Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

I enjoyed his book on Talksport which ended today, probably because they ever so slightly took the piss after everyone of the 81 episodes.

The only reason anyone can say he's done okay or better than expected is because of the lousy job he's done over the years in the Prem which he built himself and is why everyone assumed we'd be relegated.

It's like Everton sacking Ancelotti and hiring Ian Holloway, he gets them to 13th next season and people say he's done a good job because they avoided a relegation battle

Guest chopey

The only reason anyone can say he's done okay or better than expected is because of the lousy job he's done over the years in the Prem which he built himself and is why everyone assumed we'd be relegated.

It's like Everton sacking Ancelotti and hiring Ian Holloway, he gets them to 13th next season and people say he's done a good job because they avoided a relegation battle

And then telling little old Everton how great full they should be

Just quickly scanned updated xG stats to see where we were vs. that diabolical list posted before lockdown on Sky I think. After 37 games we're 2nd worst in xG for (behind Palace) and 3rd worse in xGA (above Villa and Norwich).

Couldn't be fucked finding any more but basically that is still the real story of our season despite the fluked results and supposed uptick. We don't score and concede for fun.

Looking forward to next season already, albeit I absolutely won't be watching.

The football was actually worse than I was expecting, the results were better. 

And as we all know from experience that ordinarily a season built on shit performances is a house built on sand, it hasn't left me particularly impressed overall.

Plus he's very false and self-serving.  Somehow he seems to realise he's shit but also has a massive ego on him.  And his mates in the media are arseholes.

Pretty much this. The narrative around him is as bad as his own woe is me personality.

"Basically that is the way the club has been for the last two or three years.

"I learned very quickly that they weren't ready for the change."

"I did think the players were used to playing in a certain way, to defend deep and play on the counter-attack."

"Our job is now to improve and keep on improving.

"Since we have changed I think we have been better in terms of holding on to the ball and being more of a goal threat."

Charlatans_1339243997.jpeg

If I ever have to hear Bruce say once more “I don’t want to make excuses, but I’ve got this excuse handy, and this other one if I need it”...

Actually, if Bruce is doing press conferences after today, I won’t hear about it.

Guest neesy111

Is it right if we lose today, it'll be our worst ever season in the premiership that didn't include relegation ?

Better than Rafa.

Nope.