Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So he gets his season in charge finishes in a respectable position, takeover is confirmed and he is graciously let go. Bruce gets to come out ahead and gets another PL job, we get a decent manager.

Win win all round there

I wouldn't be so sure about that tbh.

He'll get the West Ham gig in the Championship next season.

Guest Butcher

:anguish:

What do you disagree with? The mentality of the club is, above all, the very reason we're all craving the change in regime. Do you not think Bruce is small-time?

I think Bruce is realistic in terms of how we're being run as a football club atm. 12th for us under Ashley is decent no matter how you look at it.

Avoiding relegation - check. Anything above that is job well done.

:anguish:

What do you disagree with? The mentality of the club is, above all, the very reason we're all craving the change in regime. Do you not think Bruce is small-time?

I think Bruce is realistic in terms of how we're being run as a football club atm. 12th for us under Ashley is decent no matter how you look at it.

Avoiding relegation - check. Anything above that is job well done.

Yorkie is just looking for things to moan about. Win 3-0 at home, and he is micro analysing some fairly tame quote from Bruce, so he can be offended.

Bruce has been ridiculously lucky results wise this season, really we should be right in the thick of it and you'd see him wobbling like f*** trying to self preservate.

You have the joint best home record with 12 goals conceded, you're going to pick up points. 10 clean sheets from 30 games. Total luck? Nothing but luck?

That isn't true, I certainly don't have to go looking and I don't see how it's micro-anslysing; he said it and it's right there in the one match report I read (BBC)!

It's a nothing quote and you're getting all worked up over it. It's weird.

Bruce has been ridiculously lucky results wise this season, really we should be right in the thick of it and you'd see him wobbling like f*** trying to self preservate.

You have the joint best home record with 12 goals conceded, you're going to pick up points. 10 clean sheets from 30 games. Total luck? Nothing but luck?

Dubs has been the busiest keeper on the planet, just so happens he's retained form or we'd be fucked. So many games where we deserved nothing and spawned our way with points. It's not sustainable. Same as pardew and his 5th, all about luck.

Dubs has been the busiest keeper on the planet, just so happens he's retained form or we'd be f***ed. So many games where we deserved nothing and spawned our way with points. It's not sustainable. Same as pardew and his 5th, all about luck.

You can't only concede 12 goals in 15 home games and think it's purely about luck. A ridiculous opinion.

Dubs has been the busiest keeper on the planet, just so happens he's retained form or we'd be f***ed. So many games where we deserved nothing and spawned our way with points. It's not sustainable. Same as pardew and his 5th, all about luck.

You can't only concede 12 goals in 15 home games and think it's purely about luck. A ridiculous opinion.

Sure  :lol:

That isn't true, I certainly don't have to go looking and I don't see how it's micro-anslysing; he said it and it's right there in the one match report I read (BBC)!

I'm being critical of the quote for sure; saying I'm getting 'worked up' is a bit baseless - I'm just raising a point that I feel strongly about, just as anyone may raise any other point.

In the context of the win and the reignited debate about whether or not Bruce should stay on after the takeover, I'm taking issue with and pointing out that his small-time Ashleyesque attitude is one very good reason why he shouldn't even be in the debate.

Guest Butcher

Almost like people forgot Rafa wanted to strive for more than survival

Yeah, and somehow Ashley tricked him into believing that he could take us up take league.

Wanting success is one thing, but we’ll never achieve it under Ashley no matter what.

The closest we ever came to some success was under Pardew.

I'm being critical of the quote for sure; saying I'm getting 'worked up' is a bit baseless - I'm just raising a point that I feel strongly about, just as anyone may raise any other point.

In the context of the win and the reignited debate about whether or not Bruce should stay on after the takeover, I'm taking issue with and pointing out that his small-time Ashleyesque attitude is one very good reason why he shouldn't even be in the debate.

Course you are being deliberately negative. If you actually watch the interview he talks about how they've told the players the focus is on catching the teams above and that they shouldn't be concerned with anyone below them. The whole interview is based around doing better than they are, the exact opposite of making do like you claim. That doesn't fit your overall agenda though, does it?

Course you are being deliberately negative. If you actually watch the interview he talks about how they've told the players the focus is on catching the teams above and that they shouldn't be concerned with anyone below them. The whole interview is based around doing better than they are, the exact opposite of making do like you claim. That doesn't fit your overall agenda though, does it?

Nope, I wasn't being deliberately negative but I will hold my hands up: my post was based on the one quote I saw in the article. I don't watch his interviews cos I can barely stomach looking at the bloke in a Newcastle tracksuit. :lol: If he said as you say, then fair enough; that's what the attitude should be and should always be. We all know that the goal of the club hasn't been to better ourselves, that's why we're all craving this takeover.

My agenda is wanting a better calibre of football people at the club and the poorer ones away from it, particularly those who I see as being disingenuous and enabling of the Ashley regime.

Sheff United were objectively f***ing awful lol. I know butcher loves him like, but it was 0-0 before the red card, and I wouldn't say we were bossing the game. Horrific defensive error, and horrific keeping for both goals, i'm glad we are safe but there was nothing special about this. Sheffield United looked completely dead and for some reason Wilder decided to throw more forward when they were a man down when we could easily counter them with pace. Weird from him as he's been great all season

I don't love him. Not at all. I do think he's done a good job this season (result wise) and I think he gets way too much undeserved stick on here.

I want him gone when the takeover is confirmed, but I think he can be proud of what he's achieved here this season.

Right, but if you look at every single available metric we are ranked 20th? does that not point you to the fact that we are picking up results despite him, not because of him?

That is unsustainably bad. It's also a strange season, not dismissing Sheffield United's season but any remotely decent Prem season would not have them anywhere near the position they are in. There's a dearth of quality teams in the league this season and it shows.

I'm not disputing he's shit, but this isn't remotely true  :lol:

There are many metrics where we aren't. Points being one of them and goals conceded being another.

You’re imposing a glass ceiling on yourself ultimately and he was the continuity candidate - yes by some logic he’s earned a chance but we all know what it’s going to take for new owners to show a step change - and that means Bruce is on borrowed time