Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sorry if Giggs, but just seen these quotes from Shelvey...

Jonjo Shelvey talking to NUFC TV:

“We know that we have got character.

Probably going back two or three years ago, we probably would have just tried lumping the ball into the box but the gaffer wants us to play.

“We have took a lot of criticism to be fair over the past couple of weeks about not creating enough chances and stuff like that.

“We worked on it yesterday to keep going, keep probing and keep passing the ball.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/10/jonjo-shelvey-credits-steve-bruce-for-win-says-under-rafa-would-have-just-been-lumping-the-ball-newcastle-united/

So, 'lumping it' under Rafa, but I guess Bruceball is something akin to Barcelona, eh??  :idiot2:

Probably going back two or three years ago, we probably would have just tried lumping the ball into the box but the gaffer wants us to play.

“We have took a lot of criticism to be fair over the past couple of weeks about not creating enough chances and stuff like that.

“We worked on it yesterday to keep going, keep probing and keep passing the ball.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/10/jonjo-shelvey-credits-steve-bruce-for-win-says-under-rafa-would-have-just-been-lumping-the-ball-newcastle-united/

So, 'lumping it' under Rafa, but I guess Bruceball is something akin to Barcelona, eh??  :idiot2:

That is an absolutely astonishing quote. He can fuck right off. He was finished under Rafa ie a proper manager. Him and Bruce deserve each other, just a shame it's at our club.

That is an absolutely astonishing quote. He can fuck right off. He was finished under Rafa ie a proper manager. Him and Bruce deserve each other, just a shame it's at our club.

Aye, was just gonna say, Shelvey will love Bruceball, as he's now probably first name on the team sheet.

👍

“Probably going back two or three years ago, we probably would have just tried lumping the ball into the box but the gaffer wants us to play.

We worked on it yesterday to keep going, keep probing and keep passing the ball.

Explains a lot. 

Dear Lord - absolute brain-dead idiot

He never fucking said that did he? :lol:

Fraser said he met Howe few weeks back at a cafe or somewhere and had a long chat so dont think that would be an issue

Contrast what Fraser did to Matty Longstaff's situation and then look at the way the two respective managers have dealt with it. :lol:

So if the manager is encouraging passing football and it's not his fault, does that mean we just have worse players than Brighton, Blackburn, Newport etc? Is that what Shelvey's getting at?

Mind in his case it's probably true, the young lad Twine from Newport was giving him the runaround all game.

You feel like another year or two down the line he'll be spouting the same old shit - "we're not ready to change to my attacking style yet" and "we need to be better that's for sure" whilst doing nothing to actually get there. He'd be still saying it in 100 years time if Ashley and him managed to live that long.

He's like Future Mr. Burns in the Rosebud episode of the Simpsons. "Bobo, I know I say this every half century, but I really will make the team more attacking but we're just not ready yet"

latest?cb=20151211222240

then u get replies like

"Rafa always blamed the so called lack of investment for his down falls. Bruce just gets on with his job and that's why he got more investment. Look at the so called saviour now, he is doing shit in a league he should dominate."

unfuckingbelievable.