Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

there's just the one bid been accepted and its in the hands of the premier league.

the mexicans have been told no.

What do you make of the Chronicle claiming it was confirmed at the AGM that no fit and proper persons test is happening yet?

all i know is that the family link and the source of the finances are being investigated.

i dont know what formal process that is.

Guest godzilla

Still find it odd that the national tabloids have stopped reporting on this - they at least have the resources to find out more . Only the Chronic is still bothering with the story ... its almost as if the whole thing is bullshit and the tabloids decided not to bother

Or, if you look at Caulkins tweets, they know next to nothing and have been hammered because of their bullshit. They’ve no decided t stay quiet.

No comment from the club is the most significant thing

It's really not significant at all.

Previous "takeovers" went on for months before Ashley came out to call them time wasters etc.

While this one goes on Rafas contract is running down and we are completely failing to prepare for the coming season.

Caulkin is sceptical, as we all should be.

We're a shambles again but everyones too giddy about the thought of new ownership to care.

Actually wasn’t it Ashley that started the kenyon one when he went on sky and said they were as far as it’s been.

Point being he didn't rubbish it straight away. He lets them run their course for a while.

The sky news takeover interview came out the blue apart from one sky news story in September. Ashley didn’t rubbish it. He said it was happening

Said it was happening = he lied as usual. And whether he stays silent or fans the takeover flames is irrelevant, my point was that he doesn't rubbish the rumours straight away. And you say you can't deal with stupid :lol:

Theres no conspiracy either. Either he wants to sell, in which case he'll do a deal. Or he doesn't really want to sell, in which case he won't sell (like previously).

So the fact the club have said nothing yet = takeover's as good as done? :lol:

He didn’t sell because he didn’t get the fee he was looking for. He wanted 350 and neither Staveley or Kenyon matched it but you keep up with your conspiracy theory ?

Guest The Little Waster

Still find it odd that the national tabloids have stopped reporting on this - they at least have the resources to find out more . Only the Chronic is still bothering with the story ... its almost as if the whole thing is bullshit and the tabloids decided not to bother

Not that odd. Perhaps the people involved are just good at their jobs which means not telling all to some scrote from the Sun for  500 quid and a curry night out.

Remind me on which tabloid was the source for all this ?

Not sure he is ready just yet to give up the 90 mill per season fiddle that bought Debenhams just yet.

The web he weaves man ....hark back to the Rangers podcast and their unmasking of what he was up to inside just a few months ...we have 12 years of tangled webbery which probably means he has guaranteed deals stitched up left right and centre that will eventually piss any and every negotiator off.

As someone who watched us win the Fairs Cup in 69 and the Texaco Cup and Anglo-Italian Cup I still feel a bit like a glory-seeker...was hoping it might change :)

Not that odd. Perhaps the people involved are just good at their jobs which means not telling all to some scrote from the Sun for  500 quid and a curry night out.

Remind me on which tabloid was the source for all this ?

That's why I used them. For all they broke it if people are professional they can stop anything else getting out.

Not sure he is ready just yet to give up the 90 mill per season fiddle that bought Debenhams just yet.

The web he weaves man ....hark back to the Rangers podcast and their unmasking of what he was up to inside just a few months ...we have 12 years of tangled webbery which probably means he has guaranteed deals stitched up left right and centre that will eventually piss any and every negotiator off.

As someone who watched us win the Fairs Cup in 69 and the Texaco Cup and Anglo-Italian Cup I still feel a bit like a glory-seeker...was hoping it might change :)

I always thought that's what put buyers off. The price wasnt bad but the deals he'll have woven in make it a no goer for most.

With each day that goes by, less time to complete our squad. Big job that needs to be done. And I’m far from confident that Rafa will stay, regardless of ownership. Concerned.

If we have money we can complete our squad in one week. We also need to replace the MD in the same time.

Imagine Ashley pissed off both the Arabs AND the Mexicans. He’d either be stoned to death or found hanging from a bridge naked.

Both work for me.

Sad truth is that it would have no consequence for him at all. New manager in without time to get new players in. "Support the team not the regime" and full st.james' for the first home game.

There’s a reasonable chance he is ready to give it up if you look at his other transactions. Seems like he needs the capital

Imagine Ashley pissed off both the Arabs AND the Mexicans. He’d either be stoned to death or found hanging from a bridge naked.

Both work for me.

Stoning's preferable, this thread's seen enough horrific images without Mike in all his glory.

Guest neesy111

I always thought that's what put buyers off. The price wasnt bad but the deals he'll have woven in make it a no goer for most.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

I personally think no many know what is going on apart from Ashley, Barnes etc and those making the bid.

The way things have gone completely quiet on the Rafa front is utterly predictable though.  Only 9 weeks till the season starts.