Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I backed up Rafa facts against Mark Douglas last night. I’ve woken up this morning to streams of abuse :lol:

I’m so disenfranchised from my club, its supporters and institutions like The Chronicle.

It’s actually unbearable to feel this way about the club you love - yet feeling so helpless and on your own when it comes to the fan base. I thought the fan base was divided under Pardew. This is so much worse - yet to me it seems clear as day what’s eventually going to happen. And there won’t be a world class manager stepping in to save us from oblivion this time.

Quite frankly, we’re going to deserve everything we get.

Aye, I came off it a few days ago. Our fans are pricks.

I backed up Rafa facts against Mark Douglas last night. I’ve woken up this morning to streams of abuse :lol:

I’m so disenfranchised from my club, its supporters and institutions like The Chronicle.

It’s actually unbearable to feel this way about the club you love - yet feeling so helpless and on your own when it comes to the fan base. I thought the fan base was divided under Pardew. This is so much worse - yet to me it seems clear as day what’s eventually going to happen. And there won’t be a world class manager stepping in to save us from oblivion this time.

Aye, I came off it a few days ago. Our fans are pricks.

I choose to believe its Stockholm Syndrome and no one is actually thick enough to believe the lies they tell themselves about being a Soopafan.

Can’t believe how fans on Twitter are taking the piss out of fans who supported Rafa. As if results like today vindicate him leaving.

I can’t wait for this to all blow up and turn to shit. It looks like we’re going to have to wait another year though.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Was always going to happen.

Is it possible to have a central view on this or is it only extremes allowed - seems that way on Twitter ( and on here to an extent ) Either people wanting to completely ignore the club or people bumming bruce and kicking off at rafa supporters. I have more of a middle view on it myself. Loved rafa , he did a great job & brought back ambition ( be it just his football philosophy and ideas but ambition it was ) I don’t think Bruce is a good manager and the performances are backing that but still enjoy to see the club doing well, and want things to come good. If you start arguing with morons on twitter etc of course it will make you sick!

PS the Toon for change is an absolute waste of time- called them out and got blocked.

He was calling out fans for thinking we could have been top 6 at this stage under Benitez this season. I’ve just put to him what he finds unbelievable about the concept that following the end of season momentum of last year, with Benitez manager (meaning Rondon up front), that we couldn’t have won 2 extra matches so far this season. See if he can answer.

Dan (@Dan1879_SAFC) Tweeted:

Wow! Newcastle in the 73 FA cup final!?! Really Brucey??? Top knowledge of your boyhood team there @SoccerAM #SAFC #NUFC https://t.co/pLMMvHa0nV

I found this embarrassing. For all the Newcastle fans saying it was an easy mistake to make....that’s absolute bollocks I’m afraid.

I wasn’t born for another 20 years but I know it was ‘74. I know we won 3 FACs in the 1950s (51,52,55). How would you not know that as a fan who LIVED through it?

I’m sure the old timers on here would never forget that it was 1974. In fact I bet many of them would say that the game at Hillsbrough v Burnley is up there with the best game they ever attended. Thats how you remember.

Bruce is a fucking charlatan man.

Wow! Newcastle in the 73 FA cup final!?! Really Brucey??? Top knowledge of your boyhood team there @SoccerAM #SAFC #NUFC https://t.co/pLMMvHa0nV

I found this embarrassing. For all the Newcastle fans saying it was an easy mistake to make....that’s absolute bollocks I’m afraid.

I wasn’t born for another 20 years but I know it was ‘74. I know we won 3 FACs in the 1950s (51,52,55). How would you not know that as a fan who LIVED through it?

I’m sure the old timers on here would never forget that it was 1974. In fact I bet many of them would say that the game at Hillsbrough v Burnley is up there with the best game they ever attended. Thats how you remember.

Aye, I was born in 80 and I know about it.

Also go along with the line that it being one of the best games ever for a fan knowing about that era as comparatively I put the Sheffield United and Spurs semis high up on my list.

Also go along with the line that it being one of the best games ever for a fan knowing about that era as comparatively I put the Sheffield United and Spurs semis high up on my list.

I’ve said it before, his dad might be a fan but he isn’t. This is a bloke who after his playing career ended still wanted Man U to beat us in the cup final. He can fuck off with his supporter shite, I’m away at the moment and haven’t heard what said but if he can’t still feel the pain of ‘74 after what happened in ‘73 he really needs to stop pretending to be a fan. Cried my eyes as a young lad when Alec Lindsey scored (disallowed) and had to do all again in the 2nd half.

Guest neesy111

I’ve said it before, his dad might be a fan but he isn’t. This is a bloke who after his playing career ended still wanted Man U to beat us in the cup final. He can fuck off with his supporter shite, I’m away at the moment and haven’t heard what said but if he can’t still feel the pain of ‘74 after what happened in ‘73 he really needs to stop pretending to be a fan. Cried my eyes as a young lad when Alec Lindsey scored (disallowed) and had to do all again in the 2nd half.

This.

I was at the final in 1974 and all of the games leading to the final.  I still see friends from that day and we love to reminisce with huge smiles on our faces.  I remember EVERYTHING from that day as if it were yesterday.

Unrealistic to believe that in a season where 3 of the ‘big 6’ are having their worst seasons for years, Everton & West Ham are scrambling around mid-table despite their spends, and Sheff Utd are challenging for 5th, that Benitez couldn’t have won 2 more games than we have this season to have us challenging for Europe.

Unrealistic to believe that in a season where 3 of the ‘big 6’ are having their worst seasons for years, Everton & West Ham are scrambling around mid-table despite their spends, and Sheff Utd are challenging for 5th, that Benitez couldn’t have won 2 more games than we have this season to have us challenging for Europe.

The problem with that is the last two seasons are proof that he wouldn't have done that.

The problem with that is the last two seasons are proof that he wouldn't have done that.

Based on the momentum of the last 4 months of last season, if he’d backed Benitez (who’d have brought Rondon back) I’ve no doubt we’d be higher than where we are.

Based on the momentum of the last 4 months of last season, if he’d backed Benitez (who’d have brought Rondon back) I’ve no doubt we’d be higher than where we are.

That sounds as bad as the Bruce supporters, it's like people completely forgot what that final half season was like under Rafa, he was building something and the momentum was there. It's not impossible to think, given that second half plus money to spend in the last window that we could have seen some real strides made. You can't base a prediction on the basis of coming out of that Summer '18 transfer window, it was horrific! Jan "19 made a huge difference, continuity, a modicum of spending and stability would have yielded more points, I have no doubt.

Guest neesy111

That sounds as bad as the Bruce supporters, it's like people completely forgot what that final half season was like under Rafa, he was building something and the momentum was there. It's not impossible to think, given that second half plus money to spend in the last window that we could have seen some real strides made. You can't base a prediction on the basis of coming out of that Summer '18 transfer window, it was horrific! Jan "19 made a huge difference, continuity, a modicum of spending and stability would have yielded more points, I have no doubt.

Eh.