464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

There are 3 facts:

1. BZG's first statement

2. BZG's second statement

3. The set up of Monochrome Acquisition Ltd

If the whole thing is fake, then please explain to me with arguments that make senses:

1 and 2. For what all the statements for? What BZG gain from all this?

3. For what purpose BZG set up the company? With all the rumour of acquisition, the name (Monochrome Acquisition), etc what other possible purpose other than that?

Ashley is abley supported by some sections of the media (notably Sky and possibly Murdoch's gutter rag) He uses our hope against us - in that we hope things will get better some time. As it is, if this takeover falls through and Rafa leaves - the only way Ashley sells up will be a mackem style plummet down the leagues, with NUFC then beginning to cost him money. The next two weeks are indeed crucial to the club's future. :(

I'd take us being relegated 2 divisions tomorrow if it 100% meant him going the same day

It's not fake ffs, can we get off this discussion point. Question is is Ashley using this somehow with ulterior motives in mind.

Also a slight question as to whether this group are totally legit and professional imo. Nothing to say they're not, but, you just don't know until all the ownership details are out.

It's not fake ffs, can we get off this discussion point. Question is is Ashley using this somehow with ulterior motives in mind.

Yeah, I don't think it is fake either. Whether it will go through or not, that's another question.

Also a slight question as to whether this group are totally legit and professional imo. Nothing to say they're not, but, you just don't know until all the ownership details are out.

Legit? Maybe. Professional? Doubtfully.

I'm still going to believe based on what we know as opposed to what we don't know that BZG are genuine, it's all done and dusted, and the hold up is with the PL who are taking their time. I don't believe this bid is fake for a number of reasons (they appear to have alot of money with the Asian deals signed, the reports of NUFC confirming the first BZG statement about a fee being agreed, the lack of denial from NUFC, the silence from Rafa, Monochrome Acquisitions, etc), but one reason worth reiterating is that this is the same lot that offered £2bn for Liverpool. If that bid was fake and BZG did it for publicity, whatever benefit there was in pretending to be buying a PL club has already been received. A further fake bid for NUFC adds absolutely nothing, there's zero benefit to pulling the same stunt with a lower profile club, in fact it's the complete opposite as the only thing that can come out of a second fake bid is BZG having a reputation of being chancers and charlatans. The most logical conclusion is that after failing to agree a bloated price for Liverpool they're settling for a club that has good potential and will cost closer to a tenth of what Liverpool would cost.

My guess for the reason as to why the holdup is with the PL is because the PL need to really do their homework on this bid, something that will take time. They're in an unprecedented position of having to look into how close Sheikh Khaled is to the Man City owner, as well as whoever else is providing funds for the purchase. Have we ever had a single "family" owning two PL or top tier clubs in the history of the UK football? Probably not, don't think there's many families big or rich enough to have multiple individuals owning multiple football clubs in the same country. Must be an insanely rare occurrence. So whilst the "fit and proper" test isn't designed to stop greedy and unscrupulous businessmen taking control of clubs in order to bleed them dry (presumably the PL's attitude is you'd have to be daft to do this since the club will plummet and the investor will make a loss), this takeover bid from BZG is a pretty big decision for the integrity of the PL - if they get it wrong within a decade we could end up with half a dozen PL clubs being owned by Middle Eastern sheikhs and princes related to each other. Or to be more cynical multiple PL clubs essentially owned by a foreign state with the sheikhs/princes/etc merely being a front, as is suspected to be the case with Man City's owner. Sucks for us, but has to be worth looking into and getting the right assurances.

I'm still going to believe based on what we know as opposed to what we don't know that BZG are genuine, it's all done and dusted, and the hold up is with the PL who are taking their time. ...

Problem with that theory is pretty much every journalist is saying that these tests are not taking place yet.  The documentation submitted to the premier league is not the one that triggers them.  They could all be wrong of course but that seems unlikely to me. 

Edit... I do agree that bzg are probably genuine mind.  I just don’t think they’re at that point yet.  I think they’re probably still negotiating the details with Ashley. 

That screenshot looks almost plausible. Hes not doing anything other than saying that he cant say anything, which is a positive thing in my mind.

I'd be much more concerned if it was someone giving loads of details and soundbites.

That's of course if it's real but it's hardly "explosive" enough to be made up. I'd like to see Odin's, to compare.

"the next two weeks"...that's the key phrase that says to me it's not happening. My optimism has now drained. If it's dragging on that long I think it's just a smokescreen to cover FCB's nonsense.

That's the worry - that we have been played yet again by Ashley.

I just don't get how this isn't everyones default position until he proves us wrong. I've been banging this drum for ages but why anyone would give him any benefit of doubt is completely beyond me. Our fans have been fooled so easily time and time again it's unreal by now.

Well it is really isn't it? Most sensible people believe the bid is genuine, that they are trying to buy him out, whilst also believing that Mike will basically veto it.

What most sensible people don't believe, is that it's some big conspiracy and that BZG is Keith Bishop in disguise.

As someone said above (and mentioned loads previously) there are only a couple of concrete facts still, ignore what the journos say as they have proven to be clueless on the matter.

Having said all that, the WhatsApp shit is a joke and made me more pessimistic :lol:

There are 3 facts:

1. BZG's first statement

If the whole thing is fake, then please explain to me with arguments that make senses:

3. For what purpose BZG set up the company? With all the rumour of acquisition, the name (Monochrome Acquisition), etc what other possible purpose other than that?

pretty much, had the club released some generic statement about being in discussions and not being able to comment about ongoing business or summit then we'd all be much more chilled i reckon

There are 3 facts:

1. BZG's first statement

I think the attempt to buy is real, however, I think it's worth baring in mind that the money that's being spent to get this far is a drop in the ocean for these guys so not necessarily as significant for them, as it might be for some like us.

Wtf is going on??? On Iceland, drunk as feck on a horse field with shit and cool hair styled stallions. This thread is shit. Good night! Cabernet shall we go on.

I’ll have what he’s having

http://i67.tinypic.com/fnr78x.jpg that's the conversation I had hope that helps

Reads like asking a lass out that isn't interested but she won't come out and say it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/fnr78x.jpg that's the conversation I had hope that helps

Reads like asking a lass out that isn't interested but she won't come out and say it.

FFS, that comparison is so true. How depressing.  :lol:

I'm still going to believe based on what we know as opposed to what we don't know that BZG are genuine, it's all done and dusted, and the hold up is with the PL who are taking their time. I don't believe this bid is fake for a number of reasons (they appear to have alot of money with the Asian deals signed, the reports of NUFC confirming the first BZG statement about a fee being agreed, the lack of denial from NUFC, the silence from Rafa, Monochrome Acquisitions, etc), but one reason worth reiterating is that this is the same lot that offered £2bn for Liverpool. If that bid was fake and BZG did it for publicity, whatever benefit there was in pretending to be buying a PL club has already been received. A further fake bid for NUFC adds absolutely nothing, there's zero benefit to pulling the same stunt with a lower profile club, in fact it's the complete opposite as the only thing that can come out of a second fake bid is BZG having a reputation of being chancers and charlatans. The most logical conclusion is that after failing to agree a bloated price for Liverpool they're settling for a club that has good potential and will cost closer to a tenth of what Liverpool would cost.

My guess for the reason as to why the holdup is with the PL is because the PL need to really do their homework on this bid, something that will take time. They're in an unprecedented position of having to look into how close Sheikh Khaled is to the Man City owner, as well as whoever else is providing funds for the purchase. Have we ever had a single "family" owning two PL or top tier clubs in the history of the UK football? Probably not, don't think there's many families big or rich enough to have multiple individuals owning multiple football clubs in the same country. Must be an insanely rare occurrence. So whilst the "fit and proper" test isn't designed to stop greedy and unscrupulous businessmen taking control of clubs in order to bleed them dry (presumably the PL's attitude is you'd have to be daft to do this since the club will plummet and the investor will make a loss), this takeover bid from BZG is a pretty big decision for the integrity of the PL - if they get it wrong within a decade we could end up with half a dozen PL clubs being owned by Middle Eastern sheikhs and princes related to each other. Or to be more cynical multiple PL clubs essentially owned by a foreign state with the sheikhs/princes/etc merely being a front, as is suspected to be the case with Man City's owner. Sucks for us, but has to be worth looking into and getting the right assurances.

:thup:

Some excellent points. Fingers crossed.

Any reason why people keep posting this guy’s tweets?  He was making out he knew loads about the Staveley takeover aswell, proper lapping the attention up.

Something like, “WOW i’m blown away by what i’ve just heard!” or some shite like that.  :hmm:

Any reason why people keep posting this guy’s tweets?  He was making out he knew loads about the Staveley takeover aswell, proper lapping the attention up.

Something like, “WOW i’m blown away by what i’ve just heard!” or some shite like that.  :hmm:

He’s legit. Based in Dubai and has solid contacts. I wouldn’t call him an attention seeker at all.

He’s legit. Based in Dubai and has solid contacts. I wouldn’t call him an attention seeker at all.

Agree. Trust him as much as I would trust anybody. Don’t think he’s in it for the attention.

Something like, “WOW i’m blown away by what i’ve just heard!” or some s**** like that.  :hmm:

Agree. Trust him as much as I would trust anybody. Don’t think he’s in it for the attention.

Can just imagine the Sheikh coming in for a cleaning.

Mitch - “Is it safe?”

marathon-man.jpg

Fair enough 👍 That tweet just sounds like guesswork that any logical thinker could do though.  He’s not really “sticking his neck out” at all.  :lol: