Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Can you imagine these celebrations?!

Caulkin did mention that if it happens, it won’t be announced during a lockdown.

It’s reasonable to see why. Too many people are already hosting house parties etc.

Caulkin did mention that if it happens, it won’t be announced during a lockdown.

It’s reasonable to see why. Too many people are already hosting house parties etc.

Did he, where did he say that at?

It was mentioned in his article last week.

It was mentioned in his article last week.

I read that, I can't remember that bit. I'm not saying he didn't say it, I just can't remember it.

With all due respect to you and George. The Saudis don't give a shit weather people are drinking on this announcement or not.

Actually drinking is haram and against their religion.

He said on the podcast there wouldn’t be an official hand over process because of lockdown. Nothing to do with announcing it or not

So what other investments do the Reuben brothers have in Newcastle? Just seen this is their latest a few months ago. Looks canny

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/listed-buildings-become-bars-restaurants-17703216.amp

Since 2007 the Reuben Brothers have owned all the buildings in a very large area of the City Centre. The area in question has (since the 2007 project started) become known as "EPS" (East Pilgrim Street) and when it is finished it will result in a new VERY high quality area of the City Centre, from Carliol House down to Swan House (55 Degrees North Flats) and as far East as the CME (Central Motorway East).

Within EPS most of the older pre-existing buildings of a decent quality will be retained, refurbished, extended (where necessary) and new uses will be found for them. In other cases (as shown in the above-linked newspaper article) a building can be demolished and replaced. Demolition has already happened in the case of the following buildings . . The Bank of England, Norham House, Watson House, and Odeon Cinema. No replacement buildings have yet been built, as the whole EPS development was slowed down by the economic crash of 2007, though some temporary buildings ("The Stack" containers) are on the Norham House/Watson House/Odeon corner site, for the next few years.

Planning has been approved for many parts of EPS, one being the area shown in the above-linked newspaper article, and (Coronavirus allowing!!) large amounts of construction are/were due to start soon this year.

We have been closely following the Reuben Brothers EPS development since 2008 (one year after it started) over on the "Newcastle Forum of SkyscraperCity", on (what is now) a VERY long thread, with 2,235 posts on it !!! Here is a LINK to the EPS Thread on there, you may be best to 'join' the site to see it at its best . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/eps-east-pilgrim-street-newcastle-various-u-c.530131/unread

Getting cold feet apparently :lol:

Seriously, stop it with these kinds of posts. You did the same in the Transfer Rumours thread as well. Post your source when saying things like that.

I didn’t have the link at hand and couldn’t remember who said. Calm down ffs there’s worse things going on than me not posting a source

Seriously, stop it with these kinds of posts. You did the same in the Transfer Rumours thread as well. Post your source when saying things like that.

I didn’t have the link at hand and couldn’t remember who said. Calm down ffs there’s worse things going on than me not posting a source

Kinda agree with Nobody here. Why post it at that time? Maybe post it when its fresh in your mind or later when you have a source? "There's worse things..." Is a bit of a silly response. Of course there is, there will always be "worse things" but try to understand that this is an emotive subject for many and posting something that many would be interested in with nothing behind it is going to get attention.

Much like having a conversation, you don't have to blurt out every thought or memory you have. Not attacking, we are all friends here, just perhaps putting things into context  O0

I vote we burn him.