Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest The Little Waster

That, the trips to France the other week and the sudden silence do make me think the two sides are talking.

As always, though, it's down to Ashley's demands. He'll want cash and more - to keep the advertising? Retail operations? Is he looking to get SD/Frasers into Saudi as part of any deal?

Sports Direct into Saudi ?? Are you high ?

It's already over. :lol: There may be willing buyers but the prick doesn't want to sell.

I keep changing my mind about this. I think he does. However he'll want the most ridiculous deal which benefits him. Something like £500m all up front, complete control over retail operations and SD advertising to remain in place.

Someone else would technically own the club, who could be the focal point of fans' anger, while he just sits back quietly making money with the heat off.

No-one on earth will agree to that.

I also wonder if this soon to be pandemic from China is forcing a slow down to the frequency of negotiations. It’s widely expected to create a very sudden downturn in several economies due to manufacturing and trade essentially being stopped indefinitely.

If I was buying something from someone whose business relies on their clothing being made in China, I’d just wait a little while and see if they get a bit desperate.

Guest godzilla

It's already over. :lol: There may be willing buyers but the prick doesn't want to sell.

I keep changing my mind about this. I think he does. However he'll want the most ridiculous deal which benefits him. Something like £500m all up front, complete control over retail operations and SD advertising to remain in place.

Someone else would technically own the club, who could be the focal point of fans' anger, while he just sits back quietly making money with the heat off.

No-one on earth will agree to that.

If that was the case the talks would have been over before they started.

That, the trips to France the other week and the sudden silence do make me think the two sides are talking.

As always, though, it's down to Ashley's demands. He'll want cash and more - to keep the advertising? Retail operations? Is he looking to get SD/Frasers into Saudi as part of any deal?

Slazenger robes and headdresses.

Ashley will always push it too far.

If the Saudis meet his asking price, he'll think he undervalued the club and will therefore move the goalposts. Eventually they'll walk away and he'll make some public interview saying they wasted his time.

Can't wait for this shit to be over, either way really. Definitely not expecting anything positive from this anyway.

Shit owner, shit manager. It is what it is.

It’s never over. 4 months down the line another story will be leaked and around we go again.

I also wonder if this soon to be pandemic from China is forcing a slow down to the frequency of negotiations. It’s widely expected to create a very sudden downturn in several economies due to manufacturing and trade essentially being stopped indefinitely.

If I was buying something from someone whose business relies on their clothing being made in China, I’d just wait a little while and see if they get a bit desperate.

The fuck are you talking about? :lol:

I think the 10k drop off in gates made him s*** himself more than any protests ever did and he cannot keep giving away free season tickets. Relegation would be a disaster for his club in terms of attendances and remaining outside of the Premier League for any sustained period would be even worse for him on that front and more so financially. He’ll sell if he gets what he wants in terms of price, how he’ll be paid and what clauses of his any buyer accepts. Of course even then, he could just think, f*** it, I’m changing my mind again, again. See yous in January 2021!?

He can easily keep giving away 10k season tickets like

Blaming the Coronavirus on the Takeover talks not progressing :lol: :lol:

The f*** are you talking about? :lol:

Read the fucking news. It’s all over the business reports and general consensus is it will be terrible for several economies. It’s definitely a reason why talks would stall a bit.

Read the f***ing news. It’s all over the business reports and general consensus is it will be terrible for several economies. It’s definitely a reason why talks would stall a bit.

There’s reaching and there’s this. Unless Ashley, Staveley or the crown prince himself have got bat lurgy there’s absolutely no reason why coronavirus is a factor.

Read the f***ing news. It’s all over the business reports and general consensus is it will be terrible for several economies. It’s definitely a reason why talks would stall a bit.

There’s reaching and there’s this. Unless Ashley, Staveley or the crown prince himself have got bat lurgy there’s absolutely no reason why coronavirus is a factor.

Well hypothetically, if Ashley is being true to himself and putting stipulations into the deal, he may not be in as strong a financial position to be doing this over the next few months if as has been reported, his suppliers are on hiatus.

The key to him leaving has always been Sports Direct doing badly.

:lol:

When you see who posted it it starts to make a bit of sense. Fucking hell man.

Guest Howaythetoon

The one strand of comfort in all of this is the recent sale of the land next to SJP which in terms of his actual ownership of NUFC, is or was the bigger long-term solid tangible asset worth holding on to the most. To the business operations of the club, as a single owned asset/piece of land of his independent of the club to keep if selling the club or sell with the club or to develop on his own for other business purposes.

By all accounts he sold it quite cheaply and was happy to use it as a way in which his son-in-law could set himself up in business or earn some stripes in the business world from.

Trying to second guess or make logic of Ashley’s decisions and dealings is pointless and even more so when for me anyway, here is a man who I not only consider to be a shit businessman, but also a very stupid and dumb person intellectually, academically and socially.

But when it comes to land and owning land, even someone as dumb as him especially with all those added advisers and so-called no doubt self claimed experts paid to steer him away from all-out stupidity, you don’t just give stuff away like he seemingly has with that land. Season tickets aye, but prime land he owns lock stock, forever.

Doing so may add to how dumb and stupid he really is because, well he’s that dumb and stupid, but it may also be one last parting shot of spite of his giving the club, fans and even would-be new owners the middle finger, one last show of its my ball and yous can’t play so nerrr.

Or not.

An intelligent businessman does not sell that land, mind an intelligent businessman would have NUFC where Spurs are or thereabouts, a club whose commercial revenue and prospective future potential on and off the field NUFC were way ahead of when Ashley bought the club.

Any sale will come about as the result of nothing more than the whim or roll of a dice of an idiot billionaire spoilt man child.

That’s what we’ve had to put up with for 12 years, pity those negotiating with him to buy him out.

I feel more pity, however, for all those even more dumber and stupid than Ashley, imagine being that person who paid him to buy a season ticket he would have paid for that person to have himself anyway if they showed a bit more patience and waited a bit more longer like 10,000 others did.

These dumb cunts will be first in line to pay him again next season guaranteed.