Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This feels different tbh. Fingers crossed we're done with this fuck soon.

There’s that phrase again

I just feel like when Forbes starts getting involved with news about the takeover, it gives me a bit of hope that it's actually happening this time.

The quality of the sources is what's different. WSJ you'd say is of a higher calibre publication than The Sun, which broken the Bin Zayed story.

Who knows if the quality of the information is any better/more genuine.

The time of year can't help but leaving you totally dubious.

Totally agree. Just trying to be positive  :lol: and live in hope of us being rid of Ashley soon.

If it did go through and we started to win stuff do you think we would all get bored like the man city fans seem to be sometimes?

I would love to get back to the atmospheres like when we hammered Man U 5-0

I sometimes wonder if that is why we get such a hard ride in the press and fat Mike doesn't get called out as much as he should because if we were successful we really could have a big impact on the football establishment "big" clubs

I just feel like when Forbes starts getting involved with news about the takeover, it gives me a bit of hope that it's actually happening this time.

The quality of the sources is what's different. WSJ you'd say is of a higher calibre publication than The Sun, which broken the Bin Zayed story.

Nothing in the Saudi press though. I’m sure that was a thing the last carry-on.

If it did go through and we started to win stuff do you think we would all get bored like the man city fans seem to be sometimes?

I would love to get back to the atmospheres like when we hammered Man U 5-0

I sometimes wonder if that is why we get such a hard ride in the press and fat Mike doesn't get called out as much as he should because if we were successful we really could have a big impact on the football establishment "big" clubs

Football crowds will never be what they were but we'd still be much better than City's fans.

Maybe or maybe it’s just the quality/ calibre of the individual involved meaning that higher quality sources have picked it up and run with it.

If the sovereign wealth fund of the state of Saudi Arabia is being linked with a big investment then the big financial publications are going to report it.

BZG and Kenyon weren’t really of that calibre

Nothing in the Saudi press though. I’m sure that was a thing the last carry-on.

Want to keep their heads firmly attached to their shoulders, I'd imagine.

Still too many conflicting news stories from too many places for it to be full chub on time yet. George Caulkin is keeping his council and he's the voice I most respect when it comes to NUFC.

Seems to me like no one knew anything about this until the WSJ article landed, and now the usual suspects are scrambling trying to find something to write about. Their usual contacts at the club aren't talking, because they either know nowt or are under such scrutiny from NDAs that they can't say owt.

Very similar to the Bin Zayed news in the summer, all the local journos could do was trying to confirm interest from the club and write fluff pieces pretending to be in the know.

It’s uncanny how these leaks seem to happen during transfer windows and season ticket renewal time. Despite talks allegedly having been going on for months. Just uncanny.

Aye, and still people fall for it. Hope it's true but as a Newcastle fan, hope is balls.

If anyone out there is daft enough to still have a season ticket then for the love of god please don't renew, let's face it if you are into S&M that much there will be plenty available in the summer.

Don't fall for the dirt bags tricks (said while typing with my nose as I have every finger crossed that this isn't all bollocks)

Forbes are only involved because amnesty released a statement