Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

"The supporters are now hopelessly divided on the manager, minds closed, views entrenched. Much like the political world. Nobody can admit they were wrong, two tribes blinded by own desire to be “right”"

Which part of this is not Edwards himself? :lol: Except his view seems to be shaped mainly by who he's pal-y with.

Steve Bruce is nowhere near important enough to write stuff like this about, it's ludicrous from Edwards.

Guest awaymag

"The supporters are now hopelessly divided on the manager, minds closed, views entrenched. Much like the political world. Nobody can admit they were wrong, two tribes blinded by own desire to be “right”"

Which part of this is not Edwards himself? :lol: Except his view seems to be shaped mainly by who he's pal-y with.

Steve Bruce is nowhere near important enough to write stuff like this about, it's ludicrous from Edwards.

Only way to unite the fan base.........FIGHT!.........  or get a new manager

Careful, the Judge and Samp will be on here ridiculing your brave ideas.

Was listening to one of the Gallowgate Shits podcasts (I know, I know!) and they were trotting out a similar line....  The fans that are anti-bruce are so fixed in their mindsets there's no shifting them etc.  Just because some thought we'd be cut adrift at the bottom of the league, not into double-figures, but we're not and neither are we getting relegated somehow makes him a miracle worker etc.  Away and no talk a steaming pile of shite!  :gm's patter:

I'm more than happy for my mind to be changed if someone can come at me with sound reasons.  There is not one single thing this bastard has done since he came in to the job that makes me think, "oh, hang on a sec, I may be doing him a disservice here".

He’ll say he’s done an ‘ok job’ but that’s about it. But then relentlessly continue to defend him. I find that disconnect a bit strange and would love to know the real story behind his impassioned, relentless and baffling defence of Bruce in the teeth of overwhelming opposing opinion and facts.

Edit: I think he might have said Bruce had improved set-pieces

Not really given I want rid of Bruce.

Not really given I want rid of Bruce.

Sorry forgot, yes it's Thursday.  Tomorrow Bruce for Manager of the year?

Thing that gets me is how the rhetoric is that he steadied some kind of wobbling, sinking ship, and therefore whatever plaudits he gets are justified by default. But from where I was sitting, between the end of January and May, the team was very much in the ascendency; then we changed managers, spent something like £60m and - at best - have stood still. How is that a good job? If Rafa was always leaving, he couldn't have left the team in a better shape for the next guy. Yet it's now comfortably a less balanced, less dynamic and generally less effective outfit. We've clearly regressed, regardless of whether or not we finish on similar points: that doesn't represent a good job and it certainly isn't a fantastic season, or whatever wet McManaman came out with.

Pointing to the switch from Rondon to Joelinton is no counter, by the by; because he was entirely complicit in that bag of shite becoming his only option for the majority of the season. He's just as accountable for that footballing choice as he is sticking Krafth at CB, or whatever happened last night.

Thing that gets me is how the rhetoric is that he steadied some kind of wobbling, sinking ship, and therefore whatever plaudits he gets are justified by default. But from where I was sitting, between the end of January and May, the team was very much in the ascendency; then we changed managers, spent something like £60m and - at best - have stood still. How is that a good job? If Rafa was always leaving, he couldn't have left the team in a better shape for the next guy. Yet it's now comfortably a less balanced, less dynamic and generally less effective outfit. We've clearly regressed, regardless of whether or not we finish on similar points: that doesn't represent a good job and it certainly isn't a fantastic season, or whatever wet McManaman came out with.

Pointing to the switch from Rondon to Joelinton is no counter, by the by; because he was entirely complicit in that bag of shite becoming his only option for the majority of the season. He's just as accountable for that footballing choice as he is sticking Krafth at CB, or whatever happened last night.

I just wish I could be so eloquent.  How come at least two posters on here can't or wont see it for what it is.

It won't be seen as strictly in a footballing sense as you've put there. The atmosphere around the club after the announcement of Rafa not renewing his contract was deservedly toxic and the bloke who replaced the symbol of hope that Rafa was always going to be some PFM Ashley man which is what Bruce is. I expected us to go down as a result of that atmosphere which I thought would never be dissipated and the quality of manager that Bruce is in addition to losing Perez and Rondon. But we haven't. Yay. I suppose that counts as success to the shadow of Newcastle United that Ashley has reduced us to. And better than expected to those such as myself who thought we were fucked before a (long) ball was kicked. Should Bruce receive credit for that? Perhaps, but it's how you interpret what credit is. "You deserve credit for not causing the clusterfuck we all thought you would cause," aye. Mint credit that.

Like I said before, the fanbase had this symbol of hope that the club could be better in spite of Ashley in Benitez. That was taken away and replaced with a symbol of no hope in Bruce. Really disliking Bruce was always going to happen amongst a section of supporters as a result of that; it's Hegelian dialectics, not personal animosity.

I just wish I could be so eloquent.  How come at least two posters on here can't or wont see it for what it is.

Haha! Mad bastard you.

Guest chopey

Judge him on his signings........... Krafth and Rose, the rest of the players were let go or signed by people above him  to say we have stood still is decisive, the bottom 5 in the league have stink up the place and Newcastle has been outplayed by every decent team topped off by the other night getting the worst football beating any team has ever took in the premier league.

Guest chopey

Judge him on his signings........... Krafth and Rose, the rest of the players were let go or signed by people above him  to say we have stood still is not correct, the bottom 5 in the league have stunk up the place and Newcastle has been outplayed by every decent team topped off by the other night getting the worst football beating any team has ever took in the premier league.

Lovely couple of posts from Yorkie and Sean and all. But he's done okay, hasn't he? Yes or no? Simple question.

By his own standard's, he's done ok. As a team we've done ok, due to the players. By my standard's, he's still done a shit job. As I've said before, I'm not all about where we finish in the league - that makes us no better than Burnley, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace.

Judge him on his signings........... Krafth and Rose, the rest of the players were let go or signed by people above him  to say we have stood still is decisive, the bottom 5 in the league have stink up the place and Newcastle has been outplayed by every decent team topped off by the other night getting the worst football beating any team has ever took in the premier league.

Ipswich Town and Man City fans might argue that point mind.  :lol:

Lovely couple of posts from Yorkie and Sean and all. But he's done okay, hasn't he? Yes or no? Simple question.

The luck we have carried has been phenomenal. Based on where we are he’s done ok. I can’t see a repeat of the lucky wins and associated points next season. He’ll take us down if he’s still here.