Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I do think you create a fair bit of your own luck. Managers like Bruce and Pardew can sometimes build really great team spirit and morale, with determination you get the rub of the green more often than not. You make good chances harder for the opposition.  Make the most of yours.  Often it’s by not over complicating things.  That’s where our biggest failures like Souness and SMC failed. One couldn’t build team spirit because he fell out with players.  The other over complicated things and couldn’t motivate and build momentum. 

For Bruce It’s when they’re genuinely unlucky. Heads drop. Players start questioning their methods or the motivation wanes they can’t turn it around. But for now it’s working and he deserves credit for it. Worse managers would be in deeper trouble.

Don't fall for it TCD. You found it really difficult to come back from your years of misplaced Pardew appreciation. I would not like to see you go down that road again with Bruce.

In my lifetime we’ve had 3 genuinely good managers. Pardew wasn’t one of them.  Nothing I’m saying is appreciation. I can just see why he’s managed to get a number of promotions now.  I already know how he’s gotten teams relegated too. 

Guest godzilla

To be fair, that team he put out tonight should have won the game. I don't think this result is on him.

His tactics of the team are. Set up against Oxford as if we are playing Liverpool away and the threat going forward is just non existent

That's a Premier league 11 playing against a League 1 side

They should have the quality to win regardless, the same quality to win regardless of who the manager is just like you were all saying when we were winning Premier league games this year despite of Bruce.

Guest neesy111

They should have the quality to win regardless, the same quality to win regardless of who the manager is just like you were all saying when we were winning this year.

Football isn't simply about picking your best 11.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest godzilla

They should have the quality to win regardless, the same quality to win regardless of who the manager is just like you were all saying when we were winning Premier league games this year despite of Bruce.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest neesy111

To be fair, that team he put out tonight should have won the game. I don't think this result is on him.

:lol: Are you serious? People actually think like this??

Amazingly yes.

You could say the same about McClaren's team, yet he ultimately got us relegated. Townsend, Thauvin and Wijnaldum weren't bad players.

They should have the quality to win regardless, the same quality to win regardless of who the manager is just like you were all saying when we were winning this year.

Football isn't simply about picking your best 11.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nor is it solely the manager's fault for the stinkers of an effort in front of goal the likes of Almiron, Lascelles and Joelinton presented today. All of them them are of the calibre of quality to finish any of that.

Its strange that its luck when we win and then its down to him when we don't.