Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

What are we discussing with regard to the takeover? What genuine news have we heard recently? The constant bumping just gives the impression that something is actually happening whereas most of the stuff in here actually belongs in this thread:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=76584.0

Fair point. 

I just see this thread as a bit of a joke.  We all know that the probability of it happening is tiny, even if it does the buyer will probably not be rich and Ashley will keep his claws in the club.  But one day it will happen and there will be a post in here and a few gifs.  Until then the twitter plane watching is all we’ve got. 

If you don’t want to post in this thread. If you get a kick in the pants every time it’s bumped and it upsets you - then don’t enter this thread. Fucking babies on here. You control what you click on and read ffs.

Must admit I don’t see why it should stay locked, if people want to discuss it then they should be allowed imo, that’s the very nature of a forum. Personally I think it’s basically done now and the chances of it happening are negligible but you never know. Easy enough to ignore if anyone feels that strongly about it.

Gets to the stage where even if a takeover happened I'm not sure I'd want to go back. Our fan base is now riddled with sheep who have either forgotten life pre-Ashley or were not around in the first place. I dont think I will ever forgive the fans who turn up ever week, apathetic to Ashley and his standards. The same people who boo the players at the first chance of asking and dont make a peep at any other time. I suspect most of the newcastle fans I used to know left long ago, probably after our first relegation season. We wont get them back now and I just don't feel part of this new generation.

I'll be back like a shot if it ever happens like, and I'll love it.

Although listening to the enablers banging on about how loyal they are and how they stuck with the club through the bad times will probably have me up on a murder charge.

Although listening to the enablers banging on about how loyal they are and how they stuck with the club through the bad times will probably have me up on a murder charge.

This is why I'm torn when it comes to us ever being decent again. I have a passionate hatred for these types.

My enjoyment of football has regressed to the point of disinterest over the past 10 years and I lay the reason for that solely at the door of Ashley. From being very aware of many players from all of our domestic leagues and around the world, enjoying catching whatever match was on TV and even getting engrossed in Football Manager every year, I now cannot even watch a match without an empty, soulless feeling. Again, all down to Ashley and his tepid servants pardew, carver, macclaren, kinnear, llambias, wise, bishop, charnley and now bruce.

I felt a rekindling of excitement around Rafa and that first takeover really got my hopes up. And that's what this is about. Hope. It should be a pleasant thing, but it's being used as a measure of control over the white-feathers who still attend, praising bruce and ashley like good little sycophants. Hope keeps them in line. If llambias did follow through with his "you don't know how nasty we can get" we might have seen more of a backlash against them. Throw them a player every now and then and the masses are less unhappy to the point they think that is happiness. It's not just in Newcastle though, the entire world seems to be Eternians voting for Skeletor to rule them.

But you all know all this. I don't know if i'll ever have that same feeling of enjoyment around football when ashley leaves but it's an experiment I'd like to try.

Hopefully the journalist that said it could complete on the Tuesday following the news breaking, and Jim White who said it could complete within 72 hours, will be able to update us on what's actually happening.

My enjoyment of football has regressed to the point of disinterest over the past 10 years and I lay the reason for that solely at the door of Ashley. From being very aware of many players from all of our domestic leagues and around the world, enjoying catching whatever match was on TV and even getting engrossed in Football Manager every year, I now cannot even watch a match without an empty, soulless feeling. Again, all down to Ashley and his tepid servants pardew, carver, macclaren, kinnear, llambias, wise, bishop, charnley and now bruce.

I felt a rekindling of excitement around Rafa and that first takeover really got my hopes up. And that's what this is about. Hope. It should be a pleasant thing, but it's being used as a measure of control over the white-feathers who still attend, praising bruce and ashley like good little sycophants. Hope keeps them in line. If llambias did follow through with his "you don't know how nasty we can get" we might have seen more of a backlash against them. Throw them a player every now and then and the masses are less unhappy to the point they think that is happiness. It's not just in Newcastle though, the entire world seems to be Eternians voting for Skeletor to rule them.

But you all know all this. I don't know if i'll ever have that same feeling of enjoyment around football when ashley leaves but it's an experiment I'd like to try.

I'm exactly the same, well put. I can't even enter fantasy leagues now, and office football chat for me now consists of "Liverpool looking good". Used to spend hours chatting about football, reading about it, playing FM, Fifa, watching videos of it. Just lost interest now. Think most NO posters must feel the same though as so many have vanished from here.

Guest neesy111

Yeap, excellent post btw.

Perfectly put, I just hope that love isn't lost forever

I still really like football but I dunno if that’s just because it’s an escape from my depressed mindset. But I still really like talking about it and watching matches I don’t think that will ever change for me

I love individual matches (not Newcastle), it's a great sport and the stuff the players can do is great to watch. I do find the made-up narrative a bit tiresome though, I wish it was more about tactics and less about the soap opera.

I think people have forgotten what this club can feel like when it's good. When Keegan came back second time round, there were even teenage girls were talking about it, even if it was just a side issue to Back Street Boys or whoever else was the latest pin up band at the time. Ashley has turned the city into the walking dead, we've forgotten the buzz we used to get from having a team we could be proud of.

Good post and sums up my feelings also. After nearly 70 years of watching MY CLUB who were a real part of my life my interest is gone.  I have even lost interest in the other games which is strange.

Thanks Mike, who is now being ably assisted by  Bruce

I think people have forgotten what this club can feel like when it's good. When Keegan came back second time round, there were even teenage girls were talking about it, even if it was just a side issue to Back Street Boys or whoever else was the latest pin up band at the time. Ashley has turned the city into the walking dead, we've forgotten the buzz we used to get from having a team we could be proud of.

which is why it makes 0 sense to me that the local public have allowed MA to walk all over the city, their pride, the stadium etc.

further adding to that - local government...and finally like I have said in the past - you don't allow this to fly in many US sports - the league will kick your ass out of being an owner if you fuck around.

Good post and sums up my feelings also. After nearly 70 years of watching MY CLUB who were a real part of my life my interest is gone.  I have even lost interest in the other games which is strange.

Thanks Mike, who is now being ably assisted by  Bruce

That post is bang on.  That's exactly how I feel.  How come the local and national press haven't jumped on this?  Why does Ashley have it easy?  It totally baffles me that people/fans are literally kowtowing to this awful man/bully.  Stand up to him for goodness sake!

Spot on.

I also used to follow multiple leagues myself and be relatively up to date on everything. Over the last 10 years though my interest has declined to the point where it's even a struggle to keep up with, or even care about what our own club are doing. It's turned into a broken record.

I've been on here long enough to remember what it was like during Freddie Shepherd's time in charge, but for as bad as those latter years of his reign were, at the very least there was still a hint of optimism, hope and not knowing what the following season would bring. Every time a new season rolled around, to me anyway, it always felt like a fresh start and a chance to try and get back up into the top 6 or 7 with a good cup run. Now however, we know as soon as one season ends we're going to be spending the next one, and the next one cemented in the bottom half and should be thanking which ever behind the times manager the regime chooses, just for being able to keep us above water. Steve Bruce is doing a great job, don't you know!

The hope we used to have for the club trying to be the best it could be is now solely geared towards getting a new owner on board who has the right intentions. I suppose the silver lining is at least those of us over 30 are able to remember what the club once was. When Souness got the boot it felt like a dark cloud over the club was finally gone. I can't even begin to imagine what the place will be like when Ashley finally leaves.

Guest The Little Waster

Spot on.

I also used to follow multiple leagues myself and be relatively up to date on everything. Over the last 10 years though my interest has declined to the point where it's even a struggle to keep up with, or even care about what our own club are doing. It's turned into a broken record.

I've been on here long enough to remember what it was like during Freddie Shepherd's time in charge, but for as bad as those latter years of his reign were, at the very least there was still a hint of optimism, hope and not knowing what the following season would bring. Every time a new season rolled around, to me anyway, it always felt like a fresh start and a chance to try and get back up into the top 6 or 7 with a good cup run. Now however, we know as soon as one season ends we're going to be spending the next one, and the next one cemented in the bottom half and should be thanking which ever behind the times manager the regime chooses, just for being able to keep us above water. Steve Bruce is doing a great job, don't you know!

The hope we used to have for the club trying to be the best it could be is now solely geared towards getting a new owner on board who has the right intentions. I suppose the silver lining is at least those of us over 30 are able to remember what the club once was. When Souness got the boot it felt like a dark cloud over the club was finally gone. I can't even begin to imagine what the place will be like when Ashley finally leaves.

Im old now ( 57 ) so i can recall from way back in the early 70s . The unpalatable truth is that the Keegan / Robson years were merely a blip in a vast landscape of ambitionless nothing . I can remember Pop Robson ripping into the board for lack of ambition when he left the club for pastures new . The Keegan years especially were a wild ride but i think we all mistook a break in the clouds for everlasting sunshine . The one factor which both kept ambitionless owners  / boards in place and made the Keegan years possible was the fans . The fans who by turning up and legitimising such low horizons kept the crap regimes in place and who by staying away helped the Hall / Keegan renaissance into place . The central lesson ive learned over the years with this club is that WE and only WE the fans have the power to remove corrupt owners . All we have to do is realise that power ...