Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Literally the worst result/performance imaginable. We're no better off points wis but the the powers that be will also see the second half as a reason to give him more time.

Mike and Lee can't tell that 45 minutes of football from any other. If they were watching with the sound turned off Bruce won't have gained anything.

Danny Mills is saying Bruce has done a great job and the players are fighting for him. What f***ing planet is he on ffs? Absolute w*****.

So way off the mark, failure to see anything than what he's just watched.

Yes, it was a better showing, and however Bruceycliche it sounds - there were actual signs of improvement etc..

The thick moron can't analyse the game, and put the above into any sort of context and see it was an actual basketball match at times, and Fabian strolling past Bamford then through their hold midfield is not actually a sign he's motivated by Bruce getting sack or not.

That second half, however completely bonkers has given Bruce even more rope to hang himself with for Everton next. Perfect scenario, we lost still, so closer to drop - inevitable pressure still there. Two highlights two massive points though -

1 We've 'shown' everyone we can play, so where was that last 18months ffs? Even more angry to think we couldn't show that reaction against Brentford, Sheff U, Fulham, even Arsenal in cup, Liverpool or Leicester!!  :rant:

Why's it taken this long to get any sort of reaction from the side. Why has Bruce allowed us to play like turds for 18months? Even if this was a hangover from 'doing it his way' and that's taken a match or two to kick in, why has it taken 15 months to decide whatever before wasn't working?

2 Anything but a performance against Everton that has us showing similar bottle, energy and courage when passing and running forward it's totally 1 step forward, 5 back...

2.1 Can't go back to a 5 backline now Brucie, sit deep and let Tom Davies give Jeff the runaround, Yery Mina play in his slippers against Wilson etc. etc.

Looking forward to after Everton when Bruce has landed in the fire from the frying pan he's been sat in last months. We'll likely be back to same reactive, men behind the ball approach and Everton won't let us get a hold in the game unlike Leeds, so we'll have no answer going forward.

Humpty Dumpty has now set himself up for an even bigger fall  :D :D

Best we’ve played in weeks and he hasn’t had chance to play his best team yet.

We had 20 shots and hit the bar if we keep going like that we will be ok.

That’s the gist of what he said.

Idiot!

Best we’ve played in weeks and he hasn’t had chance to play his best team yet.

We had 20 shots and hit the bar if we keep going like that we will be ok.

That’s the gist of what he said.

“Injuries and illnesses but I don’t like making excuse”

“Bielsa praised the team”

“Haven’t has the chance to put my best team out”

Fuck right off you cunt

More from Newcastle boss Steve Bruce, speaking to MOTD: "Any club, if you take out your best players going forward, they make such a huge difference.

"Fraser has been the one, along with Almiron, who lift the place up with their ability and to be more of a goal threat, we need Ryan Fraser to stay fit.

"If he stays well and Almiron stays well, then hopefully that will create enough to hopefully get us where we want to be.

"This league is demanding and cruel at times. I don't know if I've been on a worse run in 20 years but tonight, I've seen a little bit of something and we will start again tomorrow."

Interesting that he doesn’t mention ASM.

It does feel like he's bought himself more time somehow, but it would be the Ashleyiest thing to sack him after a game we looked alright in. Heres hoping.

I’m sorry, but if you are thinking about sacking a manager, and they have been on the run that Bruce has, then even if they play well but still lose, he has to go.

It does feel like he's bought himself more time somehow, but it would be the Ashleyiest thing to sack him after a game we looked alright in. Heres hoping.

Imm sorry, but if you are thinking about sacking a manager, and they have been on the run that Bruce has, then even if they play well but still lose, he has to go.

Well yeah, thats what i'm saying.

Guest neesy111

Imm sorry, but if you are thinking about sacking a manager, and they have been on the run that Bruce has, then even if they play well but still lose, he has to go.

Exactly, we still lost and deservedly so after the 1st half performance when we should've been at least 2 down.

Don't think a defeat where we looked semi-decent against a newly promoted side with a notoriously shite defence will change anything tbh. McClaren's last win (v a shite WBA where we won 1-0 but did create chances) came 3 games before his sacking. Should've gone after the following game mind but hey, still think it doesn't change much.