Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

• 3 months later...

Not really their thing, but to be fair to the FCB I've heard he does make a 'kin good cheesecake, he has people queuing round the block for them.

I live in leicestershire and there was a news item about the shop on The Local News. Apparently his business has tripled since the lockdown and they did say his cakes were delicious🍰

• 2 months later...

What a horrific end to probably what was at one point the most popular sports shop in Newcastle.

The one in Eldon Square at the Northumberland Street entrance used to always be rammed. Then it went to Monument Mall and was just as busy.

Another sign of this cunt ripping the culture out of the club.

Edited by Sima

No sign of the Reubens or Ashley on Castore’s Companies House page for what it’s worth. Something might’ve changed since August, of course, but their “largest investor” is Monte Group (Jersey) Ltd which is a subsidiary of Trident Trust Ltd. Impossible to say who’s behind that money, but one of the Castore founders was on record at one point saying their largest shareholder was “one of the wealthiest families in the UK”.

Edited by Atticus

13 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Castore. :anguish:

Considering some of the shite Puma have given us over the years I’m happy with Castore - their sportswear looks class! If they can bring that style to their footy kits we might actually have a top we’d be happy to wear, for the first time in what, 5 years? 

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We knew about Castore the back end of last year didn't we? Brings back the Rangers/Ashley links.

Yes.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Considering some of the shite Puma have given us over the years I’m happy with Castore - their sportswear looks class! If they can bring that style to their footy kits we might actually have a top we’d be happy to wear, for the first time in what, 5 years? 

It all looks rubbish imo, nevermind the quality control issues that rangers saw with their merchandise.

We will stay up. Ashley will be here all next season. Bruce will be here all next season. We will get a few loans and frees in the summer and be 12th-16th next season too. We will have 48k crowds whenever fulll stadiums are allowed. That’s my prediction to look back on in 12 months. 

Ashley gets another year of PL money and hassle free ownership of the club. I think he is playing a blinder and playing us all for fools again using this arbitration stuff to keep fans off his back and to get away with another year of neglect. As the media tell us why should he improve the club as he is desperate to sell it

Edited by CalmintheChaos

3 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

We will stay up. Ashley will be here all next season. Bruce will be here all next season. We will get a few loans and frees in the summer and be 12th-16th next season too. We will have 48k crowds whenever fulll stadiums are allowed. That’s my prediction to look back on in 12 months. 

Ashley gets another year of PL money and hassle free ownership of the club. I think he is playing a blinder and playing us all for fools again using this arbitration stuff to keep fans off his back and to get away with another year of neglect. As the media tell us why should he improve the club as he is desperate to sell it

Completely agree. And I’ll chuck in a new Bruce contract for good measure. 

20 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

If the first part of that happens and Ashley/Bruce are here next season, we will go down. That’s if we don’t go down this season. 

10 hours ago, Danh1 said:

If the first part of that happens and Ashley/Bruce are here next season, we will go down. That’s if we don’t go down this season. 

I disagree. We are 6 pts above 18th with a game in hand now with Ashley and Bruce and ASM and Wilson out half the season. If them 2 are fit most of next season we would be comfortable around 13th 

24 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I disagree. We are 6 pts above 18th with a game in hand now with Ashley and Bruce and ASM and Wilson out half the season. If them 2 are fit most of next season we would be comfortable around 13th 

13th? With Bruce?

And his injury record? with his tactics?

I think not.

It depends on what's around us, really. I've wittered for much of the season about how we've got too much quality in the side to go down (which I think has ultimately been proven), but we've been helped massively by an absolutely appalling bottom three. Had it been more competitive down this end of the table, we wouldn't have had the luxury of constantly losing whilst just waiting for Wilson/ASM to come back, and everything being okay again. 

Assuming next season's context is very similar to this one (i.e. there's at least three appalling teams, the likes of Burnley and Palace don't suddenly improve, our own squad doesn't change much), I fail to see why we won't be 13th-17th again, regardless of Bruce. If we have better luck with injuries we could even push higher mid-table. 

Think how minging we've been this season, think what an abysmal performance Bruce has delivered, we're still way ahead of the relegation zone. Getting relegated is really difficult when your competitors are historically bad and you've got a lot of quality/generally a decent attitude in your own squad. We'll be fine. Yeyyyy.