Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I understand the dislike/mistrust of having Steve Bruce as our manager. I think some of the criticism is OTT, others clearly disagree. My point was more just because someone (usually as journalist) appears to write/say something vaguely pro-Bruce, they are not then by default, automatically anti-Rafa.

You are allowed to have loved Rafa, but still hope Bruce is successful....

I'll be happy to give Bruce credit when I can see his input having a positive effect. At the moment he's admitted himself he's basically just letting the players operate as they did under Rafa. Jenas mentioned on MOTD that under him the full backs are getting forward more, but when I asked those who saw the whole game, they said it was just same as normal.

He criticised Rafa's defensive drilling of the team, so sooner or later you would expect to see us playing more expansive football. Why settle for 30% possession stats when you can have 50-60%?

Great article that mind.

I can't recall the Spaniard (for those that don't know that he means he's from Spain (where Benidorm is) which isn't Newcastle, England) ever staying past the final whistle to congratulate the team.

iirc he'd be straight down the tunnel and straight down the motorway to Liverpool (for those that don't know that's not near Newcastle. Unlike Wallsend where local lad & boyhood Newcastle supporter, Bruce is from #geordie) where he'd come up with plans to make the players train in training rather than have a laugh.

Disgusting really looking back at it.

I'll be happy to give Bruce credit when I can see his input having a positive effect. At the moment he's admitted himself he's basically just letting the players operate as they did under Rafa. Jenas mentioned on MOTD that under him the full backs are getting forward more, but when I asked those who saw the whole game, they said it was just same as normal.

He criticised Rafa's defensive drilling of the team, so sooner or later you would expect to see us playing more expansive football. Why settle for 30% possession stats when you can have 50-60%?

Rafa Benitez must just laugh at the rubbish our pundits and local journalists come out with :laugh:

He’s using the exact same system they’ll be saying Bruce is getting Dubravka more forward in it next.

Ritchie put among the highest amount of crosses in the league last season from left wing back.

Watch the Rondon goal away at Watford & the Perez goal away at Leicester & the Longstaff goal vs Burnley & the Atsu goal at home to Liverpool all from Ritchie being high and crossing from the byline.

And his goal at Bournemouth.

And watch the Yedlin goal against Man City away from right wing back it’s not any different.

They’re making it out as though that’s something special and different. Why would they write that for any other reason?

Because they are trying to big Bruce up, as they do with all our managers. Let’s not pretend there wasn’t plenty of similar articles written about Rafa (granted you might say more deservingly so...), but praising Bruce has nothing to do with being anti-Benitez, at least not amongst local journos anyway, who were generally  massively pro-Benitez when he was here.

Totally agree, we need to rid ourselves of this Benitez paranoia, he’s gone let’s move on .Bruce will never be liked in the same way , getting on his back is undeserved though and makes us look like twats in truth.

:lol: sorry but I don't see anything worth moving on to, at all.

Totally agree, we need to rid ourselves of this Benitez paranoia, he’s gone let’s move on .

this is exactly, exactly what they want to happen and have expected it to happen since the moment they signed bruce

it's ashleys MO at NUFC, do whatever the fuck he wants because our daft cunt fans will get over it, indeed it'll all blow over in the words of his PR guy

thanks for posts like this, fuck steve bruce and the lot of them

Once again, fans calling into Totalsport last night, claiming that the team is starting to settle and click with 'Bruces tactics', and the football is more expansive and more exciting to watch than under Benitez, now that Bruce is playing with 3 up front.

Under Benitez we played a regimented one up front withn Rondon, who was isolated a lot of the time, apparently.

90% of the TotalSport callers are absolute whoppers.

They've got no one else to talk to now that their wife has finally divorced them so they spend every night phoning a talk show to inflate their ego over a club "legend" recognising them.

Once again, fans calling into Totalsport last night, claiming that the team is starting to settle and click with 'Bruces tactics', and the football is more expansive and more exciting to watch than under Benitez, now that Bruce is playing with 3 up front.

Under Benitez we played a regimented one up front withn Rondon, who was isolated a lot of the time, apparently.

£4m well spent on compo for Bruce tbh, a local manager for local fans. Ashley laughs all the way to London while getting paid for it.

What do you expect from people that get their opinion from what they’ve read in Mike Ashley’s mouthpiece = The Chronicle.

According to Mark Douglas we would have less points with Rafa if he had our most expensive Newcastle lineup since promotion that Bruce has.

Even though Benitez won 4 of his first 8 Premier League games when we got promoted.

And Rafa did it with £5m Joselu upfront.

What do you expect from people that get their opinion from what they’ve read in Mike Ashley’s mouthpiece = The Chronicle.

According to Mark Douglas we would have less points with Rafa if he had our most expensive Newcastle lineup since promotion that Bruce has.

Even though Benitez won 4 of his first 7 Premier League games when we got promoted and had the same 15 point totals at this stage.

Have you got a link to the bit in bold?

Also we won 3 of our first 7 that season, but i'm just being pedantic pointing that out.

Even though Benitez won 4 of his first 7 Premier League games when we got promoted and had the same 15 point totals at this stage.

Also we won 3 of our first 7 that season, but i'm just being pedantic pointing that out.

It’s in the replies to his full credit Bruce tweet.

Some Newcastle fan said I’d argue Rafa would have us higher with this squad and he went “I wouldn’t”.

*Won 4 of our first 9 you’re right :thup:

It’s in the replies to his full credit Bruce tweet.

Some Newcastle fan said I’d argue Rafa would have us higher with this squad and he went “I wouldn’t”.

Won 4 of our first 8 you’re right :thup:

Thanks, i'll have a look.

If I'm going to continue to be pedantic, it was 4 of our first 9...

Cmon Mark Douglas.

If Rafa had his full strength 11 from end of last season + the same amount of money spent this summer to either chop and change that group. We’d be in the top 5-7 right now with some gap on the rest of the pack IMO. Not even going to listen to counter arguments to that.

Cmon Mark Douglas.

If Rafa had his full strength 11 from end of last season + the same amount of money spent this summer to either chop and change that group. We’d be in the top 5-7 right now with some gap on the rest of the pack IMO. Not even going to listen to counter arguments to that.

Douglas wasn't arguing that tho. The point was raised that Rafa would have THIS team higher, so same players, he disagreed.

Now you can certainly argue against that opinion, but let's not distort what was actually being discussed.

i'm not convinced we'd have been that much better off at this stage under rafa, end of the season a different story

In fairness we'd only have to be one win better off to be fifth, so perhaps you could justifiably claim "top 7" or something along those lines.

It just baffles me how many folk seem to take someone saying Bruce has done 'alright' or 'ok' as them saying 'he's better than Rafa'. Bizarre.