Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

With Rafa in charge, we were grinding out wins that were deserved due to team effort + proper tactics. With Bruce in charge, many of our wins have been flukes (the other team misses 3 sitters and one of our defenders scrambles in a goal).

Rafa's lingering influence has kept the team mostly competitive, but luck is the reason we are out of relegation trouble.

Bruce ‘delivered’ nowt. The decent defence put together by Rafa did that.

What's the point, that's Bruce done okay then in your opinion? 45 points after 29 games? 50 points? 60 points?

Rafa sorted out the defence for sure, but things can go wrong. Team spirit can go shit. Bruce tried something different early on, realised it was the wrong decision and went back to what Rafa had drilled into the team. That was the right decision no?

Bruce has done fuck all attacking wise, there's no attacking plan. But team spirit is very important. We've never looked like a team, that will go on a 5-6 game losing streak. We are boring as fuck to watch at home, but joint best defence with 12 goals conceded, 3 defeats, and 1.5 points per game is a solid enough base.

I don't hate him. He's not good enough to progress us, he will be gone for next season, and we'll get a new better manager in. That's the correct decision.

What's the point, that's Bruce done okay then in your opinion? 45 points after 29 games? 50 points? 60 points?

Rafa sorted out the defence for sure, but things can go wrong. Team spirit can go shit. Bruce tried something different early on, realised it was the wrong decision and went back to what Rafa had drilled into the team. That was the right decision no?

Bruce has done fuck all attacking wise, there's no attacking plan. But team spirit is very important. We've never looked like a team, that will go on a 5-6 game losing streak. We are boring as fuck to watch at home, but joint best defence with 12 goals conceded, 3 defeats, and 1.5 points per game is a solid enough base.

I don't hate him. He's not good enough to progress us, he will be gone for next season, and we'll get a new better manager in. That's the correct decision.

Ideally Bruce will go on to get another PL job where he can fuck up big time like he has all his career, and that will be the end of the Bruce sympathy bandwagon. At least he won't have time to wreak the damage here.

Ideally Bruce will go on to get another PL job where he can fuck up big time like he has all his career, and that will be the end of the Bruce sympathy bandwagon. At least he won't have time to wreak the damage here.

How many points did he need to get, for you to say he did an "okay job"?

I'd give the credit to the Rafa coaching the previous 3 years. I don't think he did an okay job, he was just there.

I'd give the credit to the Rafa coaching the previous 3 years. I don't think he did an okay job, he was just there.

So we put a guy in off the street, we're on 35 points atm? Team spirit still the same?

So we put a guy in off the street, we're on 35 points atm? Team spirit still the same?

People won't just look at a number. They'll take everything into account. Style of play, performance, tactics, team selection, post match analysis and of course, compliance with an already toxic club management.

I'd say that in Bruce's case the points on the board are in spite of a shambolic performance in every aspect of his job.

People won't just look at a number. They'll take everything into account. Style of play, performance, tactics, team selection, post match analysis and of course, compliance with an already toxic club management.

I'd say that in Bruce's case the points on the board are in spite of a shambolic performance in every aspect of his job.

How many points did we need on the board, for you to say he's done an okay job? It's not a difficult question to answer.

How many points did we need on the board, for you to say he's done an okay job? It's not a difficult question to answer.

There is no number. I'll be big enough to say that i'll never accept what he does because I think that everything we get is in spite of him and not because of him.

If you are prepared to give him credit for the number of points on the board then that's fair enough. Personally, I'm not.

There is no number. I'll be big enough to say that i'll never accept what he does because I think that everything we get is in spite of him and not because of him.

If you are prepared to give him credit for the number of points on the board then that's fair enough. Personally, I'm not.

There's no number  :lol: :lol:

We win the league. "Fuck that fat cunt, he deserves no credit for winning the league. He's fucking shite."

What the fuck are you about?

We win the league. "Fuck that fat cunt, he deserves no credit for winning the league. He's fucking shite."

Win the league :lol:

You've literally said no matter, no matter how points Bruce got, you'd never say he's done an OKAY job.

It's an insane comment. Think about it logically FFS.

You've literally said no matter, no matter how points Bruce got, you'd never say he's done an OKAY job.

How can you talk about logic when you are talking about Steve Bruce winning the league ?

As Newcastle fans, we have the perfect example in Alan Pardew. He managed once to get us to 5th thanks to some good fortune and a fantastic group of players. However he's clearly a terrible manager as the rest of his managerial record would prove.

I can only say again that I can't say that he's done an okay job because I don't believe that our current position is by his design.

Such an asinine and disingenuous question, if he had more points then we would be playing better football and he would get the credit he would deserve. As it stands the points on the table are contrary to the displays on the pitch, ergo he deserves no credit.

To the fact he's more than likely kept us up, he's played his part in facilitating the takeover by doing the minimum expected of him, does that deserve credit? Not really, in any normal club, with the financial outlay supposedly afforded to him, he's massively underperformed and he would be gone. Hell, in any normal club, he wouldn't have got the position to start with.

I don't hate Bruce, I hate the idiots that gave him the job, but he hasn't affected anything that would deserve him credit.

How can you talk about logic when you are talking about Steve Bruce winning the league ?

As Newcastle fans, we have the perfect example in Alan Pardew. He managed once to get us to 5th thanks to some good fortune and a fantastic group of players. However he's clearly a terrible manager as the rest of his managerial record would prove.

I can only say again that I can't say that he's done an okay job because I don't believe that our current position is by his design.

You've said no matter how points Bruce got, you would never say he's done an okay job.

It's a fucking crazy statement. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Such an asinine and disingenuous question, if he had more points then we would be playing better football and he would get the credit he would deserve. As it stands the points on the table are contrary to the displays on the pitch, ergo he deserves no credit.

To the fact he's more than likely kept us up, he's played his part in facilitating the takeover by doing the minimum expected of him, does that deserve credit? Not really, in any normal club, with the financial outlay supposedly afforded to him, he's massively underperformed and he would be gone. Hell, in any normal club, he wouldn't have got the position to start with.

I don't hate Bruce, I hate the idiots that gave him the job, but he hasn't affected anything that would deserve him credit.

Massively underperformed? 13th in the league. 35 points. That's massively underperformed?  :lol: :lol:

Honestly man this fucking board. All I've said is he's done an okay job this season. Not a good job. Not a great job. AN OKAY JOB.

We aren't talking about putting a man off the street, that's just a daft example. How about putting in a young coach who's doing well in one of the lower leagues? Do I think he could have done as well as Bruce? Yes I do, maybe better tbh. So in that context Bruce hasn't done okay, he's just landed on his feet.

We aren't talking about putting a man off the street, that's just a daft example. How about putting in a young coach who's doing well in one of the lower leagues? Do I think he could have done as well as Bruce? Yes I do, maybe better tbh. So in that context Bruce hasn't done okay, he's just landed on his feet.

So how many points then? Why won't you answer the question?