Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Bruce is a direct symptom of Mike Ashley and the way he handles the football club. Just like Pardew was. Obviously. Imagine just continuing, ”supporting the team” like nothing has happened, every time Mike Ashley fucks you in the arse.

I've stopped going to the games. I'm not spending any money on the club at all. I want Ashley out but I can't wish we lose. To me that is a fair position. I'm not just supporting the team like nothing has happened.

I'll be honest, that line of thinking is equally as confusing to me. As a win for the team is a win for Mike Ashley, I can't understand the logic.

I can't separate NUFC from Mike Ashley now so wishing bad results on the team is a by product of wishing ill fortune on Ashley.

Bruce is a direct symptom of Mike Ashley and the way he handles the football club. Just like Pardew was. Obviously. Imagine just continuing, ”supporting the team” like nothing has happened, every time Mike Ashley fucks you in the arse.

I've stopped going to the games. I'm not spending any money on the club at all. I want Ashley out but I can't wish we lose. To me that is a fair position. I'm not just supporting the team like nothing has happened.

I'll be honest, that line of thinking is equally as confusing to me. As a win for the team is a win for Mike Ashley, I can't understand the logic.

I can't separate NUFC from Mike Ashley now so wishing bad results on the team is a by product of wishing ill fortune on Ashley.

Then why do you still post here?

:lol:

What O-N said.

So what happens? Bruce goes, we get another distinctly average manager and the cycle starts again. I expect every club to be strive to be the best version of itself, that’s not going to happen under Ashley and every time some momentum gets going on him personally it gets side tracked by something else.

This all starts and ends with Ashley, wasting time and energy on Bruce at this point serves no purpose, he’s easily replaced by another manager from the merry go round and that will continue until Ashley goes.

Bruce bashing doesn’t hurt Ashley, not buying from his shops does (yes, I know that conflicts with going to the match) publicising his lies, deceit and disregard does. I simply do not understand why there is not a constant, consistent Ashley out campaign. He doesn’t like personal protests or folk pointing out his lies - he’ll happily allow Bruce or any other manager  take the flak for what is undoubtably his doing.

What O-N said.

But you want the team to lose every game. What's the point in investing all that time watching the games and then posting on a messageboard about a team you want to lose? Makes zero sense.

So what happens? Bruce goes, we get another distinctly average manager and the cycle starts again. I expect every club to be strive to be the best version of itself, that’s not going to happen under Ashley and every time some momentum gets going on him personally it gets side tracked by something else.

This all starts and ends with Ashley, wasting time and energy on Bruce at this point serves no purpose, he’s easily replaced by another manager from the merry go round and that will continue until Ashley goes.

Bruce bashing doesn’t hurt Ashley, not buying from his shops does (yes, I know that conflicts with going to the match) publicising his lies, deceit and disregard does. I simply do not understand why there is not a constant, consistent Ashley out campaign. He doesn’t like personal protests or folk pointing out his lies - he’ll happily allow Bruce or any other manager  take the flak for what is undoubtably his doing.

good luck with this, join in, Bruce is a cunt, see it’s easy . O0

Because every attempt to engage the wider fanbase has been a thankless chore. There was 52,000 there yesterday, in spite of everything.

I disagree completely. If the atmosphere was toxic, fans boycotting, empty away ends, making it bad for Bruce like the Pardew Out campaign reduced him to tears, then it 100% would have an impact. Instead the opposite happens, Ashley fills the empty seats with freebies and he’s rubbing his hands with how easy it is as always.

Yep, I totally agree. Why stop going and why want Ashley out but not see the bigger picture? It’s illogical.

I'm not spending a penny on the club. I'm not going to games. I didn't want Bruce here and I want Ashley out.

I can't want us to lose. I just can't do it. I understand people feel differently. But because I call people out for calling Bruce a "fat cunt" and I'm disgusted that posters are wishing Bruce to have a "heart attack" - and that makes me a "Bruce Lover" it's just insane. Absolutely fucking insane.

Why would you post "Get in :lol:" or "Let's have another Everton ;D" or some shit in the match thread? It just winds me up man. Can't believe posters are defending it man? If you feel that strongly that you want Newcastle to lose every game, I just don't get why you'd constantly post in the match threads. Makes zero sense to me. Why not ignore the Toon and don't watch? Wait until Ashley has left and then come back? Would that not be logical?

You, like everyone else, have a choice as to whether you read the match thread.

But it’s pure bait and allowed , hence I will not contribute to any ongoing match thread on the day ever again, the forum is fractured and if you show a modicum of support for the team you are sniped at.

Interesting to see our cousins reaction , bare in mind they hate PP  now

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/how-many-of-you-hope-we-lose-today.1499501/#post-30978379

I'm shocked at the amount of people defending/supporting Bruce.

I've learned my lesson on this one I'm afraid. I thought Pardew could develop into a good manager, I was wrong. I thought McClaren might be the right fit for the club, despite his record, I was wrong.

It turns out leopards dont change their spots. Once a s**** manager, always a s**** manager. Those supporting Bruce are just delaying the inevitable, the slow destruction of the side Rafa built.

It doesn't matter how much money we spend, or how many free tickets we give away, Steve Bruce as an appointment was a death by 1000 cuts and proof that this owner has no clue about football and no ambition to learn.

I mean what are those sympathetic to Bruce hoping will happen? That he's turned into a good manager over night? It doesn't happen, it wont happen, it has never happened.

I think you have touched on why some fans are not prepared to back Bruce regardless of results. He is a similar kind of manager to Pardew and McClaren and fans just don't want to go back to those days again because they know they offer nothing as managers.

If the club appointed the likes of Van Bronckhorst, Arteta or Potter then most fans even the ones that hate Bruce right now would be more than really to give them their backing. They may not be Benitez, but you could at least appreciate the club were at least attempting to take the club in a positive direction, but instead they went for a boring appointment who everybody knows offers nothing in the modern game and will most likely help relegate the club.

What O-N said.

But you want the team to lose every game. What's the point in investing all that time watching the games and then posting on a messageboard about a team you want to lose? Makes zero sense.

Because it's my team. Where else am i going to vent with people with a common interest?

If this was another club's board, I think your question would be very valid.

FWIW i don't invest any time in watching us any more.

But it's not your team anymore. You've confirmed that. Why would you post on a message board about a team you don't watch?

Makes less than no sense.

It’s simple. You target the next patsy as yet another symptom of the Ashley occupation. Unless they are a Rafa type who is a World class manager who pressures Ashley to do the right thing and who we can see is making a difference to our team and city, like Rafa.

Because every attempt to engage the wider fanbase has been a thankless chore. There was 52,000 there yesterday, in spite of everything.

He’s shown already that he’ll happily fill the ground with free tickets to show off his brand, expecting a mass boycott is not going to happen and to be honest many supporters have completely valid reasons for going. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next season when the 10 year deal has ended and the half season tickets have expired. I suspect he’ll offer a new deal and many will renew, if he doesn’t it becomes interesting.

Ashley has a thick skin for letting others take his flak, there’ll always be a manager willing to take the job and if and when we go down the next time Ashley will saddle us with more interest free debt and tighten his hold making us less attractive and more expensive in real terms to buy.

We need a concerted, relentless, telling it truthfully what Ashley has done, is doing and will continue to do, campaign against him. It’s this that Ashley can’t handle and what he reacts badly to so let’s go with what works. Everything else is wasted energy and creates hurt for everyone else but Ashley.

I'm shocked at the amount of people defending/supporting Bruce.

I've learned my lesson on this one I'm afraid. I thought Pardew could develop into a good manager, I was wrong. I thought McClaren might be the right fit for the club, despite his record, I was wrong.

It turns out leopards dont change their spots. Once a shite manager, always a shite manager. Those supporting Bruce are just delaying the inevitable, the slow destruction of the side Rafa built.

It doesn't matter how much money we spend, or how many free tickets we give away, Steve Bruce as an appointment was a death by 1000 cuts and proof that this owner has no clue about football and no ambition to learn.

I mean what are those sympathetic to Bruce hoping will happen? That he's turned into a good manager over night? It doesn't happen, it wont happen, it has never happened.

Nailed it.

What O-N said.

Because it's my team. Where else am i going to vent with people with a common interest?

If this was another club's board, I think your question would be very valid.

FWIW i don't invest any time in watching us any more.

But it's not your team anymore. You've confirmed that. Why would you post on a message board about a team you don't watch?

Makes less than no sense.

Eh??

Where does he ever say it’s not his team any more? He still loves the club.

You’ve got some kind of weird angle here.

Thing is though, people are high and mighty about, "shouldn't wish a heart attack on anyone".

I cant remember anyone being so defensive in the MA thread.

I think it's tosspot behaviour wishing it on anyone tbh, but I can objectively understand why people might take that view with MA. Bruce? Nah.

Anyone getting teary over a couple of "fuck offs" and "tosspot" on a forum are massive snowflakes.

Who’s getting teary? Doesn’t bother me. Know the context before you post.

He was moaning that the board was toxic because he was getting called a pathetic poster while telling people to fuck off.

He’d already been called out by admins for trying to take the moral high ground while not having a leg to stand on.

Know your context LV. I said the board was toxic BEFORE I was called pathetic. My rant last night was about the match threads, and posters celebrating other teams scoring.

Neesy insulted me, I insulted him back. I didn't start it. You need to keep up son.  :rolleyes:

I know my context perfectly well. Sunshine.

Calling a board toxic then contributing to the toxicity. Then trying to take the moral high ground. To the extent that you got publicly slapped down by an admin.

:thup: That’s your position and that’s fine. Others have reached the conclusion that it’s better if we go down and stay down. Others, like myself, are just completely torn. Different conclusions, but we all want the best for the club in the long run.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

And yet Bruce has not once played him in the position he started with promise last season. Yet you choose to support that?