Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Managers we might be able to get, that would atleast be worth a go:

Jesse Marsch

Eddie Howe

Xabi Alonso

Roger Schmidt

Zemen (wild card pick for shits and giggles)

Rijikaard

You honestly expect Charnley to have heard of any of them bar Eddie Howe?

Best option would be to let Staveley pick the successor but install a break clause at end of season to allow all parties to get out of arrangement if takeover hasn’t happened

I'd be happier if Staveley employed other people to pick the manager tbh. Not sure she's a football "expert".

Best option would be to let Staveley pick the successor but install a break clause at end of season to allow all parties to get out of arrangement if takeover hasn’t happened

I'd be happier if Staveley employed other people to pick the manager tbh. Not sure she's a football "expert".

Exactly, ultimately that's what we've been lacking all along. The daft thing is that there probably IS a universe where Newcastle isn't a disgrace and Mike Ashley still gets to pursue his poxy agenda. He just never bothered to appoint a few key people in a few key positions to get the win-win.

Someone like Dennis Wise 😂

Don’t take that use literally, I see Staveley as a figure head of a team which I’m sure incorporates football experts

Sheff Wed fans must be feeling quite relieved if they are aware of all this information.

I know he'd had a reasonable start there (sounds familiar) but this level of performance from Bruce was clearly in their future.

He says he wants to play front foot football, but then says by doing though, we’re suspect to conceding 3 in the last 5 minutes of the game and giving away a ridiculous number of shots.

I didn't really follow any of his teams in his 20 years of management, but I can't recall any of them playing front foot football. Mostly it seemed to be pretty similar to what we're seeing now. Just a non-descript style which defaulted to defence and relied on a winger and a big man up front as the outlet.

It's simple though, he thinks 'front foot football' means getting it to the front as quickly as possible, and he absolutely is not willing to adapt to any development of how teams play. Keeping possession is a waste of time so we don't work on that. The majority of teams we play against can at least pass a little bit, know time spent passing around is time not under threat of conceding goals. He doesn't do the homework on other teams to know where the threats will be (see Lamptey). His failings are arguably least exposed against teams like Man United he expects to lose to cos he can tell everyone to drop deep and run up the pitch on the counter, but when we can't even manage that we have literally no threat. When our entire plan is pass it to ASm to run the length of the pitch...

I will concede he is obviously a very good man manager, he has got players on side (though this may be cos they don't have to work hard like they did under Rafa) but the sidelining of Schar and Lejeune illustrates his problem completely. YEs they are higher risk than the other defenders, but the rewards on keeping hold of the ball do defensive wonders. Currently Bruce does not improve us going forwards and he has not made us defensively solid.

Not entirely sure why the worm has suddenly turned now like

They're stuck watching the football indoors with the missus.

They can no longer use the excuse "support the team not the regime" for their day out on the lash.

Not entirely sure why the worm has suddenly turned now like

They're stuck watching the football indoors with the missus.

They can no longer use the excuse "support the team not the regime" for their day out on the lash.

I really hope it is this

After I gave up my ST post Rafa it became very easy to see what the 'product' of NUFC actually was and it was terrible.

When football only makes up 2 hours of a day out with mates/family its easy to ignore how dire the activity that you're building the day round actually is. Stripping all that away and forcing people to actually choose to watch this shite will have been a massive eye opener.

Ive said for years that the location of SJP is actually one of the biggest things holding our club/fanbase back. Its too easy to turn up, accept the shit youre served and then go back to the pub or home. If following the club actually took any effort (like living away from the area or an out of town stadium) then people would have walked away many years ago.

Once you see things for what they actually are its very difficult to go back.

Good point this to be fair, once they've only got the actual game to watch and not the full event of a day out and they're having to watch the football in cold light of day sans beer goggles they're probably realising how horrific this club has become. If Ashley is still here when crowds are allowed back in it'll be interesting to see how far our support has fallen.