Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

This, ‘he’s got more points than at this stage last year’ is going to annoying drag out until February unless things go tits up in a big way.

Agreed - He's 6 points ahead of Rafa right now game for game. Bruce would have to lose 5 in a row for Rafa to over take him as it was a poor late November and December for Rafa. It's from mid-January onwards where Rafa really was strong. Only 5 games out of 16 he didn't pick up points, 27 of them picked up in that phase of the season. Bruce will have to improve his points per game return average by 35% for that part compared to what he's delivered so far.

Agree, so far Bruce has got very defensive when losing single games against poor opposition. I don't see him being one to dig himself out of a 3 or 4 game losing streak with some inspirational talks or tactical changes. Imagine he will make it worse.

Agree, so far Bruce has got very defensive when losing single games against poor opposition. I don't see him being one to dig himself out of a 3 or 4 game losing streak with some inspirational talks or tactical changes. Imagine he will make it worse.

Tbf, the only 'poor opposition' we have lost to is Norwich.

Aye, just double checked and we've drawn the rest of against teams below us. Let's see how he handles things when we are in a rut, I suspect he will struggle.

Had a horrible dream last night. For some reason we had ended up with Pardew again and everyone was obviously furious, so we went into our first game, lost 5-0. 2nd game was 8-0 loss, then it was a 7-0 loss and the fans were hoying everything they could on the pitch and going insane. Next game we had our keeper sent off so I had to go on to replace him and ended up conceding at least 4.

It was part hilarious but also grim as fuck!

Obviously woke up remembering we still had Bruce, sighing heavily, then getting on with my morning :undecided:

Had a horrible dream last night. For some reason we had ended up with Pardew again and everyone was obviously furious, so we went into our first game, lost 5-0. 2nd game was 8-0 loss, then it was a 7-0 loss and the fans were hoying everything they could on the pitch and going insane. Next game we had our keeper sent off so I had to go on to replace him and ended up conceding at least 4.

It was part hilarious but also grim as fuck!

Obviously woke up remembering we still had Bruce, sighing heavily, then getting on with my morning :undecided:

That's probably what it's like to have one of those dreams where you absolutely ruin your life before you wake up all relieved, just to realize you're in fucking prison already.

Went in to work last night and sat for a cuppa in the canteen before my shift. Talk amongst colleagues turned to how much Mourhinio would get at Spurs. Someone chipped in with 'Well Rafa was on good money' then the icing on the cake was this bell end who has only had his ST for a couple of seasons and before then was a plastic Man U fan pipes up and says 'We're playing better football under Bruce'. If anyone thinks that then fair enough but i can't stand the suggestion we've dodged a bullet by losing Rafa. Went to work in a decent mood but it went downhill from there.

Every game I've watched this season looks pretty much the same as how we played last season. I haven't seen any evidence we are playing better football. The only difference is personnel, and Maximin has made a difference. What's that got to do with Bruce though?

The Norwich loss & Watford draw pretty much cancels out the Spurs & Man U wins. You’d expect 6 points from the first two and a draw against Man Utd is probably what you’d expect.

If we go game by game of what we got and what I’d expect:

Arsenal - 0 points, 0 points

Norwich - 0 points, 3 points

Spurs - 3 points, 0 points

Watford - 1 point, 3 points

Liverpool - 0 points, 0 points

Brighton - 1 point, 3 points

Leicester - 0 points, 0 points

Man Utd - 3 points, 1 point

Chelsea - 0 points, 0 points

Wolves - 1 point, 1 point

West Ham - 3 points, 1 point

Bournemouth- 3 points, 3 points

I’d have expected 15 points at this stage and he’s got 15 points at this stage. Probably being kind on Bruce actually because Arsenal were there for the taking for at least a point if he’d went 5-2-3 instead of his 5-3-2 and Wolves after they’d just had a Europa match should be a game we look at 3 points.

In summary he’s done the bare minimum if not slightly worse than he should have.

As I've said before, the biggest compliment that I can give Bruce is his ability to mimic Rafa's tactics.

The only other small success for him is that the players probably get on well with him, as hes almost certainly "one of the lads." However, this style of management will come unstuck when he needs some respect or authority from his players and all they can think of is big Stevie buying them a round kebabs at the weekend.

To suggest we're playing better football now is laughable tbh. The results haven't been bad of late, but the style is, if anything, a less potent and less fluid version of Rafa's. We played some great football in the second half of last season,especially when the front three clicked.

The bloke is, and forever will be a cunt.

He's happy to play on the oh he's a good bloke and local lad shtick for the happy clappers. Good result: 'finally the fans are getting to see the football I want us to play'. Get beat: 'It's not my fault the players are used to playing so negative for the past few years'.

Seriously fuck him and all those that support him.

Well you could argue that the real difference is that Rafa had Rondon and Perez who are goal scorers and Bruce has Joelinton and ASM who aren't.

Whatever the reasons are, it doesn't really matter - saying we're playing better football now is plain wrong.