Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

To be fair, that team he put out tonight should have won the game. I don't think this result is on him.

Yes, let's sell all 11 of them and exchange them all for a new group. Problem sorted.

That's a Premier league 11 playing against a League 1 side

They should have the quality to win regardless, the same quality to win regardless of who the manager is just like you were all saying when we were winning this year.

Football isn't simply about picking your best 11.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nor is it solely the manager's fault for the stinkers of an effort in front of goal the likes of Almiron, Lascelles and Joelinton presented today. All of them them are of the calibre of quality to finish any of that.

Its strange that its luck when we win and then its down to him when we don't.

If you watch the games it makes perfect sense. We never look convincing man.

If the manager isn't culpable then why bother having one at all? Just let the players go out there themselves.

Sadly we'd probably end up looking better.

I'm in no way shape or form saying hes not faultless because for his one quality that anyone rates him for here (motivation/man-management) he clearly failed to get that to work in this game given how dire it was

But what I am saying is - Lascelles and Almiron's chances are down to them and them alone, that is what lead to us not winning more than any shithousery from Bruce and his incompetence. They were clear cut chances right in front of goal that they are players of the quality to be able to finish that.

I'm in no way shape or form saying hes not faultless because for his one quality that anyone rates him for here (motivation/man-management) he clearly failed to get that to work in this game given how dire it was

But what I am saying is - Lascelles and Almiron's chances are down to them and them alone, that is what lead to us not winning more than any shithousery from Bruce and his incompetence. They were clear cut chances right in front of goal that they are players of the quality to be able to finish that.

Against this level of opposition at home we should be consistently creating chances, and increasing the probability of winning the game.

If that was the case, a result like this wouldn't even be so frustrating.

It is clear that we don't have a clue of what we're doing and that is the real issue.

The manager is shocking. It's his responsibility.

He's responsible for the team not being competant enough to break down the defense of a League 1 side. Yes it's not his fault players sometimes fluff chances but we were rubbish and we have been rubbish for a while. It's one thing to be rubbish against premier league opposition but when there's no improvement against shit teams? He promised front foot attacking football at teh start, completely misjudging the quality of the squad, and then when he does have a superior team he still can't get the team either pumped up enough to play proper or just trained to pass the ball to each other at any speed. Yes players deserve blame, but so does he.

Players will miss chances, but over 90 mins if you can't score one goal against a third division team, then something is clearly wrong. It can't be that we just keep spending big money on bad players.

You do realise they also missed chances yes? Or does that not come into your equation?

Starting to get pissed off at 5 at the back especially today.

It’s fine imo if the two outside CBs are Schar & Lejeune.

It's also fine if your wing backs can get forward and link effectively with the players ahead of them.

Starting to get pissed off at 5 at the back especially today.

It’s fine imo if the two outside CBs are Schar & Lejeune.

It's also fine if your wing backs can get forward and link effectively with the players ahead of them.

Aye.

Miss you Jetro.

After Chelsea he was saying as we improve the quality of players, the football would improve. I wasn't expecting 1970 Brazil but you'd have thought playing against a League 1 side at home in front of a full house, you'd have at least seen a glimpse of what he's working towards. If that was it then God help him.

I wonder what Ashley makes of these full strength teams in the cup, after he was allegedly shaking with rage after the Hull QF (yes, we were a penalty shootout away from a domestic semi-final with Rafa, not that it's ever recalled amid the pro-Bruce/anti-Rafa agenda).

I wonder what Ashley makes of these full strength teams in the cup, after he was allegedly shaking with rage after the Hull QF (yes, we were a penalty shootout away from a domestic semi-final with Rafa, not that it's ever recalled amid the pro-Bruce/anti-Rafa agenda).

Tbh he's probably encouraging it this season. After stifling us for over a decade, he's probably thinking it's a way of keeping the minions onside with Bruce.

You do realise they also missed chances yes? Or does that not come into your equation?

Of course not, but the point of being a Premier league player in comparison to a League 1 player is to be more clinical overall. Especially against lower opposition.

Anyway, of course I'd rather have anyone half competent as a manager at this level than him. I tried making a point demonstrating the players also share a big responsibility for today in the wrong manner.

After Chelsea he was saying as we improve the quality of players, the football would improve. I wasn't expecting 1970 Brazil but you'd have thought playing against a League 1 side at home in front of a full house, you'd have at least seen a glimpse of what he's working towards. If that was it then God help him.

Sorry, quickfire double Rafa post (but the suggestion that Bruce is doing better than him really riles me), but the last time we decided to offload a load of cheap cup tickets out to the masses - with the theory it might generate a good atmosphere and maintain the momentum of the time - we absolutely twatted Preston 6-0. In spite of everything I honestly expected something similar today. Again the current set-up continues to surprise.

What is he working towards though? In the match thread I was saying his forte is man management, not coaching players on movement and passing drills. Kaka made a good point that it could still work if he had some decent coaches working with him instead of his pie eating mates, all called Steve. I think his philosophy is simply buy some good players and let them get on with it.

To be fair, that team he put out tonight should have won the game. I don't think this result is on him.

To be fair??? Why the fuck should any-one be fair to an areshole like Bruce???

Or are you making excuses for a shite performance against a poor team? Is it the fault of the players or the manager? Who trains, motivates, pushes the players? Oh, our useless idiot of a dinosaur manger.

Fair to him? Never in my lifetime will I be fair to him.