Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

No point sacking him till a replacement is in place and if that replacement is mark Hughes then they can just fuck off

I'd take Hughes over this fat cunt any day. Hughes is shit, we all know that but hes better than cabbage heed.

Thing with McClaren as well - they actually had Benitez's people rapping on the door. Would they even have got rid of him had that not been the case? And, in the absence of a world clad manager begging then for the opportunity, if Bruce's recruitment is anything to go by, they'd have a job locating and convincing someone competent.

Can't understand comments like "he sacked yet?" or "how is he still in the job?" You're several months, if not years, premature with comments like that. He's going absolutely f***ing NOWHERE, just get it out of your heads.

If the takeover doesn't happen before then I'd put money on Bruce being manager on the first day of next season.

Except your argument is flawed if he keeps on losing , you can’t see where he can turn this around can you? The stakes are way higher this time , I fully expect him to be sacked very soon , a lot of the bravado is wishful thinking, it should be fact ......yet I agree it would be no surprise to see him taking us down and still be in that dugout under Ashley and PIF dead and buried . Happy fuking days .

I think people are putting too much hope and getting too invested with this PIF thing like. If it really was ongoing and close then no way would Bruce still be here putting it all in jeopardy.

I think the stakes are exactly the same as 2016 in that Ashley seems perfectly willing to gamble again and as Yorkie[/member] said he won’t have a world class manager approaching him this time.

Rafa was amazing and he is my number one choice to build the club after the takeover, but I was still disappointed he couldn't save us as he is not a firefighter type manager and if they leave it much more than this weekend I'm not sure he could again.

Rafa was amazing and he is my number one choice to build the club after the takeover, but I was still disappointed he couldn't save us as he is not a firefighter type manager and if they leave it much more than this weekend I'm not sure he could again.

i think he deffo could. his defence is still here. still got the longstaffs, miggy and hayden. am sure he could do something to help the supply to wilson and shore up the defense.

but of course there is 0% chance of him ever here again under ashley.

Thing with McClaren as well - they actually had Benitez's people rapping on the door. Would they even have got rid of him had that not been the case? And, in the absence of a world clad manager begging then for the opportunity, if Bruce's recruitment is anything to go by, they'd have a job locating and convincing someone competent.

Can't understand comments like "he sacked yet?" or "how is he still in the job?" You're several months, if not years, premature with comments like that. He's going absolutely f***ing NOWHERE, just get it out of your heads.

If the takeover doesn't happen before then I'd put money on Bruce being manager on the first day of next season.

Except your argument is flawed if he keeps on losing , you can’t see where he can turn this around can you? The stakes are way higher this time , I fully expect him to be sacked very soon , a lot of the bravado is wishful thinking, it should be fact ......yet I agree it would be no surprise to see him taking us down and still be in that dugout under Ashley and PIF dead and buried . Happy fuking days .

Since my position changed from having absolutely no concern about us being relegated, to thinking we might be relegated, my views have become a bit unstable. :laugh: So this is my caveat to the following, which I realise somewhat contradicts my first post;

If he does keep losing, to the extent that we end up in the relegation zone, then I suppose you'd expect them to probably pull the trigger at some point and throw all the money in the world at someone like Pearson, like they did with Shearer. But I keep thinking, beyond all rational thought, we're somehow going to get a positive result out of nowhere and we'll be more or less back on the straight and narrow. One thing I'm certain of is they won't be dreaming of making a change at this point.

I think Bruce is only in trouble if we lost the next 3 which is just absurd.

Confidence will be so low at the moment because it's not like we've been unlucky in this run. If anything, the two points we did manage to get again 10 man Fulham and Liverpool were fortuitous.

I think any new manager will have one hell of a job to raise confidence levels that it is almost a forgone conclusion that we will go down.

Also no chance Ashley wouldn't wait until january window is over before any change anyway.

That's the other thing.

I can see us losing the next 3 but getting a couple loans in on the last day of the window. Bruce will tell Penfold and Ashley the loan players will make a difference (they won't) and he'll end up getting a further 4 or 5 games as a result (which we'll lose).

It's not quite as bad as Steve McClaren yet?

The alarm bells were screaming relegation, and the board just hung around week after week, Benitez was left with absolutely no chance of a miracle.

I think 3 or 4 games sooner and Rafa might have had more time to survive.

I can see similar mistakes, or they'll just stick with spam head

This is a way worse situation than Mclaren as back then we had a better squad, better players and more goals in the team. Also we were never constantly on the backfoot and had such little possession that we do now.

Rafa inherited Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, Cisse, Townsend, Mitrovic etc. Any new manager now hasn’t got anywhere near as much quality to work with. Grim times ahead

There's still more than enough decent players in the squad to keep us up in my opinion. It's effectively Rafa's squad that finished the season so well in 18/19 minus Perez & Rondon who've been replaced with Wilson, ASM and Fraser. We desperately need a cental midfielder mind and the longer he leaves this, the harder it is going to be to stop the rot.

This next week really could be pivotal in our future.

I just don’t see him getting sacked regardless of results, I think he will be there next season when we are in the championship

I wonder how many fans would turn up to St James if that was reality in 6-7 months time and fans could attend games again?

If we go down this time, I think we wont come back up for a while and Ashley's £300m asset will be more like £100m. 

Think we averaged something like 1.3 PPG when Benitez came in. Probably would have had us 10th/11th over the course of a season and that was coming in and taking on a totally unmotivated and uninterested squad where all the best players already had their eyes on their next move. If we'd brought him in 2 games earlier we would have stayed up.

Since my position changed from having absolutely no concern about us being relegated, to thinking we might be relegated, my views have become a bit unstable. :laugh: So this is my caveat to the following, which I realise somewhat contradicts my first post;

If he does keep losing, to the extent that we end up in the relegation zone, then I suppose you'd expect them to probably pull the trigger at some point and throw all the money in the world at someone like Pearson, like they did with Shearer. But I keep thinking, beyond all rational thought, we're somehow going to get a positive result out of nowhere and we'll be more or less back on the straight and narrow. One thing I'm certain of is they won't be dreaming of making a change at this point.

I get that, going of past experience these fukers are so thick they just don’t see it mate.

It feels different this time, just intuition on my behalf , I will probably be way off but realistically if he loses to Villa he can’t go on.

Personally I was expecting him gone by now  :lol:

Thing is, anyone at this stage is better than this fat cunt.

The players have clearly stopped playing for him and he thinks sticking them in random formations on a whim is somehow going to produce results.

All of the managers mentioned so far would bring back some sort of organisation and dedication to the cause. This fat mess gives them ‘optional’ training sessions for fuck sake.

Subscribed to Undr the Cosh and not once has Brucie come up...

They've had plenty of middle league plodders on, talkling s**** about their average careeers, but never yet hear scone against Wor Steve!

Barely a mentioned. Geoff Horsfield talking about Brucie coming in and making them do fitness doggies than Man U  did, and Dugarry...

Don't listen to the Chris Kirkland episode then....

Aye, I did watch that him,

Watching it back, fair play -

"for Wigan that was incredible"

Not really that arsed if he gets sacked at this point. We could fluke our way to safety this season, and if the PIF takeover goes through I would rather wait for a first choice manager to walk through the door. We could hire a short term manager to the end of the season but I'm not exactly inspired by the suggestions put forward so far.

We could fluke our way to safety this season

We won't

if the PIF takeover goes through

It won't

ASM and Callum Wilson can still win games if we can keep it 0-0 long enough. It might be awful to watch but it's how we got to 19pts. Relegation is a real possibility, but so is getting to 36 pts.