Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Please can we stop this comparison shite.

Rafa:

Valencia

La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup: 2003–04

Liverpool

FA Cup: 2005–06

FA Community Shield: 2006

UEFA Champions League: 2004–05

UEFA Super Cup: 2005

Inter Milan

Supercoppa Italiana: 2010

FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Chelsea

UEFA Europa League: 2012–13

Napoli

Coppa Italia: 2013–14

Supercoppa Italiana: 2014

Newcastle United

EFL Championship: 2016–17[140]

Bruce

the parallels with pardew are insane really, he's chugging along playing an entirely unsustainable style of football being carried by defenders scoring all the goals :lol:

i mean nothing could go wrong with that plan right

wheels might not come off this season, but they'll come off

signing players in january wouldn't even help, he clearly doesn't have a scooby how to improve our attacking game without shipping millions of goals

That's so bad :lol:

And we expect the strikers to be out there all enthusiastic and scoring goals :lol:

this is what i don't get about the joelinton criticism in particular myself, i'm not saying he is or is even going to be good but i can't judge him on what i've seen of him up top under bruce

as i've also said vs. burnley he looked better roaming around searching for space and had some low, hard balls fizzed into him that he dealt with very well imo

I firmly believe that Rafa made very average players look so much better and those said players really were. They needed someone like Rafa to nurture them and bring them on. Longstaffe is a classic example, Rafa having worked with him every day for a year before he even made his debut.  I kmow he's been injured but he is a shadow of the player he was.  Dummett has also gone backwards and I don't see Bruce having whats needed to bring out the best of these guys.  Even top players need top coaching, look at Sterling and How Pep and Arteta have transformed him.

I firmly believe that Rafa made very average players look so much better and those said players really were. They needed someone like Rafa to nurture them and bring them on. Longstaffe is a classic example, Rafa having worked with him every day for a year before he even made his debut.  I kmow he's been injured but he is a shadow of the player he was.  Dummett has also gone backwards and I don't see Bruce having whats needed to bring out the best of these guys.  Even top players need top coaching, look at Sterling and How Pep and Arteta have transformed him.

that's the difference between elite managers and PFM type garbage, guys like rafa will improve everything across the board...obviously a handful will not take to methods or personalities and in the main top managers will improve most of the players and performances

average PFM's like bruce will improve a handful if they're lucky, some will stay about the same if they're lucky and others will collapse into oblivion

i'd say we've seen improvement from shelvey so far, but i've yet to entirely buy into that, but beyond i'd say what's been noticeable is he's

destroyed almiron

is in the process of destroying joelinton

looks like destroying sean longstaff

thrown Ki in the bin completely

people like hayden, clark, fede have done well under him but i'm not sure you could class any as an improvement on where they were under rafa

that's the difference between elite managers and PFM type garbage, guys like rafa will improve everything across the board...obviously a handful will not take to methods or personalities and in the main top managers will improve most of the players and performances

average PFM's like bruce will improve a handful if they're lucky, some will stay about the same if they're lucky and others will collapse into oblivion

i'd say we've seen improvement from shelvey so far, but i've yet to entirely buy into that, but beyond i'd say what's been noticeable is he's

destroyed almiron

is in the process of destroying joelinton

looks like destroying sean longstaff

thrown Ki in the bin completely

people like hayden, clark, fede have done well under him but i'm not sure you could class any as an improvement on where they were under rafa

Almiron and Longstaff - fair comments.

Joelinton just looks gash - not sure you can blame Bruce for that.