Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Looks like the number 2 in any ITV detective series

Still don't get how this is going to help...this guy hasn't pulled up any trees anywhere he's been, and isn't exactly a 'yoing' up and coming star since he's 50 already, with his last involvement being taking Bournemouth down.

Maybe he's brought in to teach players what relegation looks like

Swansea played class football, Belgium are the No.1 ranked team in the world and Bournemouth played great football and took it to teams with budgets far larger than theirs for a few years in the PL. His credentials sound pretty good to me, especially when compared to our incumbent shower.

Still don't get how this is going to help...this guy hasn't pulled up any trees anywhere he's been, and isn't exactly a 'yoing' up and coming star since he's 50 already, with his last involvement being taking Bournemouth down.

Swansea played class football, Belgium are the No.1 ranked team in the world and Bournemouth played great football and took it to teams with budgets far larger than theirs for a few years in the PL. His credentials sound pretty good to me, especially when compared to our incumbent shower.

He's only been at Bournemouth a few months.

Will likely get the cold shoulder from Bruce and co. Every training session.

"..lovely insight, thanks for your input graeme. We will take that on board. I think I left something in my office, any chance you could get it?"

"Sure, What was it Steve?"

"Oh yeah.. anything really. Off you pop."

Think it would be the other way round, Bruce scurrying to pick up Graeme's phone which he left on his desk (Bruce's).

He's only been at Bournemouth a few months.

Fair enough, but the rest of his career is pretty impressive and there's one overwhelming factor in all of it - technical and tactical coaching and an attractive style of play.

Agree.  Very odd comment.  What's to say that Bruce is going to listen to his 'neutral opinion'?  bearing in mind "I've got 20 years managerial experience you know!"

Will be very interesting to see the interaction (if any) between the pair of them at next match on the touchline.

You have to wonder what the players make of all this. It’s not normal. An assistant coach doesn’t get all this publicity & interviews with the club website, his quotes aren’t your typical assistant coach quotes either

Just watching the video - agree with other comments, very odd to go to such extent for another 'assistant head coach'. They didn't even do that when longserving former player Steve Harper joined the coaching staff, did they?

First 3 or 4 minutes was him/them drumming in that he's a geordie and a Newcastle supporter (season ticket holding family, was at Keegans first debut, etc, etc).

Then his role:

"I'm coming in here to help, to offer a different opinion. The longer I stay neutral the better, I think the more supportive I can be in that role. I'll always tell the truth (said whilst shaking his head), and I'll always be honest with my opinion (again, shaking head as he says that). You have to do that in the right manner, ultimately it's up to Steve whether he uses that opinion or that advice, or little bits of it to help us going forward."

Then last bit, all about bigging up his CV, his time with Belgium, etc. Then talking about this squad, calloing them good players, and finding a system to suit them.

Yep, definitely talking like he's got bigger remit/plans than just being a 'neutral' here to offer bits of advice, that might not even be taken.

Bruce's replacement. All the coverage for just a coach? He's here to give a neutral opinion?

Very strange. I think he's here to takeover as caretaker manager when the inevitable happens to cabbage head.

It’s a bizarre situation. Only thing I can see is that he is effectively manager because they don’t want to pay Bruce off and he won’t resign.

Haven’t a clue who in the club would propose a move like this either.

Really?

It’s a bizarre situation. Only thing I can see is that he is effectively manager because they don’t want to pay Bruce off and he won’t resign.

Haven’t a clue who in the club would propose a move like this either.

Really?

Apparently it was Graham Carr.

I think they've gone for a halfway house move. I believe they can sack him on the cheap if drops in to bottom 3 - so will wait until then, and at that point will have the caretaker in place to takeover. Or, the new "assistant head coach" will help Bruce keep us out of bottom 3 and we stay up. In Ashley's eyes it covers both bases without sacking him at high cost or having to bring in a replacement.

The way Jones was talking it seems he's been brought in to take over for sure.

The bit he says about getting the best players on the pitch and getting the best out of them was very interesting, when you consider how Bruce has been slating the players after having spent £100 million since coming in. I'm pretty sure MA did not appreciate that.

Jones has a lot of really good experience with Martinez but his managerial experience is very light. Bringing him in after sacking Bruce would bring a lot more scrutiny rather than bringing him in initially as assistant head coach and then letting him take over once Bruce is gone.

I think he'll eventually take over as manager and I am all for it. Far more hope under him than Bruce IMO.

The way Jones was talking it seems he's been brought in to take over for sure.

The bit he says about getting the best players on the pitch and getting the best out of them was very interesting, when you consider how Bruce has been slating the players after having spent £100 million since coming in. I'm pretty sure MA did not appreciate that.

Jones has a lot of really good experience with Martinez but his managerial experience is very light. Bringing him in after sacking Bruce would bring a lot more scrutiny rather than bringing him in initially as assistant head coach and then letting him take over once Bruce is gone.

I think he'll eventually take over as manager and I am all for it. Far more hope under him than Bruce IMO.

Fucking hell, from Rafa Benitez to some cunt who nearly relegated Luton out of the Championship.