Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

10 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Does anyone else still have that moment of dread when this thread gets bumped?

Must be some sort of inbuilt anxiety with anything connected to that slug 

It’s the moment of hope for me, which is swiftly dashed.

Got to give him credit for getting the ticketing system correct.

If you ignore all the good done in the past couple of years following 14 years of running the club into the ground, and remember the Man City tickets aren't on sale yet, is there really anything separating the two ownerships?

13 hours ago, TBG said:

Got to give him credit for getting the ticketing system correct.

If you ignore all the good done in the past couple of years following 14 years of running the club into the ground, and remember the Man City tickets aren't on sale yet, is there really anything separating the two ownerships?

His ticketing system worked because there was fuck all demand. We could sell another 20k seats easily now 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2023 at 08:39, mouldy_uk said:

Does anyone else still have that moment of dread when this thread gets bumped?

Must be some sort of inbuilt anxiety with anything connected to that slug 

Moment of hope these days in all honesty. He can’t hurt us anymore 

If any kid that turned up at my school with that monstrosity they’d have their head flushed down the bog, dinner money TWOC’d, a massive wedgie, ink flicked all over their shirt, desk lid slammed on their fingers, knuckles smashed with a ruler, piss squirted at them from a water pistol, pinned to the ground whilst we all took it in turns to fart on their head, kicked in the nuts, hockle in their pencil case, nipple grippled, chair pulled away as they sat down and whipped with a wet towel in the PE changing rooms 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

If any kid that turned up at my school with that monstrosity they’d have their head flushed down the bog, dinner money TWOC’d, a massive wedgie, ink flicked all over their shirt, desk lid slammed on their fingers, knuckles smashed with a ruler, piss squirted at them from a water pistol, pinned to the ground whilst we all took it in turns to fart on their head, kicked in the nuts, hockle in their pencil case, nipple grippled, chair pulled away as they sat down and whipped with a wet towel in the PE changing rooms 

I take it you are a PE teacher 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fuck, looks like he’s after Reading.

Imagine your club is up for sale and the leading candidates to buy it are Mike Ashley and William Storey.

https://x.com/readingfanman/status/1718561293223809175?s=46&t=VdH0aGHsHSF2_7GgShF1MQ

If those are the two options then it says a lot about the other guy that Ashley is the better option

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Without looking I bet their forum is full of comments about how he done a great job here and that we’re just ungrateful, Northern yobs. Or words to that effect anyways.

Some fans on Twitter having a go at other Reading fans who want him nowhere near their club.

It seems that some people can see through the lies. I think the Reading fans were pretty clued up on William storey as well.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Some fans on Twitter having a go at other Reading fans who want him nowhere near their club.

It seems that some people can see through the lies. I think the Reading fans were pretty clued up on William storey as well.

Fair play if so.

What I will say, is that I wish we had done what Reading have done and disrupted games to try and force Ashley out. I know it’s not exactly massive, checking a few tennis balls on the pitch, but fair play to them. 

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Can't believe he's plastered "Frasers" using the different seat colours inside the Coventry stadium :icon_puke_r:

I was speaking to a fella the other week who had a lot to do with the campaign that wanted their previous regime out. He was all for Ashley buying Coventry as he'd apparently spent loads of money at Newcastle and helped expand the stadium :anguish:

On 29/10/2023 at 11:23, Danh1 said:

Without looking I bet their forum is full of comments about how he done a great job here and that we’re just ungrateful, Northern yobs. Or words to that effect anyways.

Mostly [emoji38]

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190810&start=440

I thougt @The Fish might have been on there with a Newcastle perspective.

Edited by Paullow