Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So once again poor Ashley definitely wants to sell the club but people are wasting his time. Bloke just can't catch a break. Maybe just like our injury situation it's all down to being unlucky.

So apparently he's telling them to buy it, and they say the obstacle is getting him to sell.

:rolleyes:

Basically we’re at the point where the two parties are pushing each other but neither have the balls to throw the first punch.

All too familiar: Ashley wanting to appear as a willing seller, the prospective buyer calling his bluff by taking the entire thing public.

Then Ashley uses the fact they've went public to call it off, perfect for him.  I don't get why that's a reason to call it off like, but there you go.

I ask myself, "What would be Mike's motive to stage a fakeover at this point in time?" We're in a safe league position and the manager is adored by the Geordie faithful. If he's got a fakeover in his locker surely he'd hold it back until we need distracting again. But it's Mike. Maybe he lost a bet and has to do a fakeover every window until we win a league game at Anfield.

Reads to me like the final obstacle is out of the way.

Likewise, implies he's just saying let's complete.

Yep, that's absolutely the way it reads. Unfortunately people have been bitten and let down on so many occasions with this kind of s*ite, there's an (understandable) refusal to accept it will happen.

I’m hoping this doesn’t happen so the mongs who’ve supported Ashley he’s been here get stuck with him forever!

Mate.

Jesus, I can totally undersatand this line of thinking, but howay man :lol:

You know large swathes of the fan base are going to be lording over those who wanted us relegated.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley or Saudis, our club is no longer ours, I don’t think I could stomach supporting a club owned by even bigger cunts. I’d be happy to follow us in league one running self sufficient as long as every game we set out to win and tried our best. Football is so grim these days and only gonna be more grim 😥

I’m hoping this doesn’t happen so the mongs who’ve supported Ashley he’s been here get stuck with him forever!

Mate.

Jesus, I can totally undersatand this line of thinking, but howay man :lol:

You know large swathes of the fan base are going to be lording over those who wanted us relegated.

Tgarve likes this.

Been burnt too many times before.  I just cant see this happening.  We've gone from 90% certain to go thru to mike being upset the takeover has been leaked to the media and now saying come on then come and buy the club.  In other words he has set again set a deadline for the prospective buyer and if it doesn't happen probably by a deadline only he knows, he will terminate any talks.  Seen it all before...rinse and repeat....