Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Fuck me sideways are we actually still entertaining a Rafa/Brewcie comparison? Bruce isn't even in the same universe as Rafa, not fit to polish the great man's glasses. Bruce isn't the worst manager we've had, he's got us in a decent position but he's just another Pardew. This thread is making my eyes bleed, I'm out :thup:

This. It's blindingly obvious but league position will not and does not make Bruce anywhere near Rafa as a manager. A few seem to want to be able to say he's better/has done better than Rafa though.

As much as that creates uncertainty, it also gives Newcastle potential to remould the squad in the image that Steve Bruce wants. And just as important is the powerful motivation that gives several players to prove that a new deal is justified.

Is Bruce capable of remolding a squad in his image?  We all believed Rafa could, if allowed.  Arguably Bruce isn't a tenth of a manager that Rafa is but results don't lie.  You are what your record says you are...

As much as that creates uncertainty, it also gives Newcastle potential to remould the squad in the image that Steve Bruce wants. And just as important is the powerful motivation that gives several players to prove that a new deal is justified.

Is Bruce capable of remolding a squad in his image?  We all believed Rafa could, if allowed.  Arguably Bruce isn't a tenth of a manager that Rafa is but results don't lie.  You are what your record says you are...

Which is why Pardew almost ended up as England manager, down to his pure quality as proved by his record at the time.

Really think we should be going for Bowen from Hull. Few clubs keen, Leicester I think, but he would be a good option to have here.

Saint Maximin, Bowen, Almiron, could play off Carroll too.

We need more in centre midfield, sniff someone out -should be spending £30M, need to improve the squad and a add a bit more depth.

Bruce has a history of taking over teams and in the short term getting some good results, he has everything at Newcastle to keep them up, even tactics ffs, but once his influence takes over next season we will go down the same road as Sunderland and Villa.

Is Bruce capable of remolding a squad in his image?

A month of beating them with an iron bar, the a good rub down with sandpaper?

Really think we should be going for Bowen from Hull. Few clubs keen, Leicester I think, but he would be a good option to have here.

Saint Maximin, Bowen, Almiron, could play off Carroll too.

We need more in centre midfield, sniff someone out -should be spending £30M, need to improve the squad and a add a bit more depth.

For £30million we could gat Cattermole.

I’m getting a public hanging on Twitter for this tweet about local hero Brucie :laugh:

Over 170 replies of hate to my Bruce stats tweet :laugh:

Don’t ever tweet about local hero Bruce you’ll get death threats haha.

How’s Bruce become an untouchable god?

The same flip flops will probably be waiting him gone after this hard run of 8 games

Sometimes you need to learn when the time is right for those sorts of stats. 3rd best form in the league in the last 8 games behind Liverpool & Leicester isn’t going to get much support. If anything you’re probably just pissing Rafa fans off too.

Well it’s got the same number of likes as hate comments most people know what I’m saying is true.

Sometimes you need to learn when the time is right for those sorts of stats. 3rd best form in the league in the last 8 games behind Liverpool & Leicester isn’t going to get much support. If anything you’re probably just pissing Rafa fans off too.

What about for the next 8 games?

Sorry for not being a flip flop.

The thing is, everybody's a Rafa fan (well alright you'll always find a few knackers, especially on Twitter). Just because someone isn't relentlessly negative towards Bruce, doesn't mean they are a 'Rafa-hater' or that they think Bruce is better than Rafa.

Best just to leave them to get on with it probably. I have absolutely no faith in Bruce personally, but if he thinks he is going to be supported by Ashley in building a decent side, then have at it. Right now though, I don't want to watch the football he is producing, even though the results are respectable enough. For now.

The best time for these stats is after we've played those 8 games. If we pick up a reasonable points haul in them, which isn't impossible, you're just going to distance people further from the cause.

The best time for these stats is after we've played those 8 games. If we pick up a reasonable points haul in them, which isn't impossible, you're just going to distance people further from the cause.

This.  Your message is on point but your timing is way off.