Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Been sticking up for his good friend Mike Ashley in today's presser.

:lol: what was said?

That we haven't stagnated under Ashley. That should burn some bridges with a few fans, especially on Twitter. But I doubt it.

Just came across this on Twitter some fans arguing over Rafa or Bruce...

If you look at the table and the table alone, then technically Bruce has not done a bad job. If you look at the actual football that is played then it's been a worse job than even Carver pulled off....at least a few of his attempts at managing games got above 35% possession. The only time a respectable football team should win a match like that is if it's a 2nd/3rd division team against one of the top six and it's been a massively hard fought shock.

No topflight premiership team should be sitting in their own 18 yard box for 3/4 of every game regardless of opposition and expect to get any results other than through luck. Bruce has had us playing like a league 1 side, scared to death of every other team they've come up against (except for maybe Bournemouth).

No modern manager should have only one plan that consists of putting 10 men behind the ball every game and hoping to score a goal on a counter attack. Fine against top half teams, but when it's against relegation candidates its pure cowardice and being more concerned with not losing than winning.

This should not be considered acceptable by anyone who wants the best for their team.

Loved Carver's free flowing football. Tasty on the eye and we got results.  :lol: :lol:

Recent games possession:

Southampton away 62%

Sheffield United home 46%

Villa home 52%

Bournemouth 45%

West Ham home 57%

Every game above 35%. Yes we don't usually have much of the ball, but you can't argue Carver was better, because he sometimes got above 35% possession.

Use facts, use evidence in your arguments man.

Not this knacker using "facts" again.  We can't play against 10 men all the time you know.

Two recent games. Palace away game 56% possession. Burnley home game 54% possession.

Facts back up your argument. You should try it sometime.

I find facts can distort the truth sometimes.  I'm a good believer in using common sense and my own judgement on subjects I'm well versed in.  You should try sometime it instead of acting like a robot.

You believe we played better football under Carver? 15% win ratio, 8 losses in a row, and 3 total wins in 20 games, but we played better football than we do now?

Do you agree with gjohnson?

Try reading the post properly again you plum. Never said Carver was any good cos he wasn't, he was utter garbage, but he didn't send out a starting eleven to cower in their own half and hope the other team made a balls up and conceded

"The supporters are now hopelessly divided on the manager, minds closed, views entrenched. Much like the political world. Nobody can admit they were wrong, two tribes blinded by own desire to be “right”"

Which part of this is not Edwards himself? :lol: Except his view seems to be shaped mainly by who he's pal-y with.

Steve Bruce is nowhere near important enough to write stuff like this about, it's ludicrous from Edwards.

Only way to unite the fan base.........FIGHT!.........  or get a new manager

Careful, the Judge and Samp will be on here ridiculing your brave ideas.

Not really given I want rid of Bruce.

Judge/Samp, there is a good piece in The Mag by Jim Robertson regarding the media bias and unfair reporting on Bruce/Newcastle United.  The responses are great (as in fans have had enough).  Then there is a brilliant story by George Caulkin in The Athletic slagging off Steve McManaman for his outrageous platitudes towards Bruce.  You really need to read them and realise that we fans do have a voice and it now doesn't seem so silly of me saying we really need to take the gutter media to task.  Just saying.  :coolsmiley:

If you look at the table and the table alone, then technically Bruce has not done a bad job. If you look at the actual football that is played then it's been a worse job than even Carver pulled off....at least a few of his attempts at managing games got above 35% possession. The only time a respectable football team should win a match like that is if it's a 2nd/3rd division team against one of the top six and it's been a massively hard fought shock.

No topflight premiership team should be sitting in their own 18 yard box for 3/4 of every game regardless of opposition and expect to get any results other than through luck. Bruce has had us playing like a league 1 side, scared to death of every other team they've come up against (except for maybe Bournemouth).

No modern manager should have only one plan that consists of putting 10 men behind the ball every game and hoping to score a goal on a counter attack. Fine against top half teams, but when it's against relegation candidates its pure cowardice and being more concerned with not losing than winning.

This should not be considered acceptable by anyone who wants the best for their team.

Loved Carver's free flowing football. Tasty on the eye and we got results.  :lol: :lol:

Recent games possession:

Southampton away 62%

Villa home 52%

Bournemouth 45%

West Ham home 57%

Every game above 35%. Yes we don't usually have much of the ball, but you can't argue Carver was better, because he sometimes got above 35% possession.

Not this knacker using "facts" again.  We can't play against 10 men all the time you know.

Two recent games. Palace away game 56% possession. Burnley home game 54% possession.

I find facts can distort the truth sometimes.  I'm a good believer in using common sense and my own judgement on subjects I'm well versed in.  You should try sometime it instead of acting like a robot.

You believe we played better football under Carver? 15% win ratio, 8 losses in a row, and 3 total wins in 20 games, but we played better football than we do now?

Try reading the post properly again you plum. Never said Carver was any good cos he wasn't, he was utter garbage, but he didn't send out a starting eleven to cower in their own half and hope the other team made a balls up and conceded

You said: " If you look at the actual football that is played then it's been a worse job than even Carver pulled off....at least a few of his attempts at managing games got above 35% possession."

I provided evidence that is the last 7 games (excluding City) our possession stats were 45% to 62%.

Do you see why you look a moron now?

Even Rod doesn't agree with you on this. Even my good friend LV wouldn't agree with you on this one.

Carver was the worst manager we've had in my lifetime. Worst football, worst manager. This point isn't up for debate.

"The supporters are now hopelessly divided on the manager, minds closed, views entrenched. Much like the political world. Nobody can admit they were wrong, two tribes blinded by own desire to be “right”"

Which part of this is not Edwards himself? :lol: Except his view seems to be shaped mainly by who he's pal-y with.

Steve Bruce is nowhere near important enough to write stuff like this about, it's ludicrous from Edwards.

Judge/Samp, there is a good piece in The Mag by Jim Robertson regarding the media bias and unfair reporting on Bruce/Newcastle United.  The responses are great (as in fans have had enough).  Then there is a brilliant story by George Caulkin in The Athletic slagging off Steve McManaman for his outrageous platitudes towards Bruce.  You really need to read them and realise that we fans do have a voice and it now doesn't seem so silly of me saying we really need to take the gutter media to task.  Just saying.  :coolsmiley:

I want a new better manager next season. I want the takeover asap.

If next season, we are stuck with no takeover, and with Bruce and Ashley, I will be pissed off and angry about it.

We've stagnated at best. Gone back really.

Been fair with him. Thing that's got me set against him most is the ridiculous and sudden (didn't happen at Villa or Sheffield Wed or anywhere else) deifying of him by the media. Hate him now.  In fairness he's only reminded me that I hate him by bringing up his Ashley regime crawling stance.  Reminded me that he deserves all the s**t and more that he gets. Nearly forgot myself there.

That we haven't stagnated under Ashley. That should burn some bridges with a few fans, especially on Twitter. But I doubt it.

Are we talking about the same presser.

And no im not a bruce fan but :-

Luke Edwards

@LukeEdwardsTele

·

51m

Given Bruce did not mention Ashley once in the press conference, wasn’t asked about Ashley and was speaking about his time as manager the headline is inaccurate and unfair. He was talking about points totals in the PL and plans to improve squad this summer

Recent games possession:

Southampton away 62%

Villa home 52%

Bournemouth 45%

West Ham home 57%

You said: " If you look at the actual football that is played then it's been a worse job than even Carver pulled off....at least a few of his attempts at managing games got above 35% possession."

I provided evidence that is the last 7 games (excluding City) our possession stats were 45% to 62%.

Even Rod doesn't agree with you on this. Even my good friend LV wouldn't agree with you on this one.

Carver was the worst manager we've had in my lifetime. Worst football, worst manager. This point isn't up for debate.

And you have still completely and utterly missed the point. Quite impressive really

Recent games possession:

Southampton away 62%

Villa home 52%

Bournemouth 45%

West Ham home 57%

And you have still completely and utterly missed the point. Quite impressive really

"If you look at the actual football that is played then it's been a worse job than even Carver pulled off....at least a few of his attempts at managing games got above 35% possession."

I don't know a single NUFC fan that wants to keep Bruce as manager.

You seem to think that just because I reckon Bruce has done alright this season that I'm a massive Brewcie fanboy and he's exempt from my criticism.

I don't like Bruce.

I don't rate Bruce as a manager.

I didn't want Bruce when he was appointed.

I still don't want Bruce now.

I agree with the view that if he's here next season, some of the rub of the green he's had this season will eventually run out and shit will eventually hit the fan.

I don't think we've been amazing this season at times like McManaman has said we have been. I don't think Bruce is in contention for the manager of the year.

Again, I think he's done alright this season. That doesn't mean I like him.

If you disagree with my opinion that we/Bruce have done alright this season, nay bother. But I'm not and never have been a fan of Bruce.

I don't care about possession stats, amount of corners we have, shots on target we have or the amount of saves our keeper has had to make in a game as long as we get a result. But that's me. If you or whoever else want to analyse xG stats and whatever else go ahead. I'm not arsed one bit about those things - they mean fuck all to me.

The reason I'm not getting worked up over him is because we're soon going to have new owners and with that, a new manager. We've got a few weeks to months left of Ashley and Bruce. Just like the last two seasons, we're in no danger of going down and we're not in contention for Europe. The season will ebb away into nothing. Bruce will go, Ashley will go.

If (and I doubt it will happen) that the sale falls through and Ashley and Bruce remain, then aye.. It'll be a shitstorm the following season(s) for as long as they remain. And something to definitely get worked up over.

You seem to think that just because I reckon Bruce has done alright this season that I'm a massive Brewcie fanboy and he's exempt from my criticism.

I don't like Bruce.

I agree with the view that if he's here next season, some of the rub of the green he's had this season will eventually run out and shit will eventually hit the fan.

I don't think we've been amazing this season at times like McManaman has said we have been. I don't think Bruce is in contention for the manager of the year.

If you disagree with my opinion that we/Bruce have done alright this season, nay bother. But I'm not and never have been a fan of Bruce.

I don't care about possession stats, amount of corners we have, shots on target we have or the amount of saves our keeper has had to make in a game as long as we get a result. But that's me. If you or whoever else want to analyse xG stats and whatever else go ahead. I'm not arsed one bit about those things - they mean fuck all to me.

The reason I'm not getting worked up over him is because we're soon going to have new owners and with that, a new manager. We've got a few weeks to months left of Ashley and Bruce. Just like the last two seasons, we're in no danger of going down and we're not in contention for Europe. The season will ebb away into nothing. Bruce will go, Ashley will go.

If (and I doubt it will happen) that the sale falls through and Ashley and Bruce remain, then aye.. It'll be a shitstorm the following season(s) for as long as they remain. And something to definitely get worked up over.

My response was mainly about you ridiculing my stance regarding hitting back at the media.  You thought it was hilarious.  We the fans have a HUGE voice and some of our fans have "clout" (George Caulkin).  It's already happening and other fans are taking notice.  That was my point.  What point did you think I was making?

Recent games possession:

Southampton away 62%

Villa home 52%

Bournemouth 45%

West Ham home 57%

No

Good - we've found some common ground.

Don't think so.

:lol:

Aye I thought your "we need to strike back at the media" line was a bit cringe.

I probably should have worded it better I agree.  It's the old "Rod the Red" coming out (yes I'm old and a bit of a leftie).  However, my points still stand.  We fans can and will retaliate to lying scum press (there I go again, sorry).

Are we friends now then Judge?

I don't like Bruce.

That’s your best and most constructive post ever :thup:

I probably should have worded it better I agree.  It's the old "Rod the Red" coming out (yes I'm old and a bit of a leftie).  However, my points still stand.  We fans can and will retaliate to lying scum press (there I go again, sorry).

I'm friends with everyone me.

Are we talking about the same presser.

And no im not a bruce fan but :-

Luke Edwards

@LukeEdwardsTele

·

51m

Given Bruce did not mention Ashley once in the press conference, wasn’t asked about Ashley and was speaking about his time as manager the headline is inaccurate and unfair. He was talking about points totals in the PL and plans to improve squad this summer

It’s implied when you talk about the ‘club’ as he did.

In the last 14 or 15 years, only two or three times [in the Premier League] have we had more points at this stage of the season than now and one of those times Newcastle finished fifth.

We are in a position where we are not stagnating, we are trying to take the club forward, we are trying to improve year on year. So this myth the club is stagnating and we are in this horrible, stale environment, it’s just not right. It’s important we address it.

To be fair it's his job to be mildly positive, he can't really be expected to come out and admit we intend to do the absolute bare minimum to survive, yet again. Can tell he's at full mast over the thought of beating Rafa's points total mind.

Have little against the bloke but the sooner his mangled beak is no longer in the dugout, the better for all involved.

He’ll be seeing tomorrow as a Cup Final. One of probably two shots he’s got to get his precious points tally. Part of me would love it if it petered out with 4 defeats, he’s the one to give Mourinho his first league win here and we finish lower than the last two seasons.

O0

I'm friends with everyone me.

O0