Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

I actually think the empty grounds aren't helping as he's becoming increasingly out of touch with none of that immediate feedback to performances.

The quotes the last few days from him have been absolutely rank.  Probably a new low for a Newcastle manager and that's saying something.

Yeah, these comments are much worse than I can remember from any manager.

I actually think the empty grounds aren't helping as he's becoming increasingly out of touch with none of that immediate feedback to performances.

The quotes the last few days from him have been absolutely rank.  Probably a new low for a Newcastle manager and that's saying something.

Yeah, these comments are much worse than I can remember from any manager.

Taking into account context, as well. 

He's under almost zero pressure and has been since the day he walked in, yet we're hearing this desperate, defensive, self preserving nonsense day after day.

They're helping in a way, as he would've been hounded to shit by now if fans had been in.

Guest neesy111

They're helping in a way, as he would've been hounded to shit by now if fans had been in.

I don't believe this one bit.

Surely he'd be getting massive abuse? We haven't played well for a year.

The fans never gave Pardew massive abuse and his squad produce the same horrible football for 5 years bar one season where everything lucked out.

The fans never gave Pardew massive abuse and his squad produce the same horrible football for 5 years bar one season where everything lucked out.

The majority went even further than that and got pissed off with the fans that did want to show their displeasure if I remember correctly.

The tactics and the way we play quote is Bruce talking shite. He has had enough time to get us playing good football and he can't keep talking like. Comes across really poorly.

But people getting pissed off about the Newport quote? Why? They have a decent home record in the cup. Beaten Leeds, Middlesbrough, Leicester and drawn with Spurs in home cup games over past few years.

Will be a tricky game in my eyes. We should win but they clearly can get a bigger scalp on their home ground.

Did he play decent football at Sheff Wed at any point?

Interesting view from a sheff weds fan back at the time:

I think he'll reach the 18 game mark and more.

If it wasn't Ashley in charge, perhaps I'd think differently, but I doubt he'll sack Bruce unless they're adrift at the bottom. Despite the lack of support for transfers, I think Newcastle have enough to stay around 16th/18th. Ashley won't want to be paying compo to Bruce, so he'll keep him in post. On the other hand, Bruce won't resign unless a better job comes up (highly unlikely). He's thick skinned, arrogant/confident, and will try to ignore the abuse from the fans. He'll still be there next July, looking forward to another season of struggle on the pitch, trying to wheeler deal in Waitrose with pennies in his pocket, whilst the abuse gets more and more vitriolic and he regrets his decision a year earlier.

I'm delighted he's coming out with this shite. It's making all those Bruce lovers on Twitter look like the morons they are.

I see he's still trying to blame Rafa for the way we play today despite having a net spend of 100 million, has brought in how many new personnel? And had 15 months to play the way he wants us to play.

The guy is an idiot and is doing what all shit managers do when they aren't good enough to be in the job, Blame everyone and anything but themselves.

just a pile of wet cat turds and he sets the team up in his own image.

What could he possibly still be blaming on rafa? players coming up and asking for daft things like a shape or a game plan? just go out there and play football son, tactics are overrated.

Once again though the buck stops with Ashley as he is the idiot that decided to get shot of Rafa and appoint this complete moron. No other club in world football would think replacing Rafa Benitez with Steve Bruce was a good idea apart from this one.

Once again though the buck stops with Ashley as he is the idiot that decided to get shot of Rafa and appoint this complete moron. No other club in world football would think replacing Rafa Benitez with Steve Bruce was a good idea apart from this one.

:thup:

This guy has to go man. It's ridiculous.

Mike Ashley must have Harry Redknapp coming up on his list of English managers. He's the best we could hope for from that lot.

Enough of a lad to throw up into fire places with Ashley, but will genuinely have the team play some decent football.

Redknapp always does well with foreign players from all over too. Surprised MA hasn't made more effort to get him.

This guy has to go man. It's ridiculous.

Mike Ashley must have Harry Redknapp coming up on his list of English managers. He's the best we could hope for from that lot.

Enough of a lad to throw up into fire places with Ashley, but will genuinely have the team play some decent football.

Redknapp always does well with foreign players from all over too. Surprised MA hasn't made more effort to get him.

He tried a few year ago but 'arry wouldn't move 'ap norf'.