Newcastle 0 - 1 Chelsea - Post match thread

Dave

Guest henall5

It was a blatant free kick to them though.  Ok, so it was taken from the wrong place, but had Given done his job properly they wouldn't have scored.

Emre goes up the other end, dives to win a free kick and most on here say fair play.

stop talking about chelsea mates,everyone know they are cheats..

but tbh,roeder was an idiot today,he had a fantastic first half,the seconed half was just a disgrace,our players were running out fitness and our main and only striker,martins looked invisible,still he decided not to make changes,he didnt make the change untill the 86th FU**ING min,when it was almost all over...

the last 20 min our players looked like they just ran a marathon,all of them looked poor and it was only a matter of time for chelsea to score,they did the exact same thing last game and it worked,they did it today and it worked,GR never learns from his mistakes does he..

anyway,another cup gone and now lets look forward to the tottenham match..

Bunch of cheating cunts. We played reasonably well but ultimately fell foul of a load of over rated cheating pricks. Le sib was obviously injured or we could have used him early. We need to strengthen in January but plenty of positives to be taken overall.

Guest thompers

The first of many games lost due to Roeder being incapable of not selecting Parker, i fear.

how is it parker's fault now?!

Because he's too slow on the ball, doesn't distribute fast enough and we look toothless as a result. Comprendé?

Given should have saved the freeekick. On his side. What the hell as he doing at the end when Lampard hit the post!!! Need a commander in there.

It was a freekick on Robben, but the way he jumps around is pathetic. Also, they clearly moved the position for a better angle, and the ref let them do this.

face it ,thats what they allways do, they overreact, jump like ballerinas, wave there hands, just so they can win a game, how many games have they gotten advantage by this cheating and acting. Jose is just the same accusing other player of cheating while letting his players dive and play act all the time.

That is chelsea, so many good players, and still need to cheat to win

same old chelsea, buying all the best players money can buy, and still cheating

Guest thompers

Feel pretty ripped-off really.

Robben is a cunt basically, I'd love to meet him and crush his head in my vice-like grip.

The twat.

Well god help him if he ever signs up here, because if you don't like him, he'd be out on his arse at the first offence, probably after you'd just let another poster off with a worse one.

Sibbers should have STARTED. Parker is SHIT. Given had a bit of a dodgy one, but I forgive him :)

With this.

----------------------------------------------

But if people want to look at the silver lining then at least we didn't get tonked twice over by Chelsea in the two games we've just played.

This is good considering the season we've had and of course the injuries.

1-0 x 2 is good efforts considering.

The lads should be proud of themselves, i am of them, some of the lesser players are really showing their worth.

Goal disallowed, dive for a free kick, move the ball forward a few paces to get an advantage, score, ref spoon feeding them decisions. Sounds about right. When will we buy our own referees?

Wasn't a dive at all, he was clearly fouled.

The first of many games lost due to Roeder being incapable of not selecting Parker, i fear.

how is it parker's fault now?!

Not only was his individual performance poor, he completely disrupts the balance of the side; nothing a few crunching tackles won't make up for though, eh?

Pros

- Thought our defence looked pretty solid and kept a good shape most of the time

- Huntington did pretty well at left back though he was overly tested, perhaps another player better than Babayaro!

- No injuries that I could see

Cons

- Overall I thought we were pretty gutless, Chelsea were there for the taking, it looked like we were hoping for a goal to happen out of no-where rather than actually creating one from some decent build up play

- I don't like Dyer in that position I thought the game past him by though he did work hard tracking back

- No urgency in our play, build up was far too slow

- Please don't play Butt and Parker at the same time

- Parker doesn't offer anything going forward

- Robben is fucking cunt who deserves a face full of boot

- Anyone can see that launching high balls to Ob up front is not going to get us anywhere

- Roeder is just far to slow in making subs, he should have brought on sibi a lot earier

Overall gutted, thought we had a really good chance tonight

Guest newcastle4life

First-half diagnosis?

nothing going forward but defense reasonably strong

Second-half diagnosis?

same as first

Full-time diagnosis?

to negative at home let Chelsea win

Star man for United?

Taylor

Worst United player?

Parker