Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Surprise surprise but Ashley has totally fucked BZG about from what I've been told. Everything was in place and they had ideas for global branding, training ground and stadium improvements etc and he's been an absolute cock as per usual.

What on earth did we do to deserve 12 years of this utter wanker?

What did he do?

I'm gona guess he ignored them a lot, upped the price a few times, added clauses, ignored them some more now we're just waiting for the 'timewasters' statement and that Bruce can have every penny.

You can just see BZG buying another club and turning them into a City like entity

Yup I said this a few days ago

You just know bzg will go on and buy another club and do well. Much like Man City’s owners did

What I find amazing is how NUFC/Mike Ashley isn't even news anymore. Go on the BBC website and NUFC don't make the top story on the sport page (even when it was announced that Rafa was leaving). The fake takeovers are taken as fact and not investigated. The approach of Sam Allardyce is just his quotes. There is no journalism. The appointment of Steve Bruce probably won't come with a comment piece from the chief sports writer questioning the logic of it. It's like no one cares anymore. These days, as long as you are super rich you can do whatever the fuck you like and there will be very little comeback. Probably because a lot of the time the same rich bastard owns the media company.

We were big news May 26th/7th..."Mike Ashley agrees to sell NUFC!".

Yeah, that's where it was obvious this was never going to happen.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this, Ashley likes to hold landlords to ransom and I think this will be his next move. There will be a warning to fans and media that if we boycott, if we protest etc he will take our club from our city.

Then we’ll either have to put up with it, or Shirebrook FC will be playing in the Championship at the RICOH Arena next season

I’ve been thinking a lot about this, Ashley likes to hold landlords to ransom and I think this will be his next move. There will be a warning to fans and media that if we boycott, if we protest etc he will take our club from our city.

Then we’ll either have to put up with it, or Shirebrook FC will be playing in the Championship at the RICOH Arena next season

This would be fucking fantastic and we can start from scratch.

Think there would be some pressure for a new club to merge with Gateshead or Blyth give us a head start. Salford and Wimbledon showed you can a least get to League Two very quickly but we’d have the resource to climb even faster

He would never get away with that.