Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Absolute cretin

Again this is bollocks. The man's a liar.

With him as manager, the performance is almost always s***. Can only think of a handful of exceptions where the football has been somewhat watchable.

Occasional decent results have been masking dreadful performances for his entire tenure.

Totally right, we're getting undeserved results and that's been consistent during his tenure. It gives the impression we're doing better than we are (the stats nerds: xPts we were on 31 or something last year, competing with only Norwich for bottom place according to that) and feeds into the narrative that Bruce is doing a fantastic job. After all, on face value we've drawn against Tottenham, we beat Chelsea, Man United, drawn to Man City. All these results, doing great yeah? We've been outperformed consistently by teams we should be competing with, Brighton in particular, and the few instances we do perform we can't keep it consistent. Other fans don't have to watch us every week, so their impression is often misinformed based on what they see, they see results. They don't see performances. And while it lasts, I'm all for lady luck giving us undeserved points. But when the luck runs out, we'll be facing a lot more than just an agenda-driven media

Think bacon head is getting a pretty smooth ride right now because there are no fans in stadiums. Yes, I know some of our fans in SJP weekly are like sheep when supporting us but it would not be as easy as it is now for him to get away with how pathetic the team has been playing from the back end of last season till now.

Think bacon head is getting a pretty smooth ride right now because there are no fans in stadiums. Yes, I know some of our fans in SJP weekly are like sheep when supporting us but it would not be as easy as it is now for him to get away with how pathetic the team has been playing from the back end of last season till now.

He gets a massively smooth ride at the moment with no crowd and no real feeling for what the supporters think of the team. I somehow doubt he reads the comments in the Chronicle, or comes on here when he clearly doesn't even look at how the opposition will actually play. The only pressure he gets is a few half arsed journalist questions.

Even with the current timidness of the home crowd, once they turn he's on a hiding to nothing. I reckon he'd go about 3 games before he was emulating the Pardew tears

He gets a massively smooth ride at the moment with no crowd and no real feeling for what the supporters think of the team. I somehow doubt he reads the comments in the Chronicle, or comes on here when he clearly doesn't even look at how the opposition will actually play. The only pressure he gets is a few half arsed journalist questions.

Even with the current timidness of the home crowd, once they turn he's on a hiding to nothing. I reckon he'd go about 3 games before he was emulating the Pardew tears

As it goes I wonder how this will effect managers across the leagues? Maybe the lack of pressure from supporters inside the stadium will see boards less likely to sack the managers?

The run Bruce had at the end of last season you would think with crowds there would have been quite obvious disapproval not just the "twitter horde"

is he still blaming rafa?

He's sort of indirectly blaming the fans (and maybe the media to an extent) because why else would it be only Newcastle where you'd get questioned for bad performances.

Such an unfathomably ridiculous statement.

Edwards at it again with some quotes, brand new https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/29/steve-bruce-understand-criticism-comes-newcastle-united-manager/

"If I make a substitution, how we play, formation, everything. I understand one thing. Our performances against Brighton and against Tottenham were nowhere near what we are capable of. I accept, I get criticism for that, but it's the constant: 'He doesn't know what he is doing. Why has he picked this team? This is the way forward. We should be playing like this blah blah blah.'" Stands out for me

"But we have another wonderful opportunity against Newport and a club like ours can win five or six games. It would be great to park it until after Christmas knowing we have got a quarter-final to come. That would be something to look forward to." This as well

He's fucking brilliant at telling us what things aren't, but can never say what they are. It's similar to his regular routine of saying "I'm not making excuses but..." and then making a metric fucktonne of excuses.

So why are we shit? Are the players not good enough? Say it!

As for being patient, you've been in charge for over a year you fucking seeping vat of beef tallow. Fucking do something.

:lol: :lol:

Seeping vat of beef tallow :lol:

Absolute cretin

Again this is bollocks. The man's a liar.

With him as manager, the performance is almost always s***. Can only think of a handful of exceptions where the football has been somewhat watchable.

Occasional decent results have been masking dreadful performances for his entire tenure.

Totally right, we're getting undeserved results and that's been consistent during his tenure. It gives the impression we're doing better than we are (the stats nerds: xPts we were on 31 or something last year, competing with only Norwich for bottom place according to that) and feeds into the narrative that Bruce is doing a fantastic job. After all, on face value we've drawn against Tottenham, we beat Chelsea, Man United, drawn to Man City. All these results, doing great yeah? We've been outperformed consistently by teams we should be competing with, Brighton in particular, and the few instances we do perform we can't keep it consistent. Other fans don't have to watch us every week, so their impression is often misinformed based on what they see, they see results. They don't see performances. And while it lasts, I'm all for lady luck giving us undeserved points. But when the luck runs out, we'll be facing a lot more than just an agenda-driven media

People remember the performances against top clubs [because they actually watch those] more than the Tuesday nights in Stoke.

Forget the spat with Keane, listening to Klopp is like being on another planet to Bruce. I know he's one of the top managers in the World but fuck me, Bruce will never ever ever begin to comprehend these kind of tactics.

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders, licks his lips and gives it the old "we go again next week, the boys are ready"

Guest Cheesy Beans

I can't think of a single game where we played well but still lost

The Leicester game last season in the cup, maybe?

But that’s being generous with the term ‘played well’. Plus it was also a draw, technically.

Two people that should never have been anywhere near management, but because they were captains got carried away by their own hype.

It's all well and good leading by example on the pitch, being the general prepared to die for the cause, in the heat of battle. But that becomes tiresome in the day to day.

‘Not haf as sloppy ass zat time you vanked off zat hund, eh Roy meine freunde, eh?’

Sorry, but meine is the feminine or plural version. I was in tears until that point and it ruined the whole joke for me. Really let yourself (and more importantly the forum) down there.