Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Rafa's football was shite as well tbf, but this tops it.

Was nowhere near this bad and he nowhere near had the investment in the squad that Bruce has had.

Not even comparable.

I've been quite happy to agree that we were very defensive under Rafa as well, but at least there was some purpose about it, and he knew how to get players running into the channels so we could counter effectively. Oddly enough, while I wanted Rafa to stay, one of the things I was looking forward to was us moving towards a more attacking style of football. What I didn't want was a faker who talked about front foot football but actually produced the dirge we are witnessing now.

We played some class stuff under Rafa at times, and yeah it was defensive but he knows how to counter and when we got Almiron we played very attacking

Complete myth that we were fundamentally negative/defensive under Rafa. Scored 100 goals in the Championship season for starters, including two 6-0s.

It was defense first in the Premier League but that's because good defenders cost about a fifth the price of good attackers.

i hate this fucking myth.

it was safe and defensive initially  - out of necessity.

but he managed to work on it and turn it round. we had a decent last few months of the season.

We played some class stuff under Rafa at times, and yeah it was defensive but he knows how to counter and when we got Almiron we played very attacking

Complete myth that we were fundamentally negative/defensive under Rafa. Scored 100 goals in the Championship season for starters, including two 6-0s.

It was defense first in the Premier League but that's because good defenders cost about a fifth the price of good attackers.

Also most of us expected the football to improve massively under Rafa as he got better quality players through the door which would improve our possession tenfold.

That never happened of course, and that is why he left.

Also most of us expected the football to improve massively under Rafa as he got better quality players through the door which would improve our possession tenfold.

That never happened of course, and that is why he left.

Exactly this. :thup:

At least there was always a plan with Rafa and we got better when we signed Kenedy and Almiron in the second half of the seasons

Bruce's plan is give it to ASM or Almiron and hope for some magic. Same as Pardew and HBA. We've got no guile or subtlety at all to our play

At least there was always a plan with Rafa and we got better when we signed Kenedy and Almiron in the second half of the seasons

Bruce's plan is give it to ASM or Almiron and hope for some magic. Same as Pardew and HBA. We've got no guile or subtlety at all to our play

The one difference you can credit him for is that he's not thrown any of the attackers to the wolves and doesn't look like doing so. I mean blaming them etc.

The one difference you can credit him for is that he's not thrown any of the attackers to the wolves and doesn't look like doing so. I mean blaming them etc.

His man management is probably quite decent tbf, we do have a lot of spirit as well

Man management is not about being a nice bloke. It's about managing people in a way to get the best out of them and getting them to improve and fulfill their potential.  Bruce is clearly incapable of this as is obvious in the decline of some players and no improvement in any of them

Guest godzilla

Constantly gets digs in at Rafa

He’s been in charge over 6 months and he cannot blame the previous manager for his own obvious failings. I honestly cannot stand the useless prick