Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If the choice was between Saudi Arabia buying the club, Red Bull buying the club or Ashley remaining as owner what would peoples preference be?

My choice would be for Ashley to be tied down whilst Bamboo slowly grows through him.

Colossal prick, but yet he still gets asked every time to commentate on the situation at our club.

He is a pretentious twat but he does talk a lot of sense when I hear him on the radio until he gets to talking about us when he morphs into a pound shop Richard Keys.  Really hates us for some weird reason.

He talks absolute shit.  Thinks he has an informed opinion on literally everything but is actually an expert in nothing.  He also uses ridiculous words to get the most basic point across.  He is absolute ear aids and that’s before you even take into account he’s a professional WUM.  I turn over as soon as i hear him.

Colossal prick, but yet he still gets asked every time to commentate on the situation at our club.

Thanks to his mate Big Mike, he is now probably telling the truth. We aren't a big club any more, these days clubs like Leicester operate more like one.

Same bloke who says Leeds and Notts Forest are massive clubs, which in fairness they are in my opinion. However if they're massive clubs then how are Newcastle not? The bloke needs to sort out his criteria for what a big club is.

Do we really need 3 pages on the opinion of Simon Jordan. Who cares what he thinks?

He's on Talksport again this morning.

Talking about the Premier League and the too many games argument. Is against reducing the premier league to 18 teams as it has a negative impact on the Championship by adding games but is happy for Rangers and Celtic to come down in the Championship - adding more games.

Would love to say his mouth works faster than his brain, but thats giving him too much credit

He talks absolute s***.  Thinks he has an informed opinion on literally everything but is actually an expert in nothing.  He also uses ridiculous words to get the most basic point across.  He is absolute ear aids and that’s before you even take into account he’s a professional WUM.  I turn over as soon as i hear him.

Exactly this. Uses a veneer of decent vocabulary to cover the fact he has no idea what he’s talking about. He uses the word pontificate at least 7 times a day, it’s infuriating 

Sums up the state of our media that he is employed to give critique on running a football club.

It’s the way the world works unfortunately, as long as you sound confident you appear to be able to get on in life and get people to listen to you. What you actually say is secondary.

See also the likes of Pardew, Alan and Jenas, Jermaine. And all politicians.

To be fair to Simon Jordan he's always said we're a big club. A big club in Newcastle that is.

It's a weird dig though because you could say the same about every club outside of 5 or 6.

Wasn't he just getting back at a Newcastle fan who was saying that he looked like the old guy in line of duty?

Should have just kept this locked tbh.

Why?

I never get why people want to lock threads because they don’t want to discuss anything.

Don’t want to talk about the takeover or get your hopes up, don’t come into the thread.

Should have just kept this locked tbh.

Why?

I never get why people want to lock threads because they don’t want to discuss anything.

Don’t want to talk about the takeover or get your hopes up, don’t come into the thread.

Im guessing it’s the same kids that took their ball home when they went in a strop.