Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He’s not allowed to move the club outside the area, that I think would mean Tyneside as out of town stadiums are the norm now.

In regards to SJP, the freemen of the city own it. NUFC lease it, not sure on what legalities it would entail if the freemen decided to end the lease agreement, or if they could.

I'd have thought a phoenix club could only buy SJP if NUFC were liquidated.  Not beyond the realms of possibility - NUFC becoming toxic a la MK Dons and a phoenix club taking the support away might force NUFC into financial trouble, but that would take a decade, minimum for that to happen.

I think the FA changed the rules after the Wimbledon saga, so clubs can't relocate in a franchise fashion.

I'm all up for a phoenix club, but it would take a generation to work, and would require a proper boycott by the happy clappers.  Like happy clappers getting publicly shamed and stuff.  :lol:

Who would have wanted the position we are in now. No takeover, no Rafa, stuck with Ashley and Bruce as manager. Looking back at the first few pages of this thread was exciting. We even had plane watch day ffs.

It’s ultimately what happened at Wimbledon though, he is allowed to do this.

Yes, because he is going just burn down a 350 million + asset and send it down to the conference (the Premier and Football League wouldn't allow it to happen for a start) because fans on the internet call him naughty words.

They wouldn't even let Hull add Tigers to their name - something that was already their nickname and has been on their logo for 70 years.

Is this officially dead yet? It's feeling that way but I don't think I've seen an announcement/twitter message/ceefax page/graffiti scrawled on a bus stop to confirm that this isn't happening yet.

I want to know who this other group is that Caulkin was on about.

Geordie Dentist reckons it’s a French group, The Vinci Group. They appear to be a construction conglomerate.

It's promising that there are still several groups hoping to bid. Perhaps it's another few months away though, which is too late to prevent relegation.

But if Ashley chooses now to pay managerial compensation for the first time, it doesn't look good at all.