Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Oh and he wasted a huge amount of money and sold all our centre halves bar one by the time this last season started.

On the flip side, he bought John McGinn for 2.3m which is the best spent couple of million I've seen in a long long time.

I think he'll probably keep you up.

The problem is, the football will be awful - he is straight out of the MON 'slap them on the back and get them fired up' school.

He doesn't 'do' tactics. The closest he came with us was - and this is bizarre - a long diagonal punt from the keeper to a well-advanced-up-the-pitch El-Mohammedy. It happened so often it had to be a planned 'thing'

Also, nothing is ever his fault, never. He had the fans on his side for a long time at our place but it was the constant flailing around looking for someone else to blame when things went wrong that lost him that - at which point he started blaming the fans too.

Very quickly you'll get stuck of hearing 'we'll be there or thereabouts' as his answer to everything.

You put up with a degree of the above if the results are worth it, or if the football was good to watch, but it isn't. It's relentlessly old school.

You get away with that too a certain degree in the championship, but not in the top flight.

thanks for this fantastic insight

Oh and he wasted a huge amount of money and sold all our centre halves bar one by the time this last season started.

On the flip side, he bought John McGinn for 2.3m which is the best spent couple of million I've seen in a long long time.

please continue

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love to say that he's a right fucking idiot and no amount of money is worth how much he's going to be hated for being Ashley's bootlicker and for taking us down, but then I remembered that it'll only take a win for the bootlickers in our own support to 'give credit where it's due' or want to give him a chance. Either way he'll be out on his ear eventually because he's absolutely shite and unless Ashley goes for the extra fuck you and gives him unbelievable funding to make up for his lack of ability compared to Rafa, which is obviously gigantic, we're going down, absolutely no doubt at all about that. Seems deliberate tbh, it's so obviously certain.

This reminds me of when Rafa was about to be appointed, and a Liverpool fan came on and told us the things to expect from Rafa, that was so exciting and optimistic.

:lol: i remember that

:okay:

<b>Bruce can't win me over with results because I hope we lose every match.</b>

Whole thing needs to burn down so Ashley leaves. Last thing I want is Bruce to keep us clear of relegation.

You'll be won over in no time then

:clap:

This reminds me of when Rafa was about to be appointed, and a Liverpool fan came on and told us the things to expect from Rafa, that was so exciting and optimistic.

I was one of them.

The irritating part of Rafa being replaced by Hodgson was the patronizing tone of the media and the justification for every result. With Bruce at the helm, you are going to see a unity among news media, all of them pushing the same agenda in unison. When a PFM is being compared to someone like Rafa by the fans, it is unbelievable the amount of unity shown by the media in defending the PFM.

Bad results, not Bruce's or Ashley's fault. Geordies expect too much. Bruce is unfairly being targeted creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rafa is to blame for leaving the club at the last minute. His poor signings caused the issue.  And if Bruce manages to keep you up next season, it will be heralded as the greatest achievement in British football since Clough. The sad part is, some of the fans actually fall for this.

I was one of them.

The irritating part of Rafa being replaced by Hodgson was the patronizing tone of the media and the justification for every result. With Bruce at the helm, you are going to see a unity among news media, all of them pushing the same agenda in unison. When a PFM is being compared to someone like Rafa by the fans, it is unbelievable the amount of unity shown by the media in defending the PFM.

Bad results, not Bruce's or Ashley's fault. Geordies expect too much. Bruce is unfairly being targeted creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rafa is to blame for leaving the club at the last minute. His poor signings caused the issue.  And if Bruce manages to keep you up next season, it will be heralded as the greatest achievement in British football since Clough. The sad part is, some of the fans actually fall for this.

Couldn’t agree more chap.

I was one of them.

Depressingly true mate.

Not an issue at the Toon as he’ll have virtually no input into signings - if, indeed, there are that many signings to make.

I’ve got this feeling that Mike Ashley looks at our squad and sees a lot of players; a playing group he’s not going to add to. Why would he buy a left back when Lazaar is still on the books? Gayle and Joselu are strikers (ostensibly), so why splash out on another?

People who think Ashley is going to give Brewce piles of cash are kidding themselves. What was that “Bruce family leak” - £40m and a proportion of sales cash? In Mike Ashley’s world, that’s a single £25m player (plus agents fees and wages)

Mind you, that view satisfies my hopes that we beat Derby’s record low points total and may be wishful thinking. But, after all we’ve seen, is it so crazy?

I'm happy Steve Bruce will be manager tbh.  Hopefully it'll finally be the thing to swing the mongs who still plan on going to games to stay away. 

The most "Ashley" appointment ever could be the end of him

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-newcastle-united-manager-16569554

Newcastle United's odds of relegation shorten as Steve Bruce appointment nears

Steve Bruce is set to be announced as Rafael Benitez's successor at Newcastle United

By Josh Challies Trainee Sports Wire Writer

15:04, 11 JUL 2019UPDATED15:47, 11 JUL 2019

Changes are afoot at Newcastle United as Steve Bruce is expected to be named as successor to Rafa Benitez at St James' Park.

The Geordie manager looks set to leave Sheffield Wednesday in order to land his first Premier League job since his time with Hull City, where he suffered relegation in the 2015/16 season.

Since guiding Hull to the FA Cup final, two promotions and UEFA Europa League football, Bruce 's stock has declined significantly and news of his appointment on Tyneside has not been popular.

Serious questions are being asked about Bruce's ability to guide the Magpies to stability next season and the bookies appear to share those concerns, as the odds of Newcastle suffering relegation have shortened.

Newcastle can now be found at a price of 5/2 to be relegated next season, having been seen at 6-1 by bookmakers just a month ago.

In a more positive note, that is only enough for Newcastle to be seen as sixth-favourites for relegation as Aston Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Norwich City and Sheffield United are all seen as more likely to suffer a drop.

However, it is hardly welcome news for supporters and shows exactly how hard the challenges that lie ahead for Bruce on Tyneside will be.

Premier League relegation odds: -

Sheffield United - 4/6

Norwich City - Evens

Burnley - 2/1

Brighton - 2/1

Aston Villa - 7/4

Newcastle United - 5/2

Southampton - 4/1

Crystal Palace - 4/1

Bournemouth - 5/1

Since when did quoting bookie odds become journalism?

Can we start betting on how long he lasts here? I think him being ashley's chosen one actually shows the fat man i scared of relegation. He could have chosen other cheap, inexperienced, or hasbeen fuckwit like Wise or Kinnear but he actually thinks Bruce can keep us up and he's willing to pay for him ffs.

If we're down there and in danger of relegation, he'll be gone before the season is over. Better yet, by January when he realise the fat owner isn't giving money to spend, he'll take off.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-newcastle-united-manager-16569554

Newcastle United's odds of relegation shorten as Steve Bruce appointment nears

Steve Bruce is set to be announced as Rafael Benitez's successor at Newcastle United

By Josh Challies Trainee Sports Wire Writer

15:04, 11 JUL 2019UPDATED15:47, 11 JUL 2019

Changes are afoot at Newcastle United as Steve Bruce is expected to be named as successor to Rafa Benitez at St James' Park.

The Geordie manager looks set to leave Sheffield Wednesday in order to land his first Premier League job since his time with Hull City, where he suffered relegation in the 2015/16 season.

Since guiding Hull to the FA Cup final, two promotions and UEFA Europa League football, Bruce 's stock has declined significantly and news of his appointment on Tyneside has not been popular.

Serious questions are being asked about Bruce's ability to guide the Magpies to stability next season and the bookies appear to share those concerns, as the odds of Newcastle suffering relegation have shortened.

Newcastle can now be found at a price of 5/2 to be relegated next season, having been seen at 6-1 by bookmakers just a month ago.

In a more positive note, that is only enough for Newcastle to be seen as sixth-favourites for relegation as Aston Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Norwich City and Sheffield United are all seen as more likely to suffer a drop.

However, it is hardly welcome news for supporters and shows exactly how hard the challenges that lie ahead for Bruce on Tyneside will be.

Premier League relegation odds: -

Sheffield United - 4/6

Norwich City - Evens

Burnley - 2/1

Brighton - 2/1

Aston Villa - 7/4

Newcastle United - 5/2

Southampton - 4/1

Crystal Palace - 4/1

Bournemouth - 5/1

Since when did quoting bookie odds become journalism?

since print media started to die and be replaced with sites filled with ads with the occasional bit of text followed by more ads.