Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Totalsport complaining that if this goes through we will be another Man City, and not the community club we are now!!!

Have they seen what Man City have done? Its the one thing I would be most excited about, never mind big name signings, but investment into the whole club, a proper academy etc

It's down to Rafa and Rafa alone that we have any connection to the community at all. Ashley has done nothing but damage the relationship between the club and the local area since he's been here.

Totalsport complaining that if this goes through we will be another Man City, and not the community club we are now!!!

Have they seen what Man City have done? Its the one thing I would be most excited about, never mind big name signings, but investment into the whole club, a proper academy etc

It's down to Rafa and Rafa alone that we have any connection to the community at all. Ashley has done nothing but damage the relationship between the club and the local area since he's been here.

I imagine you could write what TalkSport know about NUFC's culture on the back of a stamp.

Mike[/member] :smug:

thomas[/member]

giphy.gif

I'm allowing myself to feel, although I won't believe it until I see Ashley's jeans puff up and he flies off like Mary Poppins.

Fuck that, This league went global years ago. its the way it is, I dont mind who owns us if we match ambition to potential.

Pure jealousy and regional hatred.

I hope it does work out but remember what others have said, was asked to pay Liverpool a £25m deposit then couldn’t find the money

I think the problem was that he couldn't raise the £2billion, and therefore didn't want to squander his deposit.

I'm no businessman, but I'm sure that raising £350m is a different challenge from raising £2bn, which is far more than anyone has paid for an English club before. It seems he was hoping to push it through with the help of Chinese investors, but that doesn't sound like an arrangement that would stand the test.

Mike[/member] :smug:

thomas[/member]

giphy.gif

I'm allowing myself to feel, although I won't believe it until I see Ashley's jeans puff up and he flies off like Mary Poppins.

How have you coped these years, being both a Bills and a NUFC fan? :lol: