Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

He’s the reason I can’t enjoy things fully. I know Ashley’s there but under Benitez it was easier to separate the two for me, whereas this bloke is an extension of Ashley.

:thup:

I'm still full expecting him to fuck it up eventually.

He’s the reason I can’t enjoy things fully. I know Ashley’s there but under Benitez it was easier to separate the two for me, whereas this bloke is an extension of Ashley.

It’s Pardew all over again.

Agree with ON.

We’re where we are because there are some top teams having difficulties beneath us which undoubtedly won’t last. Signs of trouble are pretty clear when your strikers can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

His actions after Joelinton's miss in the 1st half were terrible. Acting that way when one of your few strikers, especially the kind of striker you need to play like this, is gonna do nothing to help him. This club is sitting where it is in the table because of the mentality Rafa installed into the players, especially the back line. Lots of effort and half the time Bruce acts with petulance. These guys are pouring everything they got into the games and Bruce is kicking water bottles and shaking his head.

I understand being disappointed in the goal output of the attackers but at the same time, try lifting them up and urging them forward rather than complete scenes of frustration. Just my take I guess. I just think a manager should have more professionalism than what a fan would have if he had some water bottles in front of him watching the attack squander opportunities.

Of course he will. The only way he can have a good season is if the front three start firing. You can't expect defenders to score 2 goals every game.

His actions after Joelinton's miss in the 1st half were terrible. Acting that way when one of your few strikers, especially the kind of striker you need to play like this, is gonna do nothing to help him. This club is sitting where it is in the table because of the mentality Rafa installed into the players, especially the back line. Lots of effort and half the time Bruce acts with petulance. These guys are pouring everything they got into the games and Bruce is kicking water bottles and shaking his head.

I understand being disappointed in the goal output of the attackers but at the same time, try lifting them up and urging them forward rather than complete scenes of frustration. Just my take I guess. I just think a manager should have more professionalism than what a fan would have if he had some water bottles in front of him watching the attack squander opportunities.

:thup: 100%

Of course he will. The only way he can have a good season is if the front three start firing. You can't expect defenders to score 2 goals every game.

I think they will tbh. They’ve got quality between them, I think it will click for them.

I think they will tbh. They’ve got quality between them, I think it will click for them.

Yeah it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could still get 15-20 goals between them. You get a game where a couple of them get on the scoresheet and the confidence might go through the roof.

Would love him to talk an interviewer how he approached the game today and what his instructions were over the 96 minutes.

He wouldn't fucking be able to. But he'll be fucking smug and full of dour cliches in interviews he gives.

His tactical nous extends to sticking Carroll on for Joelinton and have him get back and defend and putting Atsu on for one of ASM or Almiron, far too late in the game.

He is, and always will be, a thoroughly dislikable cunt.

Yeah it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could still get 15-20 goals between them. You get a game where a couple of them get on the scoresheet and the confidence might go through the roof.

Pretty sure Perez only had 1-2 at this time last season for instance.

Sigh he's been practical and changed tack to fix things, signs of being capable enough just about. I expect the defensive strength to diminish as I think he lacks rafas attention to detail and Rafas drilling will fade. I think we'll struggle, we've scored a few goals last few games but feels like exception not rule when our front 3 still can't finish. He has clearly kept players on side though. His subs are terrible though and we can't control end of games as whatever we are at he wants us hoofing to carroll at the end. Still he's done ok.

If those of us who are boycotting were only upset about Bruce of course this would be reason to double think. Short term thinking is ruining this club, both in how it's run and in fans who think every good patch means everythings looking good forever, the damage has already been done. We should not be fighting relegation, and we will be. We should not even be in the frame, and the absurdity is that we don't need to be even under Ashley's investment levels, the problems are a) not trusting in Rafa to get job done so allowed him to spend on whoever he wanted to, and b) regardless of who the manager is always undermining, always buying speculations etc. I think Joelinton has promise but that £40m could be spent so much better clearly.

And then it's all the tackiness, the lack of class etc.

I am not celebrating wholeheartedly every loss, and I remain quite happy to see us win, but I am torn cos I know a death spiral would facilitate the end of Ashley quicker. However unfortunately he will always do just enough to avoid it and for some reason a lot of fans think going down to championship every few seasons is perfectly acceptable. Madness of course. I don't get anywhere near the joy out of us winning I did even last season but I won't lie and pretend I'm miserable at it though which is maybe bad. I do get annoyed at people crowing at those who do celebrate, and those who think us boycotters aren't sufficient fans or something. We all want Newcastle to be better, I don't want to contrbute to ashley to perpetuate it but don't think watching from afar does much harm. I won't start tearing into our own fanbase. I am more angry at media continually misrepresenting the arguments and defending ashley for nonsense etc etc.

Pretty sure Perez only had 1-2 at this time last season for instance.

Aye, Joelinton's not getting on the end of many, but Almiron and Maximin are getting 2-3 chances every game. Wouldn't take much for all three of them to get 5-6 goals each and that's enough for top 10.

When you see how we've been under Rafa and Bruce, it make me wonder about how much managers really matter. Is their role overstated? As long as the dressing room is in harmony and there's 11 players out there.

You have to keep in mind these are mostly Rafa players playing a Rafa formation with Rafa tactics. You remember what happened at Norwich and Leicester this year when tactics and formation were changed

The result at Norwich is something I could see happening under Rafa, not so much Leicester.

Don't Bruce teams usually start well and then fade?  Can see that happening here as well

I’m actually going the other way with it. :lol:

If the front three were banging them in you’d think they can’t keep that up. 1/3 of the way through the season and they’ve scored 1. The chances of going 2/3s and only scoring 2-3 goals is pretty much impossible. Think they’ll all get somewhere between 5-9 each and we’ll be around 12-14th.