Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

At this point I would be very happy with seeing Bruce get canned and Jones fully taking over and getting the team playing much better and doing well enough to stay up comfortably, just to see Bruce fully exposed for the charlatan he is.

Again...what exactly in Jones record makes anyone think he's going to improve us?  Unless I've missed something I don't see much past a few years of mediocrity at low level. Fair enough if he was 20, but this guy is 50 and isn't exactly a newby to coaching

I understand your point completely. My statement was a 100% wishful thinking believe me, It's just what I would love to see happen.

The guy has at least been in and around successful environments and has worked with some really talented players also, and so who knows, we might luck out with him somehow. Here's hoping. If the alternative is Bruce we all know how that is going to end anyway.

We know MA isn't going to bring in a top manager that is going to be more demanding of him and so our only hope is a guy who is more of a head coach that has more current and legitimate ideas that can get more out of our players.

We can only just hope that his lack of success at Luton was more down to a lack of technical players to carry out his ideas. Between Wilson, Almiron, ASM and Fraser he will have 4 players with more than enough of that ability, that should be able to cause a lot of problems going forward, who haven't been allowed to yet under Bruce almighty.

At this point I would be very happy with seeing Bruce get canned and Jones fully taking over and getting the team playing much better and doing well enough to stay up comfortably, just to see Bruce fully exposed for the charlatan he is.

Again...what exactly in Jones record makes anyone think he's going to improve us?  Unless I've missed something I don't see much past a few years of mediocrity at low level. Fair enough if he was 20, but this guy is 50 and isn't exactly a newby to coaching

Lots of great assistant coaches that don't make the grade as a manager/head coach. If he can get shit down behind the scenes then great - even if it's getting the players settled and training properly

Bournemouth fans don’t seem to rate him as a assistant coach either :lol:

Apparently he has turned down the offer of a 'resignation but you'll still get a decent payoff' option and is staying until he gets sacked.

Graeme Jones appointment was a punishment of sorts. Feel they'll be more of these things happening in the next few weeks.

Presuming it'll cost more to sack him than they've offered in resignation money?

Lots of great assistant coaches that don't make the grade as a manager/head coach. If he can get shit down behind the scenes then great - even if it's getting the players settled and training properly

Bournemouth fans don’t seem to rate him as a assistant coach either :lol:

Was that before or after he dumped them? lol

More punishments in the next few weeks for Bruce :lol:

"Mike Ashley announces club dust tax"

"NUFC agree canteen catering deal with Veggie Plant Kitchen"

"Newcastle Council: people with middle name Roger banned from local takeaways"

His agent has probably advised against it, especially if there's a big discrepancy between the two figures.

Your source still hopeful of the takeover happening though?

Actually, yes but that's his personal opinion as he's no longer privy to the information.

Imagine someone asking you if you want to resign and still sticking around for the payoff. If he had any morals he would have quit and then taken them to arbitration for constructive dismissal.

As long as he's only been appointed to see us safely avoid relegation. Would not like to think he's any sort of long term solution as that can only mean the takeover is going nowhere.

Apparently he has turned down the offer of a 'resignation but you'll still get a decent payoff' option and is staying until he gets sacked.

Graeme Jones appointment was a punishment of sorts. Feel they'll be more of these things happening in the next few weeks.

I don't know what Jones' situation was down at Bournemouth but why on earth would you leave a job and come and join an utter shit show of a situation like this.

I bet the tension around the club is palpable.

Guest neesy111

I don't know what Jones' situation was down at Bournemouth but why on earth would you leave a job and come and join an utter shit show of a situation like this.

More money?

More money?

More money, bigger club, ”his” club

Perhaps this is why Bruce kept harping on recently about how he would never quit. Wonder if that was a message to MA.

Be interested to know who is advising Ashley to get Jones, no, way he or any of the people around him would have had any knowledge of him.

Graham Carr

That confirmed or opinion ?

If it's not Carr, difficult to see who else it could be since there's no one else with a clue about football inside the club. If you want the inside knowledge on where to bulk buy envelopes then Charnley's your man.

Interesting....so despite the usual BS that's been coming out the powers that be know it's endgame for him.  Just a matter of when, not if.

Perhaps this is why Bruce kept harping on recently about how he would never quit. Wonder if that was a message to MA.

By my reckoning this would be the first manager since Robson (who was honourably paid off in full) to have not had a negotiated exit