Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Still remember and hate the day baconhead was confirmed as manager and popped up in China for our Asia Trophy training 18 months ago. Lost all hope in the team from that day.

Surely there is a way for the fans to let this anger out on him despite being away from games? He is getting a smooth ride so far.

Sky's MNF just showed a stat. We are 2nd in the table behind Villa in conceding goals in the last 5minutes since the start of last season. 16 goals conceded and losing 4 points in the process.

Work in progress my arse.....

The only thing he picked up from Fergie is that he shouldn’t try to be Franz Beckenbauer as a defender and that his job is to stop the ball going into the net, that’s it.

And that’s why he doesn’t like ball playing defenders like Schär and Lejeune.

He’s basically stuck in the 80s

was he the only memeber of fergie's team not to be an international?

Yeah. He's widely regarded to be one of England's best uncapped players.

He was a good player.

the new steve perryman, for us even older folk.

You’d think he’d have picked up something from Fergie, like anything. But it’s almost like he just wasn’t paying attention for all of those years..

I'm not convinced Fergie would be a good manager these days anyway.

This is some claim, surely worthy of elaboration? :lol:

You’d think he’d have picked up something from Fergie, like anything. But it’s almost like he just wasn’t paying attention for all of those years..

I think the game has changed so much since he was last managing. He was about work ethic, man management and a strong disciplinarian.

I think the game has changed so much since he was last managing. He was about work ethic, man management and a strong disciplinarian.

None of those things are irrelevant these days. In fact I'd argue they're even more important in the modern game.

Guest Cheesy Beans

The Man Utd squad wouldn’t be full of Instagram influencers if he was in charge and that would almost certainly improve them even before you consider everything else.

None of those things are irrelevant these days. In fact I'd argue they're even more important in the modern game.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be better than OGS btw. Just don't think he'd compete with the likes of Pep and Klopp.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be better than OGS btw. Just don't think he'd compete with the likes of Pep and Klopp.

But that's exactly what disqualifies your original point. Pep and Klopp also have those traits.