Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment

No credit at all. You've said it yourself that it's similar to the 5th place season. The following season proved that we finished 5th in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

Give over. Yeah Pardew was shit overall, but he deserved some credit for the season we finished 5th, as does Bruce for having a decent start to his time here.

I'm sure the wheels will come off eventually (as they did with Pardew), but you can't say whenever we win, it is in spite of the manager.

Yes you can when it’s true.

Pardew deserves zero credit. The fella was a fraud and so is this guy. Bruce will soon be on the same scrapheap that Pardew finds himself on and rightly so. Time is up for the likes of them in footballing terms.

Christ. Some right miserable cunts in here :lol:

it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment

No credit at all. You've said it yourself that it's similar to the 5th place season. The following season proved that we finished 5th in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

Give over. Yeah Pardew was shit overall, but he deserved some credit for the season we finished 5th, as does Bruce for having a decent start to his time here.

I'm sure the wheels will come off eventually (as they did with Pardew), but you can't say whenever we win, it is in spite of the manager.

Pardew deserves zero credit. The fella was a fraud and so is this guy. Bruce will soon be on the same scrapheap that Pardew finds himself on and rightly so. Time is up for the likes of them in footballing terms.

This board is so negative like.

If anyone's a "charmer" it's fucking Bruce :lol:

All former managers Odin is referring to came in under different circumstances where people wanted their predecessor out, hence why they got a fair crack from fans, unlike with Bruce where we had a manager that wanted to stay who was loved by the fans.

I agree that people go over the top on Bruce. He's not the problem, but I think a lot of people feel somewhat betrayed that he's taken the job knowing what that means he's signed up for, against the advice of close friends like Shearer, actively working towards keeping Ashley here for as long as possible.

I was pretty happy when he signed as I thought it meant we'd be certain for relegation and thus bigger chance of getting Ashley out…. :(

Well your point about inferiority is utter bollocks. Rafa and Keegan treated the fans with respect. That’s it.

They got nothing but love from the fans from the get go right until the end. Bruce hasn’t.

I’m not saying he’s a good manager. His track record suggests otherwise, but also you can only work with that’s in front of you. His career could have gone another way if he’d been more patient but he chose to take jobs at shit clubs. Which eventually ruled him out of any big job by association. And now he’s here. I’m not going to say we’re a big club, we’re certainly not top 6 anymore, maybe not even top 8. But we’ve had nothing but failure as a club for my whole life at least.

I hope for more, but I don’t think we’re entitled to it, not anymore. We’re a medium sized club with potential. That’s all.

Rafa could have done great things but we all know what happened there. Mike took a 6 million a year gamble on him either keeping us up or getting us back first time of asking and then consolidate. Mission accomplished. Rafa wasn’t needed from that point on.

I don’t think even Pardew got the stick Bruce has been given from the start. He clearly doesn’t deserve that. Also the squad Pardew had when we were 5th is light years ahead of the one we have now. So any comparisons to what we’re doing this season is totally unwarranted.

Like someone pointed out before, we can’t have it both ways. We lose a match, “oh Bruce is a useless wanker, all his fault..”

We win a match “oh he’s just using Rafa’s tactics”

Pure negativity

Bruce’s substitutions won us the game yesterday, ASM’s injury was down to him going full tilt right at the end. It was in front of us and everyone was thinking wtf is he doing, it was like he was in an Olympic final. Not going to criticise him for trying but it was the hardest he ran all game and there was no real need to win that race.

Well your point about inferiority is utter bollocks. Rafa and Keegan treated the fans with respect. That’s it.

They got nothing but love from the fans from the get go right until the end. Bruce hasn’t.

I’m not saying he’s a good manager. His track record suggests otherwise, but also you can only work with that’s in front of you. His career could have gone another way if he’d been more patient but he chose to take jobs at shit clubs. Which eventually ruled him out of any big job by association. And now he’s here. I’m not going to say we’re a big club, we’re certainly not top 6 anymore, maybe not even top 8. But we’ve had nothing but failure as a club for my whole life at least.

I hope for more, but I don’t think we’re entitled to it, not anymore. We’re a medium sized club with potential. That’s all.

Rafa could have done great things but we all know what happened there. Mike took a 6 million a year gamble on him either keeping us up or getting us back first time of asking and then consolidate. Mission accomplished. Rafa wasn’t needed from that point on.

I don’t think even Pardew got the stick Bruce has been given from the start. He clearly doesn’t deserve that. Also the squad Pardew had when we were 5th is light years ahead of the one we have now. So any comparisons to what we’re doing this season is totally unwarranted.

Like someone pointed out before, we can’t have it both ways. We lose a match, “oh Bruce is a useless wanker, all his fault..”

Pure negativity

Oh gtf. Keegan, Robson and Rafa all came with some kind of reputation and pedigree and all treated the club and the fans with respect from the get go. Bruce came in with a piss poor record everywhere he'd been, threw his toys out the pram, told us we all should respect him and instead of showing anyone he understood the fans and the club he told us he was a Geordie and a fan going against everything he said when he was at Sunderland. He's an extension of Ashley, another lickspittle shill, here to do the bidding of his master and accept whatever shit sandwich is thrown at him. You come in under those circumstances then you lose all credibility from the start.

Rafa talked of potential, of building something for the future, being able to work within a strict model and still bring success, Bruce came in and jizzed over a £40m flop forced into his hands. You earn respect and he's failed at every step and the more he demands it, the more he ostracizes himself.

It's obvious to anyone who has eyes that this "football" is amongst some of the worst we've ever played, yes he's using Rafa's tactics but beyond defence first he's lost the plot, we're disjointed and scrappy going forward, we have no control in games, no fluidity in attack and no plan B. For all Rafa's negative tactics you could see a plan and we countered with speed, accuracy and precision, not this disjointed abortion we're forced to watch now.

We're winning games because of the tenacity of the players, the never say die attitude and the belief that they're in it until the final whistle, not because of some tactical masterclass.

The players are working hard for Bruce. No doubt about that.

I said a few weeks ago, I don't like the constant personal attacks.

Be critical of footballing issues, but the "fat cunt, dickhead, cabbage head" shit is just childish.

I’m anything but miserable, cheers.

Plenty of revisionists though it seems. Strange.

Problem for me is that he couldn't even manage to do as expected, which would be about as well as Steve McClaren. Instead, he's overshot and gone full Pardew. Horrible, horrible on-the-ball play and somehow winning matches with just one or two chances all game and relying on the brilliance of a charismatic new French winger. Sound familiar?

Pure negativity

Oh gtf. Keegan, Robson and Rafa all came with some kind of reputation and pedigree and all treated the club and the fans with respect from the get go. Bruce came in with a piss poor record everywhere he'd been, threw his toys out the pram, told us we all should respect him and instead of showing anyone he understood the fans and the club he told us he was a Geordie and a fan going against everything he said when he was at Sunderland. He's an extension of Ashley, another lickspittle shill, here to do the bidding of his master and accept whatever shit sandwich is thrown at him. You come in under those circumstances then you lose all credibility from the start.

Rafa talked of potential, of building something for the future, being able to work within a strict model and still bring success, Bruce came in and jizzed over a £40m flop forced into his hands. You earn respect and he's failed at every step and the more he demands it, the more he ostracizes himself.

It's obvious to anyone who has eyes that this "football" is amongst some of the worst we've ever played, yes he's using Rafa's tactics but beyond defence first he's lost the plot, we're disjointed and scrappy going forward, we have no control in games, no fluidity in attack and no plan B. For all Rafa's negative tactics you could see a plan and we countered with speed, accuracy and precision, not this disjointed abortion we're forced to watch now.

We're winning games because of the tenacity of the players, the never say die attitude and the belief that they're in it until the final whistle, not because of some tactical masterclass.

What he said. Much more eloquently put than me.

Come in here to read that the geordies are hard up and have an inferiority complex, aye, that's the problem with the club.

:lol:

Bloke has been nothing but patronizing since coming in. Sickening watching fans get behind him.

:lol: I'm as happy as a sandboy in life but in a purely football context, is it any wonder that people are miserable. There's nothing to be positive about with regards to NUFC and it hurts.

Come in here to read that the geordies are hard up and have an inferiority complex, aye, that's the problem with the club.

:lol:

Bloke has been nothing but patronizing since coming in. Sickening watching fans get behind him.

Exactly.

The fans getting behind him also have no shame or principles, like cabbage head.

They 100% deserve Ashley.

:lol: I'm as happy as a sandboy in life but in a purely football context, is it any wonder that people are miserable. There's nothing to be positive about with regards to NUFC and it hurts.

I get that. But if you can't get any enjoyment at all from winning a match, I wouldn't bother following football at all. I don't support Bruce as the manager, but he has done much better than I expected thus far.

I get that. But if you can't get any enjoyment at all from winning a match, I wouldn't bother following football at all. I don't support Bruce as the manager, but he has done much better than I expected thus far.

O0

I don’t get the “pardew deserves credit” shit. It’s been proven throughout his career that was a complete anomaly. So the evidence suggests he had fuck all to do with it

Been saying this for the past couple of weeks, he stumbled on that 4-3-3 one game and rolled with it. We had one of the best midfielders in the league at his peak and a striker that came in and hit the net whenever the ball left his boot, more often than not defying the laws of physics. It was a perfect storm that season but he was soon found out, as soon as we were up against it he showed how clueless he was, he just rode a wave of confidence and didn't try and alter anything, just a slap on the arse and get out there and show em your fret aytem

Well I enjoy the result when we win, and the goals when they go in. But pretty difficult to actually enjoy watching the rest of it, I mean the football is garbage.