Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Is it possible to keep anything quiet nowadays? :lol:

Can someone please explain why MA throws such a strop when these leaks get out? Comes across like a little child :lol:

It's bullshit isn't it, he's probably happy as anything right now.

It's just like the line that keeps getting trotted out that "he wants to know new owners can take the club forward". His actions have clearly shown he would liquidate the club if it would make him a few quid. Anyone or anywhere that actually uses that line can be discounted from credibility surely.  :lol:

Theres been interest at some stage.

I don't for a second believe Kenyon and BZG with their love letters to Ashley.

Aye I know you're position :lol:

I believe there was genuine interest from the others, and I also believe this will go the same way.

We're destined to have this cunt in charge until he keels our.

why would the buyers leak a story after everything thats gone before?

Ashley sets the deals up and then gets his own team to leak them.

then cries like a bitch and calls the whole thing off.

just for giggles.

Just read the first few pages of this thread, forgot just how much the last fakeover looked like it was going through. Statements from the "buyers" being confirmed as real by the club and all. Nee wonder we fell for that one like.

Not sure if it's a good thing that there isn't anywhere near as much information about this one or not. Hate myself for even giving this a 5% chance of happening.

non refundable fee in the pre agreement

Ashley  :lol: :lol:

Give me a large fee in order to buy the right to discuss a sale.

This is what Ashley is using to hold up what has already allegedly been in the works for months.

Seems legit :thup:

If there is a takeover and a project ahead Rafa would be the perfect fit. He knows the area, he likes it here, he knows the fans, he knows what infrastructure is needed and I’m pretty sure he’d find a way to win something. FFP will play a role, we’d not be able to go out and splash endless cash on players who may not fancy it here in the first place.

None of this will happen of course but, I’d take Rafa as the man to start the transformation.

He’d have to hit the ground running to appease the ‘better than this time last season’ and ‘boring football’ brigade though.

Unless our form under Bruce take a dive from now until the end of the season, which let's face it, could easily happen.

It's the hope that kills you, your gut says no but you're so desperate to get rid of Ashley that the hope takes over. I'm trying to keep a distance from this one because that inevitable fall out is a bitch.

If it is all another ruse by the club then it's a stupid one, Ashley has never had it so easy, even managed to attend a game without a word of anger in his direction, this will only rile up supporters that were sated.

Just look at the timing of it all. It seemed almost certain to happen last time then complete silence and nothing materialised. Then suddenly during the transfer window and ST renewal etc, it is at an 'advanced' stage. It makes no sense, for the many months of nothing between the two rumours. I am calling bullshit, though I wish I wasnt.

Just look at the timing of it all. It seemed almost certain to happen last time then complete silence and nothing materialised. Then suddenly during the transfer window and ST renewal etc, it is at an 'advanced' stage. I am calling bullshit, though I wish I wasnt.

maybe but the fact it came out after two transfers in (albeit loans) so the usual logic of "fakeover" doesn't really apply (though personally I always found that line of thinking stupid)