Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Not that it make much difference in the grand scheme of things, but surely Hughton would have been the better option? Well liked here and available for nowt, would have made much more sense.

There's the problem. Doubt Ashley would appoint anyone 'popular' with fans again.

I guess the approaches to Allardyce and Bruce kinda prove that.

Does no one on this forum remember how badly Ashley fucked Hughton over? Might as well recommend Keegan for a third term while you're at it, i'm sure he'd jump at the chance to be shafted by Ashley again as well.

No manager worth their salt would allow themselves to have people like Charnley and Ashley pick and buy players for them, under these restrictions you could never actually build a team.  No manager wants or is happy to stand still season after season.

Bruce isn't worth his salt. He's been a proven failure in the Premier, and is currently managing a side in the  championship. When is he likely to get the chance to manage at this level again?

Not that it make much difference in the grand scheme of things, but surely Hughton would have been the better option? Well liked here and available for nowt, would have made much more sense.

I think you and a few other people are in for a rude awakening when you find out there is enough people who actually attend games who will be happy to give local Bruce a fair chance.

I think you and a few other people are in for a rude awakening when you find out there is enough people who actually attend games who will be happy to give local Bruce a fair chance.

Not a 'rude awakening' at all, we all know that there are many people who do not really care about the club and its future at all.

They will all be there "cheering good old Brucie and Ashley along" at the tops of their voices.

me and mates just discussing who the worst possible choice could be (or best depending on your perspective), first lad: Dennis Wise

game over

Dennis Wise would be ideal if you were looking for an angry response from the fans. That is where Ashley has been crafty in going for a man with Newcastle roots to try and get the dimwit fan section onside.

Really struggling to see any logic to any of this. It seems more vindictive than logical.

They’ve panicked. Allardyce was clearly 1st choice. No one else wants it.

This is a guy that appointed Kinnear

after he's appointed just think of the Ashley love-in on SkySports and TalkSport.

Wise, Nolan, Ferdinand etc all trotted out to say how great Mike is in appointing a propa geordie

Guest chopey

As its been said on here a thousand times anyone that is prepared to accept the job under Ashley's conditions with Charnley as your boss is automatically the wrong person for the job.

Is this a wind up?

In what way? I'm just questioning why they didn't go for Hughton given that he was available for nowt?

Is this a wind up?

In what way? I'm just questioning why they didn't go for Hughton given that he was available for nowt?

Because he'd never come back as he's dealt with these charlatans before, and was totally disrespected.

Is this a wind up?

Question asked a few hours ago is all, caused the same uproar :lol:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=103091.msg7033049#msg7033049

Unless you've secretly been Gallowgate End all along?!?!

Is this a wind up?

Because there is zero chance of him saying yes after Ashley shat on him, don't you remember? Howay man  :lol: