Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Someone has stolen £1m worth of stock from his warehouse during the lock down.

I’m not positing they link though, it’s a s*n report.

Pretty easy to narrow down a list of suspects, you'd have to have a fucking sizeable haulage fleet available to tally up £1m of Donnay and Slazenger gear.

Anyone know what Mr Stobart was up to that night?

More like a squadron of jumbo jets.....quick someone get on FlightRadar24.....second thoughts I hope they’ve burnt the lot 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Pretty easy to narrow down a list of suspects, you'd have to have a fucking sizeable haulage fleet available to tally up £1m of Donnay and Slazenger gear.

Getting into Templar-related international escapades with Nico?

Horse-shit

Horse-shit

I'm sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking when I stuck in a hyphen.

I'll say one thing in his defence.  He did say he would only sell to buyers who could provide the club with the financial backing to take us to the next level.  If this goes thru you cant argue that he has been true to his word on that score.

Like he actually gives a fuck.

He does, but for selfish reasons.

The reason why he wanted someone who could "take the club forward" is because he knows anyone able to bankroll the club and make it rain in the transfer market would also be able to meet his ridiculous asking price, other fellow chancers wouldn't pay 350 million for it or the 300 million he looks to have secured himself in the current fucked financial climate.

Has anyone done the maths to see what he (potentially) walks away with after 13 years?  Not including the free sponsorship but the premiership/tv money not invested. Player sales and sale price?

Has anyone done the maths to see what he (potentially) walks away with after 13 years? Not including the free sponsorship but the premiership/tv money not invested. Player sales and sale price?

what?  he can't take money out of the club like that man

very roughly it'll be

130m he paid initially paid back

130m loan to himself repaid

300m sale price rumoured

so 50-60m profit all told plus the years of free advertising

he's done pretty fucking well tbf

Has anyone done the maths to see what he (potentially) walks away with after 13 years? Not including the free sponsorship but the premiership/tv money not invested. Player sales and sale price?

very roughly it'll be

300m sale price rumoured

And also the unquantifiable amounts he's creamed off the top from agents fee's etc plus the land sale, plus the free advertising.

He's certainly cleared well over £120m imho one way or the other.

very roughly it'll be

300m sale price rumoured

And also the unquantifiable amounts he's creamed off the top from agents fee's etc plus the land sale, plus the free advertising.

He's certainly cleared well over £120m imho one way or the other.

would love to have all the numbers to run a simple IRR on his investment.

Settled their Belgian tax bill as well.

Headlines are quite misleading. They mention the 600 odd million that was what they initially claimed was owed but this amount was reduced by around 475m

But that’s still around 150m paid. And probably not directly from SD as they aren’t that cash rich.

Wonder if he’s received a bit of a windfall already and given a loan to his other company??

I fancy opening a can of worms. To what extent are the supporters accountable for Ashley deciding that he's ready to sell? Are the fans who stopped going more responsible for his departure than the ones who stayed? Is there anything in it?

I fancy opening a can of worms. To what extent are the supporters accountable for Ashley deciding that he's ready to sell? Are the fans who stopped going more responsible for his departure than the ones who stayed? Is there anything in it?

Without a doubt those who protested and turned away are responsible. Those who sat there and took it would have kept him here if everyone did.

It was going after SD and his mates which made him sell up I think. The 10k walk aways was possibly the final straw, the one where he knew he’d made one fuck up too many. Come the summer if he still owned us there would be a big question he could have got the 10k free ticketers to pay up, and if Bruce’s football and his signings would have prevented others from leaving.