Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He’s not unpredictable at all sadly, he’s only too predictable. We’ve all been here before, he milks it for all its worth, waits for the right moment then fucking scuttles the whole thing and blames someone else. Got no faith in him to just fucking sell us, that’s the issue. People genuinely want to buy but he only wants to sell if it appears that’s he’s “won” on the deal.

He’s not unpredictable at all sadly, he’s only too predictable. We’ve all been here before, he milks it for all its worth, waits for the right moment then fucking scuttles the whole thing and blames someone else. Got no faith in him to just fucking sell us, that’s the issue. People genuinely want to buy but he only wants to sell if it appears that’s he’s “won” on the deal.

Surely £340m is pretty close to him ‘winning’. Surely. Please.

If they’re as rich as they say they are they what’s another £20m?

This is it. Ahh you'll pay my asking price? Well actually I want x amount more.  You don't want to pay that? No bother I'll tell everyone you're time wasters and haven't got a pot to piss in.

Hopefully it was originally £320m and he’s already pulled that one. Just blind hope really.

Hopefully it was originally £320m and he’s already pulled that one. Just blind hope really.

The whole thing could be about 99.7% done and I’d still expect the manchild to find a way to pull out of the deal. It’s just how he is and he always will be, he’s absolute scum.

So I wonder what day this all comes crashing down and the fat twat announces he's committed to NUFC...

Guest The Little Waster

Supporters reacted yesterday to news of a possible deal.

Owen Shepherd, of Newcastle Fans TV, said: “When you look at the likes of Blackpool and Portsmouth there is always the possibility of someone coming in and being worse than Ashley. But it’s become heartbreaking. The club is in disarray and it’s all down to one man.

“When you see it’s the Crown Prince of Saudi the first thing you think of is the money and the potential it could bring.

“You don’t think about the human rights abuses but of course nobody wants to see that. It is a dark thing.

“We have so much potential at Newcastle though and I think it is a price worth paying. That money from Saudi Arabia could push us towards the Champions League and enable us to expand our stadium.

So yeah hes a bad man but who cares ? FFS

Just remember Edwards spent the summer basically laughing at the BZG link when we know for a fact it was a real thing as Ashley referenced it in his Martin Samuel PR stunt.

For all it has been "leaked" I'm not too sure it has been in the truest sense. This will have been talked about for months and it was only reported by WSJ yesterday when it became near completion (allegedly). As many have pointed out, WSJ wouldn't be publishing stuff as a favour to Ashley/Bishop or any of the other fun and games that go on. I think it's fair to assume the interest is legitimate, however that doesn't mean a deal will be done.

Also I understand the scepticism about this being news in January but realistically there are only two times to buy a club like ours - the summer and now. The summer is a relatively short period of time to get a deal through in time to then have a stab at building a squad (even changing manager too) so doing it now when we are looking like being safe makes sense for a buyer but also for Ashley. The value of the club should be fairly secure right now as we should stay up, any buyer can have everything in place well in time for the summer. We looked certainties for relegation in September/October sort of time and that has been the case for the past few years. So it really shouldn't be a surprise that these stories come out in January.

There have been rumblings, little snippets here and there, about potential deals for the club for a while now. Dickhead Keys, a couple of lines from Ornstein in The Athletic, that fella on ESPN I think it was - all saying a deal was being discussed. The NE press pack have always maintained people were in "the data room" or whatever you want to call it. The reality is none of them have a clue, they're all fishing about for 2nd hand information. A few of them yesterday came out with "well I'd heard some things..." but it's not like the Chronicle is short of column inches, there is some pure shite printed in there. It won't be one of that lot who break any news like this if and when it finally happens.

Fingers crossed this is the one, just don't get your hopes up when Ashley is involved.

How the fuck does Ashley saying something make it true?  :lol:

I don't even know where to start with the rest of that.

Reuben follows a fuck load of Tories too. Get in the fucking bin.

His father and uncle are one of the largest property owners in the world, he’s not going follow Labour is he?

Staveley is a paid up Tory member as well for what it’s worth.

Reuben follows a fuck load of Tories too. Get in the fucking bin.

His father and uncle are one of the largest property owners in the world, he’s not going follow Labour is he?

Staveley is a paid up Tory member as well for what it’s worth.

You not spoken to her yet?

Ashley will torpedo the ‘talks’ sometime this week, if not in early Feb. Which takes us past transfer deadline and possibly season ticket renewal time too.

We have been here before  - many times. He has no reason to sell. Nufc makes him too much money via exposure.

Just remember Edwards spent the summer basically laughing at the BZG link when we know for a fact it was a real thing as Ashley referenced it in his Martin Samuel PR stunt.

For all it has been "leaked" I'm not too sure it has been in the truest sense. This will have been talked about for months and it was only reported by WSJ yesterday when it became near completion (allegedly). As many have pointed out, WSJ wouldn't be publishing stuff as a favour to Ashley/Bishop or any of the other fun and games that go on. I think it's fair to assume the interest is legitimate, however that doesn't mean a deal will be done.

Also I understand the scepticism about this being news in January but realistically there are only two times to buy a club like ours - the summer and now. The summer is a relatively short period of time to get a deal through in time to then have a stab at building a squad (even changing manager too) so doing it now when we are looking like being safe makes sense for a buyer but also for Ashley. The value of the club should be fairly secure right now as we should stay up, any buyer can have everything in place well in time for the summer. We looked certainties for relegation in September/October sort of time and that has been the case for the past few years. So it really shouldn't be a surprise that these stories come out in January.

There have been rumblings, little snippets here and there, about potential deals for the club for a while now. Dickhead Keys, a couple of lines from Ornstein in The Athletic, that fella on ESPN I think it was - all saying a deal was being discussed. The NE press pack have always maintained people were in "the data room" or whatever you want to call it. The reality is none of them have a clue, they're all fishing about for 2nd hand information. A few of them yesterday came out with "well I'd heard some things..." but it's not like the Chronicle is short of column inches, there is some pure shite printed in there. It won't be one of that lot who break any news like this if and when it finally happens.

Fingers crossed this is the one, just don't get your hopes up when Ashley is involved.

How the fuck does Ashley saying something make it true?  :lol:

I don't even know where to start with the rest of that.

Think it was quite obviously true that there was interest like, much the same as I've got no doubt there's interest now, and most of the other times it comes out.  It just doesn't pan out how we want in the end, which is where this is going.

Interest... Offer.... Fucked off. Rinse and repeat.

Saudis’ £340m bid for Newcastle United in the balance

Mike Ashley will spend the next 48 hours deciding whether to accept a £340 million offer for Newcastle United after the details of discussions with Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund were leaked.

The British retail billionaire is understood to be angered by a report that appeared in The Wall Street Journal on Saturday, in which sources that claimed to have knowledge of the talks revealed that he had asked for two days to consider his options.

While some insiders insist a deal fronted by Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has control of a Public Investment Fund that boasts assets of about £300 billion, could go through this week, The Times understands that the Saudis are similarly unhappy that their business is now public knowledge when they had managed to conduct negotiations secretly for months. It has apparently led to a weekend of accusations about who went to the media.

Amanda Staveley, the British financier who brokered the Abu Dhabi takeover at Manchester City, is said to have been central to the discussions but her involvement could yet prove a further stumbling block given her history with Ashley. Previous negotiations between Ashley and Staveley about a possible takeover ended in acrimony, with the Newcastle owner complaining publicly that she had wasted his time.

That, however, owed much to the fact that Staveley’s backers lacked the necessary funds. On this occasion, though, money is not a concern: the Saudi royal family’s total wealth amounts to around £1 trillion.

Staveley and her PCP private equity firm are also looking to take a stake in the club, with Staveley hoping to take a seat on the board should the deal go through.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/saudis-340m-bid-for-newcastle-united-in-the-balance-9v8tb59m9