Rafa it was worth staying, because the club was about to be bought.

Think it was probably more likely from when she was involved in the group to buy Liverpool. Certainly wouldn’t be anything to do with Ashley I would have thought.

When the first of these takeover stories emerged years ago, I thought that maybe those who said the club need to be in the Premier League for Ashley to ever sell were right. You can call that naïve of me, I don't care really maybe I bought into the idea that Benitez being manager increased the chances of a takeover happening.

However after 5 takeover sagas and the dozens of other reportedly interested parties who all coincidently never have the money according to suspicious leaks the club hasn't come close to being sold. I can't buy into the theory that Premier League status is the only chance Ashley will sell, he is just not motivated enough to sell when the Premier League money is rolling in.

I'm prepared to roll the dice to see what happens if Newcastle stayed in the Championship for a prolonged period of time and see if it forces Ashley's hand. No guarantees of course, but its the nuclear option and the only option which hasn't been explored yet. Remember the club said it would have been a disaster finacially if Newcastle didn't get promoted the last time, lets see how this disaster scenario would unfold if it reaches that point in a few years time.

Good lad. I’m glad people are seeing the light now. :thup: