Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Well you could argue that the real difference is that Rafa had Rondon and Perez who are goal scorers and Bruce has Joelinton and ASM who aren't.

I'm  quite confident the first 2 would still be here had we given Rafa enough encouragement to stay. Tried and tested goal scorers. Instead we're having to chance our luck with Bruce, ASM and Joelinton.

Went in to work last night and sat for a cuppa in the canteen before my shift. Talk amongst colleagues turned to how much Mourhinio would get at Spurs. Someone chipped in with 'Well Rafa was on good money' then the icing on the cake was this bell end who has only had his ST for a couple of seasons and before then was a plastic Man U fan pipes up and says 'We're playing better football under Bruce'. If anyone thinks that then fair enough but i can't stand the suggestion we've dodged a bullet by losing Rafa. Went to work in a decent mood but it went downhill from there.

I haven't seen any evidence we are playing better football.

Bottom for average possession and the only team to have average possession in the thirties.

Bottom for passes into the final third this season and the only team to have under 100.

Bottom for xG(Expected goal chances created)

Bottom for open play goals(Only7)

You would have to be extremely delusional to make out you’re watching anything other than the above :lol:

We're not playing better football like  :lol:

We improved on set pieces though, I feel we look more of a threat in that sense.

Said it before: Bruce needs to keep the Rafa formation. That's vital. If we can continue to look a threat on set pieces, keep our team spirit to a good level - then I can see a 10-11th finish perhaps.

We improved on set pieces though, I feel we look more of a threat in that sense.

Said it before: Bruce needs to keep the Rafa formation. That's vital. If we can continue to look a threat on set pieces, keep our team spirit to a good level - then I can see a 10-11th finish perhaps.

There’s just more pace that’s all. The two flanks must scare the opposition, we’ve seen that the last two games against teams we should be finishing close to.

There’s just more pace that’s all. The two flanks must scare the opposition, we’ve seen that the last two games against teams we should be finishing close to.

The pace is helping massively. We're probably one of the best teams at getting up the field quickly on the break.

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate who’s knowledgeable enough says they aren’t playing better football all of a sudden, just that they look to get forward quicker, the full-backs don’t press as much with the forwards/over defend and players aren’t over restricted tactically/positionally especially in midfield. All making for more open and end to end games. He has told me it’s more enjoyable to watch and says they will get a few goals against some teams, but they will get a few thrashings basically.

I’m tempted to watch them play, just to see for myself.

Guest Howaythetoon

Harper back as a first team coach.

Getting closer and closer to the dream of a all Geordie coaching and players club.

He is a mackem.

Swapped playing for the Mackems for one game just to sit on the bench during the Sir Bobby years. What a tool!

He's also a big FOB (Friend of Brucey).

Caulkin was talking him up earlier this season saying 'If Harper says they're good coaches then that's good enough for me'.

Next thing we know, he's on the payroll. Quelle Surprise.

When we were in the championship I got seats in the posh end and was sat a couple of rows along from Charnley, it was the game when the pen was disallowed (Burton ?) I remember Charnley during the commotion pointing his finger at Harper, who was sitting not far from me in his suit, telling him to go and find out what was going on and he ran off as though his life depended on it, I remember feeling embarrassed for him at the time

My mate who’s knowledgeable enough says they aren’t playing better football all of a sudden, just that they look to get forward quicker, the full-backs don’t press as much with the forwards/over defend and players aren’t over restricted tactically/positionally especially in midfield. All making for more open and end to end games. He has told me it’s more enjoyable to watch and says they will get a few goals against some teams, but they will get a few thrashings basically.

I’m tempted to watch them play, just to see for myself.

See that's strange, I have watched us a few times this season and haven't seen any of that. The midfielders are playing exactly the same way, even under Rafa you would often see Hatden breaking further forward than Shelvey, so don't really get that idea that they are now somehow less restricted. WE are still sitting back and playing on the counter, only we have more pace out wide now because we signed Maximin.

Harper back as a first team coach.

Getting closer and closer to the dream of a all Geordie coaching and players club.

steve steve steve steve simon