Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Bruce went on and on about the referee, how he wasn't good enough at the elite level (Bruces level) how it's the second time he has refereed a game for us and got it wrong both times etc etc...............then he finishes up by saying  that he doesn't want to criticize.............What a tosser 

Just looking at the table - nobody from 5th placed down has won more than 6 games. How fucking weird is that nearly half way through. 5th to 15th is just a 6 point difference. No wonder Bruce is doing OK - 75% of the division is all over the place with results.

We are going to hear "good" things about Bruce for ages yet. He's effectively 6 games ahead of when Rafa breached 22 points. It will come down to whether Bruce will be able to maintain his overall points per game ratio across the business end of the season. Rafa is relentless from mid-January onward.

Every time I read "Steve Bruce" as one of the thread titles on the main page my fucking eyes hurt and I wonder is this real life and I don't know whether to laugh or cry, probably more comical as I don't feel as much anymore, it's just beyond a joke this club. Same with the "Pardew" thread, but that used to make my shit boil instead.

Guest neesy111

Lad at work was saying “to be fair at least we’re having more of a go these days”.  Nearly lost it  :lol:

Where has this utter myth came from

Satan.

I've heard the same.

What I find so frustrating right now, even when I try to unplug from caring so much is that it seemingly has to be a perfect day in the office for this team to do anything of note. Rafa had to walk these players thru every single step of the process to grind results, and over time he was able to instill a proper defensive mindset into the back grouping and system into most of the team. But when it’s not working either then or now, we’re not creating any chances - we’re not passing or controlling the ball with any bit of precision; it’s downright ugly football. The players go into hiding for the most part. It’s blood boiling - Ashley green lights players on the cheap and their footballing ability to rise to adversity or drag themselves out of a rut is mostly nonexistent.

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful league this season, even Liverpool and Man City are not exactly firing on all cylinders. Again I can see Bruce dragging Mike’s club down into a relegation fight after Xmas. Fingers crossed anyway.

Awful league this season, even Liverpool and Man City are not exactly firing on all cylinders. Again I can see Bruce dragging Mike’s club down into a relegation fight after Xmas. Fingers crossed anyway.

It's an odd season; the playing field seems to have levelled all of a sudden. Clubs in transition, clubs not knowing what to do with the money they've been given, clubs underachieving. It opens the door for ambitious clubs to do well, but we're not interested. We choose not to compete.

If we'd kept Rafa, Rondon and Perez; given him Willems, a better RWB and a quality centre-mid, we'd be scraping - if not in - the top 4. People can harp moronically on about how Bruce is doing better than Rafa did (with absolutely zero evidence to quantify such utter wet). But so what if he is? (He's not) It's barely a comparison worth making. It's not the point.

The point is, we were on an upward trajectory under Rafa until it stalled due to the lack of investment in summer 18. We were only ever going to falter. But then Almiron arrived and the front-three clicked, and the potential resurfaced. All the evidence suggests that, had he got the proper investment and backing, it's far more likely that the club's potential would have become unlocked. That won't happen with Bruce.

We've got a turd squad and a turd manager and there's fuck all to hope for. And there'll be 52,000 mugs there against Palace. How utterly, utterly depressing.

Yorkie[/member] couldn’t agree with you more. The team was clicking at end of season, form table we looked fantastic in the back half of the season (Rafa even points this out on Sky). With just some decent investment in those areas you mention, top 4 looking up. Mike Ashley would have been enjoying his life as the pressure would have been easing on him, the ability to sell his club would be easier in a higher place in table, and oh look he’d make more fucking money. Even a scoundrel like him should have foreseen a chance with a league in transition and his team on the up. But no, it’s Rafa always wants more blah blah blah I love Joelinton blah blah blah.

Yorkie's been hitting the nail on the head in a lot of his posts of late.

And, like Ikon, I still struggle to come to terms with Steve Bruce being the manager whenever I see the thread title. From Rafa to Bruce, three giant steps forward, one mile backwards.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yorkie's been hitting the nail on the head in a lot of his posts of late.

Aye, it’s since he met me ;)

Nah, spot on analysis as per usual by Yorkie these days, Ronaldo would be proud :thup:

P17, W16, D1, L0, 49 points from 51? ???

Guest Howaythetoon

In terms of actual performances, they’ve been average in that respect and this coming from a good firmed who is an ST holder there. They are a great team of course, as are City, the rest though are average to poor (the so-called other top teams). Rafa would have us top 6 this season IMO.

But Bruce man, is doing better :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get what HTT is saying. This season we are not a traditional Klopp gegenpressing blowing teams out of the water team.

We have become a weird hybrid of Klopp and Mourinho style. I mean we do play attractive football. But this version of LFC is more like, do enough to win each game. The CL victory has changed the mentality of this team. We have become more focused on winning stuff, play ugly and cynical if needed, than playing with style.